What's new

Pakistan and India actors unite in the UAE

Bravo Lion

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As Bollywood director and producer Karan Johar released a video in which he swears not to work with Pakistani actors until the political tensions between India and Pakistan are resolved, a scene of a different nature played out in the UAE. :rofl::lol:

On Tuesday evening, television actors from India and Pakistan worked together filming the locally produced serial Khwabon Ke Darmiyaan at Dubai’s City Walk.

The hour-long TV show has 13 episodes, which will be telecast on Zee Middle East in November — but not on the network’s Indian channels.

Its lead actor, Javed Sheikh, is a Pakistani who has acted in Bollywood films such as Namastey London and Tamasha. He described their collective sentiment by proclaiming that actors should ideally be placed above politics. His co-stars include Indian actors Nigaar Khan, Aryan Ved and Sachin Khurrana, and Pakistani actor Muneeb Bhatt.

The 65-year-old veteran actor plays Imran Malik, a Dubai-based business tycoon, whose trials of running a real-estate empire are told in the series.

“This fraternity is for peace … We are not into it. What’s happening is between the governments. We should not get involved. Like actor Salman Khan said, whether the actors come to India from Pakistan or to Pakistan [from] India, they come with a government visa and a work permit. They pay all taxes and we spread love. There’s nothing except love between these two countries,” said Sheikh in an interview withtabloid! in his vanity van.

The actor was on the tenth day of his Dubai shoot and was due to return to Pakistan soon after finishing his 20-hour shoot. He’s optimistic that the simmering tensions between the countries would be resolved soon. A Bollywood project also hangs in the balance.

In the last few weeks, cinemas in Pakistan have banned Indian films as a mark of solidarity with their country’s armed forces, while the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association has banned Pakistani actors from working in Bollywood. Johar, the director and producer ofAe Dil Hai Mushkil, which stars Pakistani talent Fawad Khan, fears a ban on his film due to the tense political climate and has declared his patriotism publicly so that his Diwali release goes uninterrupted.

“I have a Bollywood project, Veerey Di Shaadi, pending. Kareena Kapoor [Khan] has her delivery in December and the shooting has been pushed to April. By that time, I am sure everything will be fine and we will start to work together again in India,” said Sheikh.

His co-stars from the TV serial couldn’t agree more. Indian actress Khan, who plays a chief financial officer called Roshini Mehra inKhwabon Ke Darmiyaan, says the going has been good.

“It’s the first time that I am working with Pakistani actors … It’s also the first time that the viewers will be able to see a story set in Dubai with actors from both India and Pakistan. It’s truly an international story,” said Khan.

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/cele...d-pakistani-actors-unite-in-the-uae-1.1915128

As Bollywood director and producer Karan Johar released a video in which he swears not to work with Pakistani actors until the political tensions between India and Pakistan are resolved, a scene of a different nature played out in the UAE. :rofl::lol:

On Tuesday evening, television actors from India and Pakistan worked together filming the locally produced serial Khwabon Ke Darmiyaan at Dubai’s City Walk.

The hour-long TV show has 13 episodes, which will be telecast on Zee Middle East in November — but not on the network’s Indian channels.

Its lead actor, Javed Sheikh, is a Pakistani who has acted in Bollywood films such as Namastey London and Tamasha. He described their collective sentiment by proclaiming that actors should ideally be placed above politics. His co-stars include Indian actors Nigaar Khan, Aryan Ved and Sachin Khurrana, and Pakistani actor Muneeb Bhatt.

The 65-year-old veteran actor plays Imran Malik, a Dubai-based business tycoon, whose trials of running a real-estate empire are told in the series.

“This fraternity is for peace … We are not into it. What’s happening is between the governments. We should not get involved. Like actor Salman Khan said, whether the actors come to India from Pakistan or to Pakistan [from] India, they come with a government visa and a work permit. They pay all taxes and we spread love. There’s nothing except love between these two countries,” said Sheikh in an interview withtabloid! in his vanity van.

The actor was on the tenth day of his Dubai shoot and was due to return to Pakistan soon after finishing his 20-hour shoot. He’s optimistic that the simmering tensions between the countries would be resolved soon. A Bollywood project also hangs in the balance.

In the last few weeks, cinemas in Pakistan have banned Indian films as a mark of solidarity with their country’s armed forces, while the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association has banned Pakistani actors from working in Bollywood. Johar, the director and producer ofAe Dil Hai Mushkil, which stars Pakistani talent Fawad Khan, fears a ban on his film due to the tense political climate and has declared his patriotism publicly so that his Diwali release goes uninterrupted.

“I have a Bollywood project, Veerey Di Shaadi, pending. Kareena Kapoor [Khan] has her delivery in December and the shooting has been pushed to April. By that time, I am sure everything will be fine and we will start to work together again in India,” said Sheikh.

His co-stars from the TV serial couldn’t agree more. Indian actress Khan, who plays a chief financial officer called Roshini Mehra inKhwabon Ke Darmiyaan, says the going has been good.

“It’s the first time that I am working with Pakistani actors … It’s also the first time that the viewers will be able to see a story set in Dubai with actors from both India and Pakistan. It’s truly an international story,” said Khan.

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/cele...d-pakistani-actors-unite-in-the-uae-1.1915128
Ye sub milke Indians ko hootya bana rahe hain.

Ye sub milke Indians ko hootya bana rahe hain.

sahi kaha bhai, Karan Johar bhi wasey hi jhoot moot ki video bana daali just to fool Indian Public, lakien ander seh mamla hi kuch ur hai, woh kai secrets projects hamarey actors k sath ker chuka hai already i have read that somewhere :lol:

AAP Kejriwal waali baat yad a gaye " Chutiya" banai jao public ko :lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sahi kaha bhai, Karan Johar bhi wasey hi jhoot moot ki video bana daali just to fool Indian Public, lakien ander seh mamla hi kuch ur hai, woh kai secrets projects hamarey actors k sath ker chuka hai already i have read that somewhere :lol:

AAP Kejriwal waali baat yad a gaye " Chutiya" banai jao public ko :lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Indians be like.

Its time for Pakistani Entertainment Industry to start looking beyond India.

There was time when Pakistani produced "Dhoop Kinarey" and "Bakra kishton Mein" kind of plays were in great demand in India also. They must nurture and retain the talent and produce movies and plays which reflect Pakistani culture which need not be on Bollywood template.

But to achieve any success in Entertainment and Glamour Industry Pakistan needs to strike a balance between Fundamentalist fanatics and extreme liberals like Qandeel Baloch.

There was time when Pakistani produced "Dhoop Kinarey" and "Bakra kishton Mein" kind of plays were in great demand in India also. They must nurture and retain the talent and produce movies and plays which reflect Pakistani culture which need not be on Bollywood template.

But to achieve any success in Entertainment and Glamour Industry Pakistan needs to strike a balance between Fundamentalist fanatics and extreme liberals like Qandeel Baloch.
Qandeel Baloch was just model who got aous because of her silly videos she wasnt she was not an actress and our dramas tend to touch more taboo subjects your dramas only solidify social patterns where wife is suppose to be a good looking maid only

Qandeel Baloch was just model who got aous because of her silly videos she wasnt she was not an actress and our dramas tend to touch more taboo subjects your dramas only solidify social patterns where wife is suppose to be a good looking maid only

Other day I happened to watch a serial called " Bhabhi Ji Ghar per hai " where Sunny Leone was solidifying our social patterns :rolleyes1: ( Do check that out to remain updated about the low levels that our family dramas are going down to )

Anyways my only suggestion is that At least let characters like Qandeel live. Only then creativity can find space in the society.

You have to tread a middle path because you can't follow some Islamic societies which prohibits movies and music and you can't follow the openness of Hollywood and Bollywood. :pleasantry:

I think you are forgetting that Pakistani serials have set ratings record in India recently . Your celebs are going gaga over our serials .

http://indianexpress.com/article/en...-balan-in-love-with-pakistani-dramas-2778993/

Actress Vidya Balan went gaga over Pakistani dramas saying the “writing, production values, make-up and performances” of the shows are just par excellence.

She also lauded the work of female actors and for adding “grace” with a “realistic” touch to their performances.

The “Paa” actress took to Twitter on Saturday to share her views.
She posted: “I am liking my new habit of watching Zindagi channel in the mornings after my night shoots…’Kankar’ is ace. I am hooked to ‘Kankar’, ‘Mere Harjai’ and ‘Ek Mohabbat Ke Baad’…The writing, production values, make-up and performances are just par excellence.”

Vidya, busy with “TE3N” and “Kahaani 2”, added: “So nice to see good quality television! I particularly like the female actors…so beautiful and graceful…and their portrayals are extremely realistic.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/759156/kajol-i-wish-we-had-tv-dramas-like-in-pakistan/

My mother-in-law follows them religiously on this channel called Cine Dosti. I have managed to watch a few episodes with her and was really impressed. They have good content and the language is extremely pleasant to hear,” says Kajol. She feels that Indian television producers have a lot to learn from Pakistani dramas, which are much shorter and crisper in comparison. “They finish one story in 15 episodes, which is fabulous and makes it very interesting to watch.”

As far as working in a Pakistani film is concerned, Kajol is open to the idea if the project has a good script, tight screenplay and is headed by a good production house. But the actress wants to visit Pakistan and meet her fans, irrespective of an artistic collaboration. “It’s a beautiful country with a rich cultural heritage. I would love to visit the valleys in Pakistan which are known to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.”

honestly, I cant for the love of it understand why artists get dragged down into every Indo-Pak skirmish. Banning arts and entertainment is the worst thing any country can do to its people.

Let people decide what they want to watch or listen to. who the f*** is government to tell us what is best for us to watch on television or at the movies or whatever. Pakistan was also just as wrong to ban Indian movies from playing at the local theaters.

Look at US-Russia as an example. at the heart of the cold war and years preceeding it, there were tense relations between the two countries and still many Russian artist performed in Hollywood movies, American movies played in Russia. We've come to known some great Russian artists through Hollywood and great Russian movies that were shown in America. A lot of countries were able to keep their conflicts separate from the fields of arts and literature and somehow India and Pakistan cant. I just find it a bit backward and appalling.

I think you are forgetting that Pakistani serials have set ratings record in India recently . Your celebs are going gaga over our serials .

http://indianexpress.com/article/en...-balan-in-love-with-pakistani-dramas-2778993/

Actress Vidya Balan went gaga over Pakistani dramas saying the “writing, production values, make-up and performances” of the shows are just par excellence.

She also lauded the work of female actors and for adding “grace” with a “realistic” touch to their performances.

The “Paa” actress took to Twitter on Saturday to share her views.
She posted: “I am liking my new habit of watching Zindagi channel in the mornings after my night shoots…’Kankar’ is ace. I am hooked to ‘Kankar’, ‘Mere Harjai’ and ‘Ek Mohabbat Ke Baad’…The writing, production values, make-up and performances are just par excellence.”

Vidya, busy with “TE3N” and “Kahaani 2”, added: “So nice to see good quality television! I particularly like the female actors…so beautiful and graceful…and their portrayals are extremely realistic.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/759156/kajol-i-wish-we-had-tv-dramas-like-in-pakistan/

My mother-in-law follows them religiously on this channel called Cine Dosti. I have managed to watch a few episodes with her and was really impressed. They have good content and the language is extremely pleasant to hear,” says Kajol. She feels that Indian television producers have a lot to learn from Pakistani dramas, which are much shorter and crisper in comparison. “They finish one story in 15 episodes, which is fabulous and makes it very interesting to watch.”

As far as working in a Pakistani film is concerned, Kajol is open to the idea if the project has a good script, tight screenplay and is headed by a good production house. But the actress wants to visit Pakistan and meet her fans, irrespective of an artistic collaboration. “It’s a beautiful country with a rich cultural heritage. I would love to visit the valleys in Pakistan which are known to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.”

Now Indians who are hooked to Pakistani dramas have to watch it on net :cray:

Yes, Pakistani plays do get over in limited episodes and that is an advantage for scriptwriter whereas Indian soap operas follow American style and try to milk audience for their last penny. No doubt your dramas are much more gripping and appealing than the lengthy and usually boring Indian "saas bahu" dramas :tup:

Yes, Pakistani plays do get over in limited episodes and that is an advantage for scriptwriter whereas Indian soap operas follow American style and try to milk audience for their last penny. No doubt your dramas are much more gripping and appealing than the lengthy and usually boring Indian "saas bahu" dramas :tup:

Things that Indian serials need to do

- No more 200 episodes
- No naagin returning for 100th time type dramas
- less make up ( you are portraying a village girl why such heavy make up?)
- More outdoor and less indoor shooting to give it an authentic feeling
- Less saas bahu serials
- No overacting

I would advise you to watch Udaari (based on child abuse ) , diyar -e-dil or Zindage gulzar hai ( set ratings record in India because of Fawad Khan) if you have time to spare .

Other day I happened to watch a serial called " Bhabhi Ji Ghar per hai " where Sunny Leone was solidifying our social patterns :rolleyes1: ( Do check that out to remain updated about the low levels that our family dramas are going down to )

Anyways my only suggestion is that At least let characters like Qandeel live. Only then creativity can find space in the society.

You have to tread a middle path because you can't follow some Islamic societies which prohibits movies and music and you can't follow the openness of Hollywood and Bollywood. :pleasantry:
Well she shouldve known its not smart to be around drug addicts and i am aware what is and everything she did already had been done by others before her except for stupid statements

I have see a lot of Indians commenting on Hum tv,s youtube channel so yeah some are hooked :D

Then i guess this film was shot in outer space

Unite honay walon pe lakh d laanat. ye mirasi doom na pakistan k na india k. Aaaakhhhh thoooo!!!

Back
Top Bottom