What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

1616937565204.png

An observation; the landing gear housing on this particular Puma is bigger compared to our fleet of older Pumas. While I personally haven't seen this example before, can anyone shed more light on our fleet of Puma helicopters? (not to confuse this one with our modern Puma fleet that have both variations of landing gear housing) @HRK @Inception-06
Ew2e_SmWQAIGt7W.jpg

An observation; the landing gear housing on this particular Puma is bigger compared to our fleet of older Pumas. While I personally haven't seen this example before, can anyone shed more light on our fleet of Puma helicopters? (not to confuse this one with our modern Puma fleet that have both variations of landing gear housing) @HRK @Inception-06 View attachment 729306
I must admit I have no idea about this thing ...

An observation; the landing gear housing on this particular Puma is bigger compared to our fleet of older Pumas. While I personally haven't seen this example before, can anyone shed more light on our fleet of Puma helicopters? (not to confuse this one with our modern Puma fleet that have both variations of landing gear housing) @HRK @Inception-06 View attachment 729306
I am also not an expert in this field.

I must admit I have no idea about this thing ...

I am also not an expert in this field.
@GriffinsRule sir, will he the best man to ask.

The placement and form of the armor plates is a joke.
Not at all, it’s completely adequate for the usage and the platform. Its more than enough to stop AK rounds and even HMG rounds at a distance when combined with the Helicopter frame. The glass above it can take 7.62 hits as well. It could make a helluva difference when under fire from small arms, which is all the Taliban have. Most of the helicopter losses in the Middle East were due to Small arms, there’s even a video of an Apache pilot getting hit by a 7.62 round in flight.

It's more than puma 24 in total along 224 challenger tanks C130j 24 EF old Chinooks 770 warrior vehicles , Frigates, destroyers meeting with UK military Gen at CJCS Headquarters all forces top brass was there means good chance Pakistan will get chunk for all 3 forces.
We don't have the negotiating smarts or hard cash to secure any of that (except for maybe the Pumas).

@GriffinsRule sir, will he the best man to ask.
The housing or 'sponson' as it is called was an optional feature for Pumas and incorporates additional fuel tanks for slightly longer range. Some variants also incorporate floatation devices as well if operating over bodies of water.

Looks normal maybe more zoomed in. Or you haven't seen em this close before?

Back
Top Bottom