What's new

Pak will not use N-weapons first against India: Zardari

Goodperson

Reaction score
This is significant shift from Pakistans earlier postion

Pak will not use N-weapons first against India: Zardari
22 Nov 2008, 1902 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on Saturday declared that his country will not be the first to use nuclear weapons against India and would work towards opening trade, besides underscoring that Kashmir belonged to the Kashmiri people.

He also said that Pakistan does not feel threatened by India and New Delhi should also not feel threatened by Islamabad.

Addressing a conference in Delhi via satellite, Zardari said that he was against nuclear warfare altogether.

"We do not hope to even get to that position when we have to use (nuclear weapons)," he said and proposed a South Asia free of nuclear weapons.

Seeking to reach out to people across the border, he recalled his late wife Benazir Bhutto's lines -- "there is little of Indian in every Pakistani and a little of Pakistani in every Indian."

Zardari also favoured India and Pakistan rising as an "economic block" like greater Europe.

Pak will not use N-weapons first against India: Zardari-Pakistan-World-The Times of India

I like the overture but it's really hard to take the PM seriously seeing that our whole doctrine is based on avoiding a conventional war even a limited one with India.

is zardari in control of nukes anyway.....?
and is he is in position to speak for entire pakistan and its policy.........?
what if kiyani doesnt agree with this new approach.......?

It doesn't really matter what he has to say. The decision to attack India will be taken by a General.

infact......I think, zardari wants to play a role of a statesman in this region thus consolidating his position in his country......

perhaps, he hopes that if the international community see him as a positive influence in this region then he might be immune to the fate of nawaz shariff............

Irrespective of his statement on Nukes - I like the fact that he talks peace

Talk is all you get from Pakistani politicans, it is best the Indians dont get their hopes too high.

The dude is out of his mind! first of all ,second no he is not in control of the nukes but iam sure as pres has some say about, third i dont belive south asia or the world would be nuke free ! , forth and formost yes i am all for peace with India and with trade and follwed by everything else that two neighbors can have in a friendly manner ! WE NEED TO STOP THE BLOOD SHED FOR GOD"S sake stop it already and lets live in peace for once.

Last edited:
In Daily briefing of the President Zandari is eminent danger/enemy is within, why purposely create another one. Focus on one to solves is better then two. I for one think that he is taking the right step to change the perceptions of the people of Pakistan, and striving for better path for Pakistan.

Last edited:
does he have any alternative.......? :cheesy:

u mean india pressurizes us!!, wake up from a deep sleep and bright dreams man!!!, u r not even close to controlling the region "south asia", lets see whts happens with ur missiles when they fly in the tym of war :lol::lol::lol:(god prevents)

phuuuus phuuuus, saab ki phuuus ho jaaye ge:lol::lol:

if india dominates, why its so desparate to send troops in afghanistan??

u mean india pressurizes us!!, wake up from a deep sleep and bright dreams man!!!, u r not even close to controlling the region "south asia", lets see whts happens with ur missiles when they fly in the tym of war :lol::lol::lol:(god prevents)

phuuuus phuuuus, saab ki phuuus ho jaaye ge:lol::lol:

if india dominates, why its so desparate to send troops in afghanistan??

arey yaar........when did I say that zardari is saying these things out of fear.....
and when did I say that india is dominating SA........
you drew your own conclusions and then started making fun of yourself(phus)....

what I meant to say was that zardari wants to mend relations with india so that he can concentrate on more pressing issues like terrorism, poor economy and US in FATA.........

also......pak urgently needs financial help from US and big countries.......for that he has to sing the tunes of peace not war.......
he wont be getting any penny......if he cries nukes........especially from US........

he cannot speak for entire pakistan. no one wants a looter president like him
the nukes will be used as last option

This *insert bad word* cant keep his mouth shut for 5 bloody days.:hitwall:

To me it seems like he's desperate to win support of foreign leaders and media to gain some respect. I'd say let him talk as long as it benefits Pakistan and reflects modest indea's and soft image.

We all know how vulnerable a president is in Pakistan, if it comes to another war with India it will be military taking the shots, not him. ;)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom