What's new

Pakistan Afghanistan border management & Fencing - June 20, 2017 .

Pakistan Ka Beta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Rawalpindi - June 20, 2017
No PR-312/2017-ISPR

Measures to improve security situation along the Pak-Afg border continue. In line with the directions of COAS, phased fencing of entire Pak-Afg border has commenced. In phase 1, high infiltration prone border areas in Bajaur, Mohmand and Khyber Agencies are being fenced. In phase 2 fencing of remaining border areas including Baluchistan will be executed. Besides fencing, Pakistan Army and FC KP are constructing new Forts / Border Posts to improve surveillance and defensibility. A secure Pak-Afg border is in common interest of both countries and a well coordinated border security mechanism is essential for enduring peace and stability.
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
Pakistan fencing border with Afghanistan- BBCURDU

Oct 20, 2017

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) inaugurated work on border fencing along the Balochistan portion of Pak-Afghan border at Panjpai.
Rawalpindi - May 08, 2018
No PR-166/2018-ISPR

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) inaugurated work on border fencing along the Balochistan portion of Pak-Afghan border at Panjpai. Chief Minister Balochistan Abdul Qadoos Bazinjo and interior minister Sarfraz Bugti were also present on the occasion. Interacting with the tribal leaders and locals at the occasion, COAS thanked them for their full support and cooperation in fencing as well as their participation in maintaining security situation. He said that the fencing will check cross border movement of terrorists. However special arrangements have been made to facilitate bilateral economic activity and legal movement in any way or form through designated crossing points. CM Balochistan thanked Pakistan Army and FC for working hand in glove with the provincial govt to achieve a common vision of shining Balochistan.
At Quetta COAS did earth breaking Ceremony of NUST Quetta Campus. With an estimated cost of Rs 2.63 Bn, the campus spans over 30 acres and will house 550 students. Besides usual disciplines, it will also have fields pandering to specific requirements of Balochistan such as mining, water resource engineering etc.
Later COAS also inaugurated the Quetta Safe City Project which was held up for the last five years. It will cost 2.28 Bn Rupees. Upon completion, it will result in quick incremental betterment in law and order situation and make Quetta more safe and secure.
COAS also interacted with youth from various universities of Quetta. He said that army will wholeheartedly support the government in bringing a revolution in services, particularly in fields of education, health, electricity, water and infrastructure. He said that our aim is to ensure that Balochistan does not have to rely on any quota or special arrangement, rather, people have same level of life as they can in any other part of the country. He said that Pakistan has rejected terrorism and has achieved better peace after great sacrifices by Armed Forces backed by the whole Nation . Some elements are trying to influence the minds of our youth at this stage to create anarchy and dissatisfaction in the society. Pakistan Army will ensure the defence of the motherland in discharge of our constitutional duties. It is for every one to ensure that they abide by law of the land and remain within the bounds of constitution. He asked the youth to take Pakistan forward through devotion, hardwork and character.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
Pakistan building massive fence on Afghanistan border

Oct 19, 2017

15th December 2018
Work on forts & fence continues on Pak-Afg Bdr. Total length 2611 KM. Work on 233 of 843 forts & 802 of 1200 KM pri 1 areas completed.Aiming speedy completion in pri 1 areas,overall completion by Dec 2019 IA.Shall benefit peaceful people of Pak & Afg while restricting terrorists.

PAK-Afghan Border Fencing 2019 | Pak-Afghan Border Management 2019

Mar 7, 2019

Pakistan: Fencing Durand Line | Indus News

Jul 3, 2019

Fort 2017.jpg

Fort.jpg

Khalid Fort April 2017.jpg

Manpad.jpg

FORT FC ( CM KPK ).jpg

Pakistan Afghan Border tribute.jpg

Forts.jpg

Fort 2019.jpg

((( I would request Sir @waz @The Eagle @Foxtrot Alpha @PDF to keep this Thread sticky as we have no dedicated Thread to this topic while today 4 years completed of announcement of this very Important Project & situation in Afghanistan is getting worse so we may here Afghanistan Pakistan border management or border region more often now )))

Last edited:
IMG-20210624-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20210624-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20210624-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20210624-WA0014.jpg

Fencing along Pak-Afghan Border.

So here we go…👍👊🇵🇰

1. Pakistan shares border of approx 2640 Kms with Afghanistan. However, fence able terrain is almost 2300 Kms i.e. Excluding River beds, stoney ridges, loose earth etc.

2. Pak Army had to fencing

on varied geographical zones and heights ranging from snow clad peaks of 24k feet to heights as low as 2k feet above sea level.

3. Pak-Afghan border has always been used for illegal trade and cross border terrorism through approx 80 formal/ informal routes.

4. A need was felt by Civil and Military leadership to fence Pak-Afghan border to prevent unchecked to and fro movement of terrorists and to take measures to ensure effective border management at limited crossing places.

5. A cumbersome plan was devised to cater for above
mentioned threat. A combination of Fence and Forts along border was put in place. It was at best an imagination at the time of decision. However, today this imagination has become a reality with almost 2300 km of fence and 600 forts completed.

6. Fence along the entire length has been enforced with Thermal Cameras, Surveillance radars, PTZ cameras, ground and seismic sensors and solar lights.
I am not going to talk about the cost since I was not provided with the cost. But it for everyone to imagine.

7. Coming over to the fence now.
It’s a double strand fence design. It includes :-
- Poles of 10.5 ft on Afghan side
- Poles of 9 ft on own side
- Wire mesh on both sides
- 5 strands of Razor Wire between both side of poles
- Razor wire coils on top of home and far side .

8. Various design came under discussion came under discussion but the above mentioned designed was finalised. Replica of fence to put things into perspective is shown here. This design has been implemented and is presently laid all along the border.

9. It may sound very simple but let me just highlight the process behind all this. All parts that are used in the fence are being made in Pakistan. Multiple facilities have been established in KP and Baluchistan to ensure timely availability of store for fencing.

10. Transportation of fencing store from manufacturing facility to all along the border was another cumbersome task. Just to give an idea ; approx 25-30000 trucks were used. Yes u heard it right 25-30000 trucks for transportation of this store.

These 4 pics are hardly 1km of fencing store. That too just 3 main items.

11. A total of 14 different items are used in the fence. Few I have mentioned, few I have not. But not only trucks but 1000s of mules and a lot many humans picked this store from one place to another.

12. Will try to upload a couple of videos of fence to give you an idea about the kind of terrain we r talking about here. Keep in mind the design and then think about how hard it might have been. And these are places where trucks can’t reach due to poor roads n heights.

13. If u think this sounds n look difficult, then take a look at this and imagine the effort that might have gone into this. This is where u can’t breathe easily and we have managed to fence this even.

14. This fence has not only secured the border from illegal trade, but also has played a major role in curbing terrorism and has almost stopped pilferage of arms, ammunition and explosive into Pakistan. Present situation is in front of us Alhamdulillah. 🕋

15. In the end I would just like to pay contribute to the efforts of Government, Army, Civil contractors, Soldiers & everyone who has played a part in this massive massive marvel.
The lives lost and people who got injured during this fencing deserve utmost respect.
👊🇵🇰👍🌹🤲🕋

View attachment 755999View attachment 756000View attachment 756001View attachment 756002

So here we go…👍👊🇵🇰

1. Pakistan shares border of approx 2640 Kms with Afghanistan. However, fence able terrain is almost 2300 Kms i.e. Excluding River beds, stoney ridges, loose earth etc.

on varied geographical zones and heights ranging from snow clad peaks of 24k feet to heights as low as 2k feet above sea level.

3. Pak-Afghan border has always been used for illegal trade and cross border terrorism through approx 80 formal/ informal routes.

4. A need was felt by Civil and Military leadership to fence Pak-Afghan border to prevent unchecked to and fro movement of terrorists and to take measures to ensure effective border management at limited crossing places.

mentioned threat. A combination of Fence and Forts along border was put in place. It was at best an imagination at the time of decision. However, today this imagination has become a reality with almost 2300 km of fence and 600 forts completed.

6. Fence along the entire length has been enforced with Thermal Cameras, Surveillance radars, PTZ cameras, ground and seismic sensors and solar lights.
I am not going to talk about the cost since I was not provided with the cost. But it for everyone to imagine.

8. Various design came under discussion came under discussion but the above mentioned designed was finalised. Replica of fence to put things into perspective is shown here. This design has been implemented and is presently laid all along the border.

9. It may sound very simple but let me just highlight the process behind all this. All parts that are used in the fence are being made in Pakistan. Multiple facilities have been established in KP and Baluchistan to ensure timely availability of store for fencing.

10. Transportation of fencing store from manufacturing facility to all along the border was another cumbersome task. Just to give an idea ; approx 25-30000 trucks were used. Yes u heard it right 25-30000 trucks for transportation of this store.

11. A total of 14 different items are used in the fence. Few I have mentioned, few I have not. But not only trucks but 1000s of mules and a lot many humans picked this store from one place to another.

12. Will try to upload a couple of videos of fence to give you an idea about the kind of terrain we r talking about here. Keep in mind the design and then think about how hard it might have been. And these are places where trucks can’t reach due to poor roads n heights.

13. If u think this sounds n look difficult, then take a look at this and imagine the effort that might have gone into this. This is where u can’t breathe easily and we have managed to fence this even.

14. This fence has not only secured the border from illegal trade, but also has played a major role in curbing terrorism and has almost stopped pilferage of arms, ammunition and explosive into Pakistan. Present situation is in front of us Alhamdulillah. 🕋

15. In the end I would just like to pay contribute to the efforts of Government, Army, Civil contractors, Soldiers & everyone who has played a part in this massive massive marvel.
The lives lost and people who got injured during this fencing deserve utmost respect.
👊🇵🇰👍🌹🤲🕋
Is only fence n surveillance with forts are enough to stop cross border terrorism? Do we need mine n electrified the wires? What about drones surveillance or gas balloons for 24 hour monitoring/? Needs mrcp vehicle locally made

View attachment 755999View attachment 756000View attachment 756001View attachment 756002

So here we go…👍👊🇵🇰

👊🇵🇰👍🌹🤲🕋
Is the border mined?

A great achievement from Pak....

And, what a coincidence with the impending Taliban victory! The loops are being closed for the anti-Pak elements from all sides. Not a single drop of water for them....

As for the Afghans, give Biat to the Taliban, or die....

Pak’s redemption lies in the perdition of the NDS/RAW/TTP/BLA etc. inside Afganistan....

So here we go…👍👊🇵🇰

👊🇵🇰👍🌹🤲🕋

A couple of Qs:

1. Fencing which has been cut down by miscreants, will that be restored and how will this be prevented in the future?

2. Border areas which are TTP/NDS/R&AW hotspots, what has been the policy there?

@waz Please could we keep this highlighted as an important thread to discuss?
its sticky now in internal security . Thanks to management of the forum .
A couple of Qs:

1. Fencing which has been cut down by miscreants, will that be restored and how will this be prevented in the future?

2. Border areas which are TTP/NDS/R&AW hotspots, what has been the policy there?
as far as point number 1 >>> of course repair and construction works will be carried out from time to time . don't worry .

You should post about Pak-iran border fence in this thread. Its 46% completed now as per Sheikh Rasheed.

So here we go…👍👊🇵🇰

👊🇵🇰👍🌹🤲🕋
Is only fence n surveillance with forts are enough to stop cross border terrorism? Do we need mine n electrified the wires? What about drones surveillance or gas balloons for 24 hour monitoring/? Needs mrcp vehicle locally made
@waz Please could we keep this highlighted as an important thread to discuss?
Is this fake?
Nein, Its from a special report by nasim zehra on the afghan border. some years ago.
A great achievement from Pak....

And, what a coincidence with the impending Taliban victory! The loops are being closed for the anti-Pak elements from all sides. Not a single drop of water for them....

As for the Afghans, give Biat to the Taliban, or die....

Pak’s redemption lies in the perdition of the NDS/RAW/TTP/BLA etc. inside Afganistan....
A couple of Qs:

You should post about Pak-iran border fence in this thread. Its 46% completed now as per Sheikh Rasheed.

Pak-Afghan Border | Pakistan Tonight Special with Sammar Abbas | 18 July 2021 | Hum News

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom