What's new

Pakistan Air Force builds for the future

Your F16 uses American engine
As great as F-16s have been for us, they came with strings attached. We are not allowed to integrate our weapon systems on it. We can't do anything on our F-16s without US permission. Which is why platforms that come with such restrictions will not be bought again since alternatives are available to us.

As great as F-16s have been for us, they came with strings attached. We are not allowed to integrate our weapon systems on it. We can't do anything on our F-16s without US permission. Which is why platforms that come with such restrictions will not be bought again since alternatives are available to us.

Of course we need LM permission if we want to upgrade their made in fighter. Every body also do the same, unless you make your own plane like your JV with China.

Of course we need LM permission if we want to upgrade their made in fighter. Every body also do the same, unless you make your own plane like your JV with China.
Which why is Pakistan will never be able to join TFX platform. Look at the ATAK saga, everything was done and then US doesn't allow Turkey to export their ATAK since it uses American engine. It was clearly stated by PAF that project AZM will be ITAR(International Traffic in Arms Regulations) free.

Which why is Pakistan will never be able to join TFX platform. Look at the ATAK saga, everything was done and then US doesn't allow Turkey to export their ATAK since it uses American engine. It was clearly stated by PAF that project AZM will be ITAR(International Traffic in Arms Regulations) free.
I am sorry to be going off topic. But the ATAK saga has been a serious jolt to turkey and a stark reminder that without independence in key strategic areas there is no reprieve from western and even outside pressure.The world will never allow another competitor to emerge to shake the stranglehold that the aviation mafia has over procurement. I suspect they will not go down the US way but try and make an indigenous effort as they are with the T129 engine. When they are successful is a question which will determine how and which way PAF leans.
This remains my view.
A

I am sorry to be going off topic. But the ATAK saga has been a serious jolt to turkey and a stark reminder that without independence in key strategic areas there is no reprieve from western and even outside pressure.The world will never allow another competitor to emerge to shake the stranglehold that the aviation mafia has over procurement. I suspect they will not go down the US way but try and make an indigenous effort as they are with the T129 engine. When they are successful is a question which will determine how and which way PAF leans.
This remains my view.
A
Indigenous engine for ATAK is possible for Turkey to make but they won't be able to make a fighter engine that isn't outdated before 2050. If they go with American or Japanese engine there is 100% chance that PAF will reject TFX, with EJ-200 there is still a slight chance.

Indigenous engine for ATAK is possible for Turkey to make but they won't be able to make a fighter engine that isn't outdated before 2050. If they go with American or Japanese engine there is 100% chance that PAF will reject TFX, with EJ-200 there is still a slight chance.
I am told helicopter engines are more complex than fighter jet engines.
The point however is that Turkey has been bitten badly once. It should not be reliant on a system which bites off competition. So it is imperative for Turkey to make strides in f8ghter jet engines in order to succeed. I remain doubtful that like PAC/PAF it will not have the economy of scale to manufacture engines for its own use alone. Any subassembly will always keep it reliant on the main provider buton its own it cannot build a cost effective engine project. So it will need partners to procure its engines/aircrafts.
A

Back
Top Bottom