What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

Humvees offer no small arms protection at all, let alone IED protection.
They were never made to be armored trucks, up-armored ones provide some protection against small arms only where the armor coverage is present.

But these machines are also old, slow and have tons of mechanical and reliability issues that only countries with proper supply lines set up for them can deal with, something us with no prior use and no direct sales from the US do not have. I agree that anything is better than a hilux, but even if they’re cheap. That money is better spent elsewhere, hopefully buying proper Armored vehicles for the forces.

Less, the normal Humvee has Absolutely no armor at all, people think it was designed to be armored or something. The body is made out of fiberglass to save weight. It’s durable yes, but won’t stop a bullet.

The ones Taliban have seem to be well armoured they can stop small arms pretty easily and even rpg‘s. But yeah there might be supply line issues since we bought them from Taliban not usa

The ones Taliban have seem to be well armoured they can stop small arms pretty easily and even rpg‘s. But yeah there might be supply line issues since we bought them from Taliban not usa
They will definitely not stop an RPG or an IED, no matter how much armor you put on top of them. At most they’ll stop small arms like 5.56 and 7.62 (upto 12.7mm for the really up-armored ones). And that too only where the protection is present. The Humvee was never designed to be an armored vehicle.

keep in mind these things are so slow that soldiers used to take off doors and armor to make them mobile enough to get through bad terrain, so all that bolt on armor comes at quite some cost too.

Again, they’re definitely better protection than a hilux (only when armored, an unarmored Humvee or hilux offers the exact same protection, none), but the money is definitely better spent elsewhere, like acquiring proper Armored vehicles.

Humvees aren't designed to stop IEDs, not even the uparmoured ones. In terms of capabilities they'll bring to the table for Pakistan, it'll be a step back... They're more expensive than pickups, cost more to maintain and an IED will blow them 10 feet in the air.
As for RPGs, nothing stops those, maybe slat armour, but even they are vulnerable to tandem warhead RPGs.

What Pakistan needs is a V-Shaped hull MRAP based on the Land-Crusier chassis, I don't know how something like that can be built, but it needs to be cheap and easy to operate and maintain. (Look at the Buffel and UniBuffel for inspiration, idk).
While for larger troop transport, HINO truck chassis needs to be modified into a MRAP, many countries do this, in fact most MRAPs are based on modified commercial chassis.

Lastly armoured police vans are needed (the one's that'll operate in cities, with paved roads, they'll be the ones encountering SVBIEDs or motorcycle IEDs.) They can be built slightly cheap as they don't need a complex hull or suspension.

This might seem like a lot, but remember this was needed to be done 20 years ago, had we started this then, we'd have a booming APC/MRAP industry by now.
Instead we blew money away on tanks and now IFVs, that won't even see action their entire lives. Or Frigates....

Humvees aren't designed to stop IEDs, not even the uparmoured ones. In terms of capabilities they'll bring to the table for Pakistan, it'll be a step back... They're more expensive than pickups, cost more to maintain and an IED will blow them 10 feet in the air.
As for RPGs, nothing stops those, maybe slat armour, but even they are vulnerable to tandem warhead RPGs.

What Pakistan needs is a V-Shaped hull MRAP based on the Land-Crusier chassis, I don't know how something like that can be built, but it needs to be cheap and easy to operate and maintain. (Look at the Buffel and UniBuffel for inspiration, idk).
While for larger troop transport, HINO truck chassis needs to be modified into a MRAP, many countries do this, in fact most MRAPs are based on modified commercial chassis.

Lastly armoured police vans are needed (the one's that'll operate in cities, with paved roads, they'll be the ones encountering SVBIEDs or motorcycle IEDs.) They can be built slightly cheap as they don't need a complex hull or suspension.

This might seem like a lot, but remember this was needed to be done 20 years ago, had we started this then, we'd have a booming APC/MRAP industry by now.
Instead we blew money away on tanks and now IFVs, that won't even see action their entire lives. Or Frigates....
Counter insurgency war is over. BLA is dead and TTP doing a peace deal to end the insurgency for good.
Do you intend to use a mrap against a Indian BMP2 in future scenarios. I'd like to see how that one plays out.
And land cruiser chassis can't be converted into a mrap ,its too small

Secondly in all countries its private companies that come up with new designs not state owned manufacturers.
So if you have a problem with us not having any mraps I'd suggest investing in a private company that can design a mrap , if you cannot do that then please keep your opinions to your self.

Counter insurgency war is over. BLA is dead and TTP doing a peace deal to end the insurgency for good.
Do you intend to use a mrap against a Indian BMP2 in future scenarios. I'd like to see how that one plays out.

Secondly in all countries its private companies that come up with new designs not state owned manufacturers.
So if you have a problem with us not having any mraps I'd suggest investing in a private company that can design a mrap , if you cannot do that then please keep your opinions to your self.
Pakistan will always facing some sort of insurgency. Yes you need MRAP. Even in normal times many forces used some sort of armored vehicles for troops movement.

Pakistan should have adopted these. They were better protected then American Humvees and if I am not wrong South Korea was offering TOT.
DSC_0172.jpg

Pakistan should have adopted these. They were better protected then American Humvees and if I am not wrong South Korea was offering TOT.
DSC_0170.jpg

That is far from true, even if BLA and TTP stop their activities, the proliferation of bomb making and IED making know-how is so much, that gangs and other criminal organizations will keep this up long after TTP or BLA is dissolved.
Secondly I won't go into the debate of whether or not TTP or BLA is dead, but they're far from dead.
I know they're too small, but smaller MRAPs exist, or at least their prototypes did. The main point is, something cheap to build and operate with preferably off the shelf parts, doesn't have to be a Land Cruiser chassis, the South Africans made do with Unimogs.
Yes, here we have state owned manufacturers buying blueprints of vehicles that aren't even in widespread service... What stopped them from buying NORINCO or South African designs? Nigerians build them, Indians build them, heck UAE started few years ago as well.
Easy to blame the private companies, but such an environment doesn't even exist in the first place. Only an idiot would risk their capital and safety to market a MRAP to a military that operates less than a 100 MRAPs, despite facing a 20 year long WoT.

Atleast division sized light infantry equipped with MRAP's is needed even if insurgency dies but it's not dying BLA is searching for another sugar daddy who can provide them money and logistics along with safe heavens,while TTP is buying time for next round.

Please list anyother such country which has any organisation like HIT and complete monoply of Government over equipment R&D and manufacturing.
Designing MRAPS isn't rocket science it's just manpower is expandable.

Guess what I saw driving through a certain city tonight. These are 100% coming from Afghanistan given their condition. Probably going to get overhauled first and then into service. The marking on it is interesting. PA51. 51st delivery? 51st delivery for PA? This is like the 3rd or 4th batch.
C9D5B240-ED3F-4091-AB73-D785FE8D4C43.jpeg
FA9745DC-FF17-4159-B747-672477DD5466.jpeg
24B034B8-D6B2-465A-8CC6-4EE62747A961.jpeg
7DFCADD6-7F9A-4697-A1BB-C6FD26560176.jpeg
84BB6F38-54C0-40A5-8437-075E87B91660.jpeg
D04E8EAD-7412-4558-8890-33894075748F.jpeg
311A3194-1C04-4DC9-835C-4CD7921BA02A.jpeg

Guess what I saw driving through a certain city tonight. These are 100% coming from Afghanistan given their condition. Probably going to get overhauled first and then into service. The marking on it is interesting. PA51. 51st delivery? 51st delivery for PA? This is like the 3rd or 4th batch. View attachment 796400View attachment 796401View attachment 796402View attachment 796403View attachment 796404View attachment 796405View attachment 796406
this looks like RWP, GT Road.

Guess what I saw driving through a certain city tonight. These are 100% coming from Afghanistan given their condition. Probably going to get overhauled first and then into service. The marking on it is interesting. PA51. 51st delivery? 51st delivery for PA? This is like the 3rd or 4th batch. View attachment 796400View attachment 796401View attachment 796402View attachment 796403View attachment 796404View attachment 796405View attachment 796406
Mall road, RWP. Opposite to PC as well as MCS.

Khair nal a... Khair nal ja.
20210515_233621.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom