What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

We are getting umtas/omtas with t129 package right?
Yes it was part of that package too. However, there's an additional requirement too, and tests for those were to happen Q4 2019 (they'll either happen, are already happening, or concluding now). Not sure what else they are looking at, but I imagine a Chinese option would also be there, and possibly South African and Ukrainian too.

Yes it was part of that package too. However, there's an additional requirement too, and tests for those were to happen Q4 2019 (they'll either happen, are already happening, or concluding now). Not sure what else they are looking at, but I imagine a Chinese option would also be there, and possibly South African and Ukrainian too.
You know what the likelihood of HJ-12 being purchased is?

Or More kornets maybe?

You know what the likelihood of HJ-12 being purchased is?
I don't know. But there are a couple of things to think about. The Army would need to set up some infrastructure to maintain and use the UMTAS/OMTAS. There's an overhead involved. So, there's one incentive right there to take up the UMTAS/OMTAS, possibly even acquire it under ToT (or encourage Roketsan to set-up its own production plant in Pakistan to supply the missiles from within).

Or More kornets maybe?
Possibly, but I don't think Pakistan will take any risks with CAATSA by dealing with the Russians any further (esp. when the Russian side has repeatedly shown to not want to engage deeply with Pakistan either, militarily at least).

Or More kornets maybe?
In all honesty, Kornets are overhyped. Russians have probably made their T-90s immune, or at least resistant to the Kornet copper warhead. Pakistan would be better off investing in less well known, but lethal ATGMs for use from various countries.

I don't know. But there are a couple of things to think about. The Army would need to set up some infrastructure to maintain and use the UMTAS/OMTAS. There's an overhead involved. So, there's one incentive right there to take up the UMTAS/OMTAS, possibly even acquire it under ToT (or encourage Roketsan to set-up its own production plant in Pakistan to supply the missiles from within).

Possibly, but I don't think Pakistan will take any risks with CAATSA by dealing with the Russians any further (esp. when the Russian side has repeatedly shown to not want to engage deeply with Pakistan either, militarily at least).
Nicely explained thanks.
And what about the procedurement of more hind e?

In all honesty, Kornets are overhyped. Russians have probably made their T-90s immune, or at least resistant to the Kornet copper warhead. Pakistan would be better off investing in less well known, but lethal ATGMs for use from various countries.
And options are turkey china RSA Ukraine only. Hellfire is another good option but i know we are not getting it :3

Nicely explained thanks.
And what about the procedurement of more hind e?

And options are turkey china RSA Ukraine only. Hellfire is another good option but i know we are not getting it :3
Not true, as I was highlighting there are developing systems in both UAE, and KSA which enjoy great relations with Pakistan. They could be options if further developed, and publicized in the same way UMTAS is publicized instead of hiding them in the shadows.

The Army might test it as part of its wide-deployment ATGM requirement. The Army will test OMTAS/UMTAS by the end of Q4 2019 (if not already) as well. So let's see.
I think we know where this is going...

some allouette photos for nostalgia from angola ops.

Attachments

• bushalouettegunship.jpg
    bushalouettegunship.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 143
  • bushsupressor.jpg
    bushsupressor.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 147
Still confusion is there about finalizing T-129 deal.
No official confirmation from either side yet after Engine controversy sparked.

Back
Top Bottom