What's new

Pak-US divers recover valuable Pak Navy asset from seabed

Good job Pakistan Navy and US Navy. Now, my only question is: Why didn't Pakistan ask the Chinese Navy to help them? Isn't China the "best" friend?

is a million dollar question bro....:cheesy::woot:
maybe PN wanted to learn something from US navy..:coffee:

It could be an American made item which would require Pakistan to contact the US in its recovery as it normally is a clause in any technological transfer whereby teh US will contract that any malfunction or service of its equipment is done by its own Military so as to prevent technology from falling into the wrong hands.

IF that is the case, and a valuable item, in on the seabed, and Pakistan Military cannot take it out then the natural course of action is to invite the US and not China.

Nonetheless, speculating as no one here knows what the item is

Good job Pakistan Navy and US Navy. Now, my only question is: Why didn't Pakistan ask the Chinese Navy to help them? Isn't China the "best" friend?

well thats because if u care to use ur mind a little then u will know that US is sitting just couple of miles away! and china is at the other end of the universe!!!
what kind of question was that??:disagree:

now back to topic!
it could be sonobuoy....carrying valuable info...(my guess)

It must be one of those Submarine finding devices (Sonobouys or something)

Well, There Is No Other Opinion That China Is Pakistan's Best Friend But, What I Think Is That Pakistan Has Taken US Help Because Pakistani And US Armed Forces Are Doing Operations Together And American Bases Are Already In Pakistan. So That Could Be The Reason.

PN may have been testing new sonar's on one of its ships and it may have dropped the essential detector that goes under the hull! Since the product was offered from the USA, they called in the USN to retrieve it using their deep-sea RPV's! If they would have invited the Chinese Navy, they would have retrieved it easily but then 'finders keepers' would have been a problem with the US!!!

I would guess the item is one of two things:

1) Something that might explode; a mine, a missile, a torpedo, somehow ended up in the water. You cannot leave explosives in the water, as they present a hazard in the future.

2) Something technically sensitive, which is why the "item" was not described.

Most sport divers in normal gear go to maybe 120 feet max, and prefer to keep it at 90 feet or less. Anything below 100 feet, and you risk nitrogen narcosis and decompression sickness.

200 feet is what is called "technical" diving and is for professionals only. They use special mixed gases, and must follow procedures exactly or they can get the bends. You can't just toss a few SCUBA divers overboard to tie a cable to it.

I would guess the item is one of two things:

1) Something that might explode; a mine, a missile, a torpedo, somehow ended up in the water. You cannot leave explosives in the water, as they present a hazard in the future.

2) Something technically sensitive, which is why the "item" was not described.

Most sport divers in normal gear go to maybe 120 feet max, and prefer to keep it at 90 feet or less. Anything below 100 feet, and you risk nitrogen narcosis and decompression sickness.

200 feet is what is called "technical" diving and is for professionals only. They use special mixed gases, and must follow procedures exactly or they can get the bends. You can't just toss a few SCUBA divers overboard to tie a cable to it.

point 1 most likely!

Back
Top Bottom