Will specially qoute @NOBODY here.

@Moula Jutt
@Mirzali Khan
@Great Janjua
@SQ_8
@ziaulislam @Bleek @AlKardai

Bas ahi bande zen ch a rae

The title is misleading, esp. for those who cannot read Urdu

As per the article, It was Ataullah Mengal (a Baloch Ethno-fascist and a staunch opponent of Pakistan and Pakistan ideology) who said that Pakistan is nothing but a "greater Punjab project"... The whole article refutes this claim, but it's in Urdu.

@Maula Jatt

ok, internal matters but a not about capturing the jlahandar and amritsar...

then, its ok
Title is misleading. 👇 The rest is too long. I'd make write a summary for you when I get around ot reading the whole thing.

The title is misleading, esp. for those who cannot read Urdu

As per the article, It was Ataullah Mengal (a Baloch Ethno-fascist and a staunch opponent of Pakistan and Pakistan ideology) who said that Pakistan is nothing but a "greater Punjab project"... The whole article refutes this claim, but it's in Urdu.

مجھے تو اس میں کچھ غلط نظر نہیں آیا یہ ایک معروضی حقیقت بیان کی گئی ہے۔ ہالانکہ میں پنجابی نہیں ہوں پر یہ ایک تاریخی حقیقت لکھی ہوئی تحریر ہے

I uhh.......can't understand that much urdu.
Can someone please translate or give an overview?
ok, internal matters but a not about capturing the jlahandar and amritsar...

then, its ok
Urdu comprehension does a good job of separating wheat from chaff.
jk :D

@Areesh , French, my ***. Urdu be one of the most sophisticated languages ever. No cap.

مجھ تو اس میں کچھ غلط نظر نہیں آیا یہ ایک معروضی حقیقت بیان کی گئی ہے
Haan lekin mazloom minorities ke shattay taart ho jaen ge parh ke. That is, if they can read Urdu and not just their little regional languages

I uhh.......can't understand that much urdu.
Can someone please translate or give an overview?
Ok let me write down summary here:

The bloodshed during the partition of Punjab significantly changed the psychology of punjabians.They thought that they have been killed for their love with Pakistan.This killing only brought more love for Pakistan in their hearts (human nature you know) .But This love soon started crossing its limits to the extent that Punjabi identity was somewhat overshadowed with the Pakistani identity.

"Learn Urdu,Write Urdu and Speak Urdu" ideology came into play to enhance their Pakistani Identity.

This Pakistani identity created for them huge space in Army, Beurocracy and other state institutions.

But this Pakistaniat caused two huge problems:
1-Punjabion ne sirf Punjab ko hi Pakistan samjna lia

2-Other Ethnic groups started to think of Pakistan as just a Greater Punjab Project that should be stopped at any cost.
Letter written by Atta Ullah Mangal (A sardar of Balochistan) to Khan Abdul Wali Khan
" Wali ! Muj se azadi jaise muqadas naam ki qasam le lo
Jis ko "Pakistan" kaha ja raha hai wo "Greater Punjab" k siwa kuch b nahi "
The rest revolves around these too points

I my opinion:
For Pakistan to be a stable state, Punjabi identity needs to be revived again ofcourse balance must be kept b/w Punjabi nationalism and Pakistani Nationalism.
Otherwise aik din Pakistan sirf Punjab tak hi mehdood reh jae ga.
@Maula Jatt

Last edited:
Ok let me write down summary here:

The bloodshed during the partition of Punjab significantly changed the psychology of punjabians.They thought that they have been killed for their love with Pakistan.This killing only brought more love for Pakistan in their hearts (human nature you know) .But This love soon started crossing its limits to the extent that Punjabi identity was somewhat overshadowed with the Pakistani identity.

"Learn Urdu,Write Urdu and Speak Urdu" ideology came into play to enhance their Pakistani Identity.

This Pakistani identity created for them huge space in Army, Beurocracy and other state institutions.

But this Pakistaniat caused two huge problems:
1-Punjabion ne sirf Punjab ko hi Pakistan samjna lia

2-Other Ethnic groups started to think of Pakistan as just a Greater Punjab Project that should be stopped at any cost.
Letter written by Atta Ullah Mangal (A sardar of Balochistan) to Khan Abdul Wali Khan
" Wali ! Muj se azadi jaise muqadas naam ki qasam le lo
Jis ko "Pakistan" kaha ja raha hai wo "Greater Punjab" k siwa kuch b nahi "
The rest revolves around these too points

I my opinion:
For Pakistan to be a stable state, Punjabi identity needs to be revived again ofcourse balance must be kept b/w Punjabi nationalism and Pakistani Nationalism.
Otherwise aik din Pakistan sirf Punjab tak hi mehdood reh jae ga.
@Maula Jatt
But isn't this exactly the issue that plagues the country?
The state is split along ethnic faultlines. Tipping one way or another to reduce specific identities to subservience can cause a bigger problem. Uniting Pakistan under a Pakistani Identity rather than a Punjabi one is the way forward. The usage of a national language such as urdu is paramount however and must be retained, even if people say that it is a sign of Punjabi hegemony.

I read the first two pages... and I agree

I often say to people that Punjab is often blamed for unnecessary things that it did not commit. It is probably the most "giving" province in Pakistan where not only they gave share of its NFC awards but overall it helps other provinves more than anyone else. Other provinces still blame Punjab because that's what politics is all about

When you hear the story of underprivileged Balochistan from Baloch politicians, they often blame Punjab saying look at how progressive they are and look at us blah blah.

But the reality is I read somewhere that in Lahore alone their were about 4000 gardens in the 16th century, 400 years prior to the formation of Pakistan. The five rivers of Punjab were cultivating agricultural land for centuries and some of the top colleges and universities were built in Punjab during the British empire and they are still the best educational institutions of Pakistan. Morever, the railway network was spread all over Punjab and it was close to non-existing in Balochistan and many other parts of Pakistan. The average life of a Punjabi was far better before the partition compared to an average Balochi or Sindhi due to various reasons and some of them mentioned above. Punjab was still the elitist class from whole of India and the biggest source of military, agriculture and providing state leadership.

The bottom line is, I am not against anyone but the hard reality is Punjab was always ahead of other provinces in most area before the partition and I know few resources such as the natural gas was provided in Punjab before other provinces does not negate the fact that Punjab is often criticised unfairly and not on the merit

No offence please. It is my personal view and I respect every human equally not only rhe Pakistanis

This, all of this is 100% true. I mean we left our ancestral homes, lost almost everything, lost family (my great grandmother for instance was martyred by Sikhs in Jallandhar while reciting the Quran. My dada kept that blood splattered Quran with him all his life.).
Us Punjabis especially the highly educated east Punjabis migrants from Jallandhar, Amritsar etc subsumed ourselves into this new state called Pakistan only to be blamed by others for their own failings. Not only this, the different dialects of Punjabi were subverted & began to be touted as new languages instigated by other ethnicities, eg Siraiki where the Siraiki language movement started in the 1970s & was started by a Sindhi (do some research before mouthing off please). Same for pahari & pothowari accents so much so that recently that such hacks have also started to call central Punjab's Jangli accents a seperate language from Punjabi.
What is needed now is for us to divorce our Pakistani identity from our Punjabi identity. This is for the good of both the country & the ethnicity.

Back
Top Bottom