What's new

Pakistan Army | Balochistan Earthquake relief effort.

Hopefully people are safe - i was on phone with my brother - didn't hear much from him in this regard.

News Channels reporting Earthquake of 7.8 magnitude!! It's too big and can wreck havoc.

I Pray that there will be no loss of human life!!

Is the epicenter close to any major population centers? I heard that Baluchistan is fairly sparsely inhabited. If devastating damage occurred, God forbid, then could it be possible that help would not reach the effected areas quickly if the earthquake hit isolated villages? What is being done to prevent earthquakes from having a too devastating effect on the infrastructure? I know that they use different techniques in Japan which is also a seismic area.

Of course there is little one can do against very strong earthquakes.

i just confirmed from my family in Karachi, they didn't feel earth quake

Hope there is no loss of life !

and may the people in difficulty find strength and courage to overcome the crisis !!!

Is the epicenter close to any major population centers? I heard that Baluchistan is fairly sparsely inhabited. If devastating damage occurred, God forbid, then could it be possible that help would not reach the effected areas quickly if the earthquake hit isolated villages? What is being done to prevent earthquakes from having a too devastating effect on the infrastructure? I know that they use different techniques in Japan which is also a seismic area.

Of course there is little one can do against very strong earthquakes.

Karachi and other cities in Sindh

Karachi and other cities in Sindh

Thanks bro. I was aware about that just by looking at the map of the epicenter. What I was referring to was the immediate area next to the epicenter which occurred in Baluchistan. What is the closest major population center next to the epicenter? One could fear for damage there or villages next to it. That's what I was thinking about.

Thanks bro. I was aware about that just by looking at the map of the epicenter. What I was referring to was the immediate area next to the epicenter which occurred in Baluchistan. What is the closest major population center next to the epicenter? One could fear for damage there or villages next to it. That's what I was thinking about.

there is Khuzdar in Balochistan

Actually I just checked the map, the distance between Delhi and Lahore from the epicenter are about the same. So it is possible.

Its not the distance from the epicenter as much as the distance from the fault line. The red line you see in the map is te fault line, look how close it is to Delhi.

Pakistan-Earthqauke-Tremor-Sindh-Balochistan-7.7_9-24-2013_119665_l.jpg

Its not the distance from the epicenter as much as the distance from the fault line. The red line you see in the map is te fault line, look how close it is to Delhi.

Pakistan-Earthqauke-Tremor-Sindh-Balochistan-7.7_9-24-2013_119665_l.jpg

i dont think that distance from the fault line matters

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom