What's new

PAK pilots on Sukhoi's

but by driving Ferrari "who has BMW 318i" can conclude the limitation of his BMW and try to improve in that areas so that he can beat Ferrari

just my 2 Paisas

that's right. For that i need to borrow his ferrari for good few days! take it my garage & see what is what? then i can tighten few nuts & bolts in mine! but.. it's only the joyride i had! couldn't make out much though!!:)

that's true! but will a joyride help you to gain that knowledge?

Maybe not joyriding but training with it a couple of times will. I'm not an expert on this matter but I think a military professional would agree with me.

that's right. For that i need to borrow his ferrari for good few days! take it my garage & see what is what? then i can tighten few nuts & bolts in mine! but.. it's only the joyride i had! couldn't make out much though!!:)

well we are doing it for a long time just a minute i will give u the detail

well we are doing it for a long time just a minute i will give u the detail

please don't bother! i don't know diddly squat about fighter aircrafts! it was supposed to be light hearted humor!

So what was there response (PAF pilot's), Were the overwhelm by Su 30?? Coz I was when i saw these bird first... Its huge... and beautiful...

Nothing like overwhelmed..
They like the bird though.. big, powerful.. can carry lots of stuff..found the radar and hud symbology crude compared to the F-16.
but find it lacking maneuverability in the transonic region.. where PAF pilots like to fight..

The fact is.. when it comes to a WVR fight.. and almost every AF now going for HOBS heaters.. coming out alive even if you are up against an F-5 with a python IV.. isnt going to be easy.

Nothing like overwhelmed..
They like the bird though.. big, powerful.. can carry lots of stuff..found the radar and hud symbology crude compared to the F-16.
but find it lacking maneuverability in the transonic region.. where PAF pilots like to fight..

The fact is.. when it comes to a WVR fight.. and almost every AF now going for HOBS heaters.. coming out alive even if you are up against an F-5 with a python IV.. isnt going to be easy.

Can you explain more? swept wing aircraft suppose to do well in transonic region?

Also transonic is not determined not only by altitude?

well i think we can be better if we examine the jets potential and its weak links we can perfom even better against it i think better of we flown f 16 blk 50 against it one on one and se waht happens

well i think we can be better if we examine the jets potential and its weak links we can perfom even better against it i think better of we flown f 16 blk 50 against it one on one and se waht happens

are u crazy?? they will end up blowing each other up in mid air!!:lol::lol:

I have been driving BMW 318i for the past several years. Just drove my friend's Ferrari 360 other day. Now i'm an expert of Ferrari! next time i'l beat him with my BMW if we ever race!!

ok but u know the gear time and peddle reaction a good racer knowing that can beat an opponent :)

ok but u know the gear time and peddle reaction a good racer knowing that can beat an opponent :)

oh is it? what if both the drivers are masters of their own vehicles??
nyway.. don't take that comment seriously. it's just a light laugh!!

Can you explain more? swept wing aircraft suppose to do well in transonic region?

Also transonic is not determined not only by altitude
?

Yes...

Its not just wing sweep that determines transonic performance..
Fuselage drag... is one very important consideration.. (amongst others).

I cant seem to get a hold of the graph that outlines the Su-27's performance vs the viper..
(not the one from lock on).. but its out there..
The Su outperforms the F-16 in the low speed instantaneous and sustained.. with the graph equalling out at the high transonic.. and the F-16 edging out in the supersonic(getting better with altitude).
However..
The PAf pilots flew the MK.. series.. without the canards.(which improve handling at high AoA).. and assist in the aforementioned ranges..
Still, it gets high praise for all that it carries.. and its power.. (although some of the hawk eyed folks claim they can see it in supposed BVR ranges as well... :P

What PAF pilots really pooh pooh is TVC.. which they consider obsolete in todays WVR combat of HOBS heaters.

and NO

Trans-sonic...? I thought pilots hated flying and manuevering with external load in trans-sonic speeds. They usually do it in clean configurations.

Back
Top Bottom