What's new

Pak to import 1100MW of electricity from Iran

ameer219

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pak to import 1100MW of electricity from Iran

Pakistan will import 1100 megawatts of electricity from Iran. The initial work on two projects has already begun. According to sources, the feasibility report of the project would be completed in the current month. 700 kilometers long transmission line would be installed which would cost 500 million dollar. The project is expected to be completed within five years. Another 100 MW of electricity would be imported to Gawadar. The second project would cost 3.1 million dollars. This project would be completed by the end of 2012.

Pak to import 1100MW of electricity from Iran | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Load shedding will reduce soon!

i hope so but any project with iran is sketchy and its prone to falling apart depending on Pakistan's FP

it will definitely do alot good to relations of both countries!!!

With the completion of 2 atomic power plants with China in 2-3 years together with arrival of gas for turbine powered electricity production projects , and then attainment of 1100 MW electricty will push paskistan into right direction

Hi
It's about time the Government of Pakistan has taken a good step in the right direction.

We have enough resource to make anything especially electricity do you have any idea about how much Iran will charge for this electricity we have 70% of population who even cant afford 2000 Rs per month bill of electricity/Gas etc. Our leaders are idiot and moneylover. Why we always dependent ourself on USA China Saudia and now iran ??? we have biggest reserve of coal/Gold/Gas/petrol (people dont have much idea about this but i have info about Petrol reserve because my relatives working in such petroliumand Gas forign company who have plant in PAkistan as well). We have enough coal reserve to make CHEAP electricity.

Pakistan Zindabad
Now

Pakistan say zinda-baag

We have enough resource to make anything especially electricity do you have any idea about how much Iran will charge for this electricity we have 70% of population who even cant afford 2000 Rs per month bill of electricity/Gas etc. Our leaders are idiot and moneylover. Why we always dependent ourself on USA China Saudia and now iran ??? we have biggest reserve of coal/Gold/Gas/petrol (people dont have much idea about this but i have info about Petrol reserve because my relatives working in such petroliumand Gas forign company who have plant in PAkistan as well). We have enough coal reserve to make CHEAP electricity.

Pakistan Zindabad
Now

Pakistan say zinda-baag

I thought it was reported to be between 6-8 cents, suposedly cheaper than RPPs? And plus, its meant to power Balochistan by 2015 and 2012 for Gwadar.

Thermal power plants i.e. Use of coal is most efficient source of electricity. .still coal is providing major part of electricity production in the world

Pakistan Zindabad
Now

Pakistan say zinda-baag

Electricity from Iran is even cheaper then IPPs. Pakistan Zindabad :D

Is this a cheap method for us?

Its actually quite affordable compared to RPPs(Rental Powerplants). Furthermore, it will be helpful in powering up Balochistan area. Thus I see a future for our energy developments

You don't need to import fuel for producing electricity like in case of IPPs. Pakistan will get electricity on fix rate what ever be the oil price in market would be.

It depends on how IRAN produces Electricity..if its thru fossil fuels, then maybe they will put some conditions in the deal.. w r t int prices..in any way it will be costly.

i hope so but any project with iran is sketchy and its prone to falling apart depending on Pakistan's FP

Zero sum way of looking at it. The chances of these projects falling apart diminishes as the number of such projects increases. Co-dependence between Iran and Pakistan is a good thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom