What's new

Pakistan among top countries for offshore outsourcing: Gartner

all the best neo for your ambitious words:tup:but it is not only about speaking english ,software maturity,ability of companies to tackle tricky situations also comes into play ,your government has to do a lot more in terms of infrastructure,security,communication,dedicated it research and education like we do in india......you must not only invite fdi but also encourage home companies to create globaly competitive IT industry.........your local industry may help you in the longterm even in defence because future are not heavily dependant on stealth or firepower but on information sharing and collecting abilities:cool:

That would be really great if Pakistan starts developing its IT and other industries, it will bring greater stability in this region and reduce hard liner.

So in any manner a developing industry in Pakistan is always helpful for India and whole region.

Currently I am in UK (on an assignment) and my experience is really bad for perception of Pakistan in people's mind here, I do not think companies will be ready to business in this environment with Pakistan in area's where data security and trust in business should be at highest level. In US the perception is worst than Europe. Hope demorcating government can do some thing on this.

Second, I would like to add some changing concept of outsourcing. Though, outsourcing and offshoring of IT started in India with biggest focus on cost cutting around 20-25 years back. From last 5 to 7 years Indian outsourcing is moving towards not only to help in cost cutting of companies but giving massing edge to react to market faster than ever. The result, Indian companies started making multimillion $ contracts with companies with multiyear projects. Also companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro have increased their presence in IT consulting and then companies like Infosys, iflex (now oracle) where able to produce top selling large banking products. Almost all top companies across the world having some kind of R&D setup in India which is simply a great sign.

Now Indian IT outsourcing is moving towards strategic outsourcing and partnership, though I agree lot of things has to be done. I agree countries who can give an environment for business can still win contracts where companies looking outsourcing mainly cost cutting in mind they can outsource non strategic work.

As the Indian IT professionals demand higher salaries, the momentum is definitley shifting towards Pakistan

Who said salary is the base line for productivity? Indian IT industry has matured over the years resulting in increased process efficiency, thus cutting on cost. How do you think we managed global melt down and dollar depreciation.

We have pretty much the same things to offer as India in terms of the IT industry. English speakers, large labor force, government tax incentives etc.

SS it is much more than what you think, all the above you mentioned can be only helpful in setting up call centres and BPO's. For large scale IT development, support, architecture and design capabilities like Infosys, TCS, CTS etc you need to produce a large number of engineering graduates en masse, my home state alone produces 70000 engineers anually and yet still the IT industry is complaining. Untill you can match numbers with Indian in this regard, forget competing with or creating the next Infy. Your nation needs to encourage a lot of local private investment in engineering colleges.

Cheers
IPF

Back
Top Bottom