What's new

Pakistan applies for NSG membership

China and Italy won't veto Pakistan. Only US can but I guess they are reaching some agreement in the wake of F-16 fiasco. This is where Obama admin does not need the approval of congress. While India should improve its relations with China so that her application is not vetoed.

There are many countries like Sweden, Norway even Germany/Japan who might veto

I have a few questions!
1.If India has got the NSG waiver tan what is the need for NSG membership ?

2.Didn't the grant of waiver require to go through a similar consensus based decision ?

3.If that could go through why not this?
Please someone shed some light!
The clumsy waiver is not equivalent to membership. Member states can agree to provide any equipment requested by India or plainly refuse. It's case to case scenario. Provide Indians what they are requesting at your own risk and discretion. Only US, to satisfy it short term needs, is willing to give something to India.

We already have the NSG wavier why do we need to be in NSG can anyone explain this to me why is it so important?

I have a few questions!
1.If India has got the NSG waiver tan what is the need for NSG membership ?

2.Didn't the grant of waiver require to go through a similar consensus based decision ?

3.If that could go through why not this?
Please someone shed some light!

NSG membership for India is more of a formality and does not add anything in substance to what has already been agreed upon as part of the NSG waiver.

But the risk is that Indian NSG application may be accepted with “non nuclear state status” within NSG or may be accorded just an ‘second class membership’ if the Indian diplomacy does not succeed.

China and Italy won't veto Pakistan. Only US can but I guess they are reaching some agreement in the wake of F-16 fiasco. This is where Obama admin does not need the approval of congress. While India should improve its relations with China so that her application is not vetoed.

Agreed !

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom