What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Cobra

Attachments

• 1485521887390.jpg
    1485521887390.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 110
Albeit, most of PAA Helicopters carry the MG-3 Machine guns however some are equipped with rarely seen mini guns.

16298548_10154993904275816_3258059906019576184_n.jpg

According to manufacturer Bell, the AH-1Z is the only helicopter in the world to feature air-to-air missile attack capabilities.
our we getting this capability on our AH1Zs as we possess the AIM9 series A2A missiles.

According to manufacturer Bell, the AH-1Z is the only helicopter in the world to feature air-to-air missile attack capabilities.
our we getting this capability on our AH1Zs as we possess the AIM9 series A2A missiles.
The T-129 can carry an air-to-air version of the Stinger. Shouldn't be a big leap to do the same with the AIM-9L or some similar missile, especially a South African or Brazilian one.

https://www.tai.com.tr/en/project/atak

I think Z10 also carrying ty90 missile they did a successful test in 2013 operational range in 6km

I think Z10 also carrying ty90 missile they did a successful test in 2013 operational range in 6km

suddenly many choices for PAA to replace their venerated but ageing Cobra AH-1F/S.
Chinese Z10PK
Turkish T129
US AH1Z
Russian Mi35
and I would also add the Italian Mangusta to the mix.

This is from H khan of pakdef , what he mean by lot of common with "Z' with ''S" ??
Mi-35 are being procured for COIN, induction and extraction of SO

In the end there will be AH-1Z plus one more. Just to let you know the “Z” has a lot of parts which are in common with “S” not the engine or the rotor plus the avionics.

Pakistan's AH-1S/F are legacy single-engine Cobras.

The AH-1Z is the latest version of the twin-engine AH-1 Super Cobra. Not sure how much the AH-1Z has in common with the AH-1S/F, but there's no commonality in avionics, engine, weapons or erosion-resistant airframe. What's left?

Pakistan probably got the AH-1Z with FMF support, and as long as U.S. military aid keeps streaming, I would expect more AH-1Z. IMHO nothing to do with apparent commonality with AH-1F/S.

suddenly many choices for PAA to replace their venerated but ageing Cobra AH-1F/S.
Chinese Z10PK
Turkish T129
US AH1Z
Russian Mi35
and I would also add the Italian Mangusta to the mix.
The Mi-35 wasn't sought to replace the Cobras. It's a hybrid platform that is best for hot-zone insertion and extraction, an up-gunned transport than an attacker.

There's no more Italian Mangusta, Turkey bought the rights and entire production line of the Mangusta for the T129 ATAK. Even AugustaWestland is just marketing the T129 (instead of Mangusta).

Last edited:
February 15/17: Turkey’s Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) has awarded TUSA? Engine Industries (TEI) a contract to develop and manufacture a new indigenous turboshaft engine
external.png
external.png
. The engine will be used in Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) new clean-sheet T-625
external.png
external.png
utility helicopter, as well as the TAI T-129 ATAK
external.png
external.png
attack helicopter and TAI Hürku? turboprop-powered trainer and light combat aircraft. At present, Ankara depends on foreign turboshaft designs, such as the General Electric T700, which require them to secure licenses and approval for exports.

Leonardo: Pakistan expands its AW139 fleet with new orders

squared_medium_squared_original_AW139_s.jpg

• Additional aircraft for utility and transport purposes with deliveries starting in mid-2017

Leonardo announced today that the Pakistan Ministry of Defence has placed orders for an undisclosed number of additional AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters. The aircraft will be used to perform utility and transport operations across the nation. Deliveries are expected to start in mid-2017.

This latest purchase further expands the presence and success of the AW139 and other Leonardo models in Pakistan and confirms the AW139 as the preferred new generation helicopter choice for replacement of older types currently in service. The AW139 is the perfect fit to Pakistan’s operational environment, delivering outstanding capabilities with hot and high performance unmatched by any other existing helicopter type in the same class. The new helicopters will add to the fleet of AW139 previously ordered to carry out search and rescue (SAR) and emergency medical service (EMS) duties in the country.

Rome 20/02/2017 17:35

@HRK @Zarvan @fatman17 @Oscar
Having such diverse Helicopters can be problematic. Mi-35,Cobra,Bell,AW139,MI-17 and possibly Z-10.Yes the new apaches are similar to mantain as cobras and bell,Mi17 are also familiar but still diversing too many options and helis will be an issue. I hope we address this threat properly.

anyone have any guess about what role is assigned to aw139

SAR, utility and transport. its mentioned in post # 3281

@HRK @Zarvan @fatman17 @Oscar
Having such diverse Helicopters can be problematic. Mi-35,Cobra,Bell,AW139,MI-17 and possibly Z-10.Yes the new apaches are similar to mantain as cobras and bell,Mi17 are also familiar but still diversing too many options and helis will be an issue. I hope we address this threat properly.

3 supply chains are manageable. US, Russia and Italy. we have depot level maintenance facilities for Mi17 and I'm sure Mi35 can also be managed. for AW139 we should also try to get similar facilities to make things easier. we have extensive experience of maintaining the Cobras locally at Multan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom