Pak moves artillery guns to LoC opposite Mendhar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwAggeR

Reaction score
Country
India
Jammu, August 31
On the lines of what they did in Kargil War in 1999, the Pakistan Army has adopted an aggressive posture moving artillery guns along the Line of Control (LoC) opposite Mendhar sector in Poonch district, 230 km northwest of Jammu.

“We have observed artillery movement opposite Mendhar sector. While an artillery battery usually comprises six guns, they (Pak Army) have certainly moved two to three artillery guns opposite Mendhar,” said a senior Army officer.

So far, Pakistan had been using battalion level weapons -- small arms fire and automatics, including rocket propelled grenades and mortars (82 mm) -- drawing similar response from the Indian side, he said.

Though the artillery has not been used by them till now, but possibility of using it (following artillery movement opposite Mendhar) cannot be ruled out, he said. The officer said the use of artillery amounts to war. “We are keeping a constant watch on developments unfolding on the other side and accordingly devising our strategy,” he said.

Heavy shelling by Pak troops in June last year had forced India to eventually move an artillery battalion from Mendhar to the Krishna Ghati sector but it was never used. The stand-off ended only after a Brigade-commander level meeting that paved the way for the resumption of the trans-border trade and travel via Chakan-da-Bagh.

The officer also said that senior officers of the Pakistan Army in the past couple of days have conducted aerial and ground recce on the other side of the LoC opposite Poonch, Saujiyan, Mendhar and Hamirpur belts in Poonch sector.

Since August 8, the Indian Army has destroyed 15 Pakistani posts and several bunkers opposite Poonch, Mendhar and Hamirpur areas with weapons such as mortars, rocket launchers and automatic weapons, including anti-material guns.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News

Bad news for BJP ,Congress will thank Nawaz for venting their frustration on PA in election year.

hmmm.........:butcher:

Jammu, August 31
On the lines of what they did in Kargil War in 1999, the Pakistan Army has adopted an aggressive posture moving artillery guns along the Line of Control (LoC) opposite Mendhar sector in Poonch district, 230 km northwest of Jammu.

“We have observed artillery movement opposite Mendhar sector. While an artillery battery usually comprises six guns, they (Pak Army) have certainly moved two to three artillery guns opposite Mendhar,” said a senior Army officer.

So far, Pakistan had been using battalion level weapons -- small arms fire and automatics, including rocket propelled grenades and mortars (82 mm) -- drawing similar response from the Indian side, he said.

Though the artillery has not been used by them till now, but possibility of using it (following artillery movement opposite Mendhar) cannot be ruled out, he said. The officer said the use of artillery amounts to war. “We are keeping a constant watch on developments unfolding on the other side and accordingly devising our strategy,” he said.

Heavy shelling by Pak troops in June last year had forced India to eventually move an artillery battalion from Mendhar to the Krishna Ghati sector but it was never used. The stand-off ended only after a Brigade-commander level meeting that paved the way for the resumption of the trans-border trade and travel via Chakan-da-Bagh.

The officer also said that senior officers of the Pakistan Army in the past couple of days have conducted aerial and ground recce on the other side of the LoC opposite Poonch, Saujiyan, Mendhar and Hamirpur belts in Poonch sector.

Since August 8, the Indian Army has destroyed 15 Pakistani posts and several bunkers opposite Poonch, Mendhar and Hamirpur areas with weapons such as mortars, rocket launchers and automatic weapons, including anti-material guns.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News

Bad news for BJP ,Congress will thank Nawaz for venting their frustration on PA in election year.

actually its an excellent news for bjp..........ppl already see congress as weak on pakistan and if the news is true and nawaz meets manmohan in september in new york then bjp has a load of ammunition

There was some kind of calmness in LOC for couple of days..... I get a feeling that was a symptom of a bigger storm..... I wonder why the innocent (allegedly) army move artillery guns to LOC if they were supposed to peace loving

There was some kind of calmness in LOC for couple of days..... I get a feeling that was a symptom of a bigger storm..... I wonder why the innocent (allegedly) army move artillery guns to LOC if they were supposed to peace loving

Guess what is the best way to rejoin a broken Pakistani Society....

Jsst shout "Hindustan Hum pe hamla Karne wala hai... humain unka moohn tod jawab dena hai"... and everybody falls in line.

They use this every time.. its going to be same this time around.

hmmm.........:butcher:

actually its an excellent news for bjp..........ppl already see congress as weak on pakistan and if the news is true and nawaz meets manmohan in september in new york then bjp has a load of ammunition

I just feel Congress will oblige to retaliate with obliterating intensity in line with Indian Public sentiments to win the votes in forthcoming election.

I think you missed the 3rd last para of OP.

I just feel Congress will oblige to retaliate with obliterating intensity in line with Indian Public sentiments to win the votes in forthcoming election.

I think you missed the 3rd last para of OP.
Congress can try anything.....this time they are gonna be out of power

First sign that pak failed to meet it's objectives using BAT or BALL or whatever that is. :lol:

Now they are escalating..IA will be pleased with this move. Coz till now pak has had an advantage of asymmetric warfare and now that goes down the drain. Now that the local commanders are authorized to retaliate, they wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. Brace up for a small skirmish and get your popcorn ready guys. :pop: :pop:

I'm sure the use of heavy artillery is associated with the first fire from Indian side on LOC. We are still having peaceful ambitions but protecting our land is our real duty which cannot be ignored or tolerated too longer.

Your army first moved a Artillery gun close to border, this was just a response.

I guess i missed this information...... But where did u get this from?

About F'ing time...you are the ones who pounded our posts with rockets first, NDTV videos are proof of that.

So what do we expect here? A full blown war??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom