What's new

Pak Student refuses award by US Ambassador

^^^the US ambassador has claimed that samad khurram has not refused the scholarship but just protested the unfortunate incident in FATA.

I thought thats what he did, but a lot of people were saying he rejected the scholarship entirely.

I am glad he did not refuse the scholarship, rather only the award. The symbolism of both would have been almost identical, so might as well have your cake and eat it too!

I also applaud his courage

But will the Pak goivt do anything for him? No.

He closed his options for an ungrateful nation and govt.

Do let me know what has been done for him.

Have you al done a damn for him apart from this useless cheerng in this sole forum?

What is so great bout telling him he is great?

Have you all done anything constructive?

He did what he deemed right without thinking for personal gains.

He did know what it would mean for his future.

And who are you to call Pakistani Nation as ungrateful nation????

The slap is enough even if he didnt refuse scholarship.

And if guys any of you have watched when how he just bypassed the US envoy, it was realy realy a sound silent slap

Paksitan should honour this boy who has ruined his life for the nation.

Has it done so?

Have you done anything for him apart from writing these posts which has no meaning for his future and are totally useless?

Jana, it is time to learn to put your money where your mouth is!

Don't ride the back of others to glory.

Do something worthwhile instead!

And quit being so prim, smug and sanctimonious when you have feet of clay!

The boy was not a stupid yokel. He refused the award and yet he took the scholarship! He had the best of both sides. Clever chap!

Now one has to see the effect of the boy's ''slap'' when he touches the shores of the US!

HE has not ruined his life.

He never turned down the scholarship. Harvard University had nothing to do with the attack, I'm sure most American people wouldn't want to kill innocent Pakistanis either. However when it came to the American government, who ordered the intentional killing of Pakistanis and one of its representatives were there to award Samad, he said no thank you ma'am...

I don't think his life is ruined. He is still going to Harvard.

Now one has to see the effect of the boy's ''slap'' when he touches the shores of the US!
That is true.

However, there is not much they can do legally. Maybe put him through a big round of questioning, for which he would be a prime candidate given his age and visa status.

What have YOU done for him?

Does your silly posts help him in any way?

Why are you running away, my patriotic Pakistani?

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A total fraud!

Jana writes so much about Pakaitan and yet can do nothing for this boy.

Sham patriotism!

Jana only is good at yellow journalism and nothing more!

It is a damn shame she can do nothing to this boy who has put his whole life in line fr his country.

It is of no use to waste time here on the cyberspace to show one's patriotism when it should be shown on ground!!

Jana only is good at yellow journalism and nothing more!

It is a damn shame she can do nothing to this boy who has put his whole life in line fr his country.

It is of no use to waste time here on the cyberspace to show one's patriotism when it should be shown on ground!!

Why should she do anything? If Jana is to reward every person that protests, then she might get distracted too much. Let him protest if he wants to, and expect nothing in return. I'm kind of disappointed he's getting so much attention and seemingly loving it. Kind of takes away from his stance a bit. Protesting and sacrificing as a result is heroic, protesting in the hope Jana will do something is a sham. Grow up, Salim finally!

Salim why are you acting like an immature little girl friend whose boyfriend just dumped her?

Like RR said kindly.. please grow up!

I wonder though, given his celebrity status in Pakistan already... would the US want to add more fuel to the fire over a boy's protest?

One can imagine what an uproar would be caused in Pakistan if he was mistreated in anyway.

Not to say that it wont happen - immigration officials are not necessarily known for caring about the diplomatic and cultural repercussions of their actions - one hears of the relatives of Heads of State and State dignitaries getting yanked around occasionally, but I doubt he will be blacklisted deliberately.

If it did happen, I would love to see the questions asked of Madam Ambassador the next day in Islamabad....

Back
Top Bottom