What's new

Pak in talks with India to export 400 mn cubic feet of LNG

Really ? :D

What makes you think so ? In all its likelihood , the agreement and the supply would be on temporary basis until Pakistan can overcome the energy crisis by other methods/sources .

"Temporary basis until Pakistan can overcome the energy crisis by other methods/sources"- so 10-20+ years then?

What about Iran Pak gas pipeline?

Would make sense than India, but I guess PML-N is more retarded than I thought..
Its in the very news mate...........

The minister further said that the new government will honour the agreement signed by the previous Pakistan People's Party-led government for the multi-billion Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project as it was a pact signed between two sovereign countries.

Without mentioning the PPP-led government, Abbasi said Pakistan had signed the deal and so the PML-N government would honour it.

However, there are issues like gas pricing and the impact of sanctions imposed by the US and European Union countries, he said.

"I have not been so far briefed on the project. So I am not in a position to talk on this more," he said.

"We have asked the foreign office to let us know about the impact of the sanctions imposed on Iran by the US and EU countries on Pakistan once this project gets completed," Abbasi said.

"I haven't looked into the (Iran-Pakistan pipeline) agreement so far and the gas sales price agreement. However, we need the gas price (on the) lower side but to assess this, I still need to look into the gas sales price agreement under the project."

Its to make pak dependent on us and the whole pak punjab's industries too.

We will earn $$$ while keeping them away from other energy sources.

Don't you also import that gas so how are you going to keep us away from other resources since you yourself are import dependent.

Don't you also import that gas so how are you going to keep us away from other resources since you yourself are import dependent.

Its not just about importing gas. You need to have re-gasification facilities. So you need to set it up. Pak is in the process and its still not complete. Hence, pure import is a problem.

We pay in hard cash and as the US, china and India are investing very hugely in Shale gas we will become independent but we will continue to import to save our resources for future.

But pak don't have money to pay when it will get cheaper option with India it will import from India.

And also pak will not look for other options because its energy demand will be met by India and also for the reason of lack of funds to invest in energy projects that takes years and decades to materialize.

Bhai Zakir;4414743]We pay in hard cash and as the US, china and India are investing very hugely in Shale gas we will become independent but we will continue to import to save our resources for future.

Bhai zakir i have land in Nevada beach front property that comes with the view of Lady of liberty statue you can all have it all for a good price.

But pak don't have money to pay when it will get cheaper option with India it will import from India.

Off course Pak doesn't have the money to pay for gas but has the money to pay to India which also itself imports gas you are a genius were you one f the advisers to George W Bush.

And also Pak will not look for other options because its energy demand will be met by India

Oh boy oh Boy we are sooo stupid bhai zakir thank you

and also for the reason of lack of funds to invest in energy projects that takes years and decades to materialize.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Its not just about importing gas. You need to have re-gasification facilities. So you need to set it up. Pak is in the process and its still not complete. Hence, pure import is a problem.

i wasn't looking for intelligent answer thats why i ask bhai zakir the question :omghaha:

Its to make pak dependent on us and the whole pak punjab's industries too.

We will earn $$$ while keeping them away from other energy sources.

If it goes ahead, it will most likely be temporary....

We are currently engaged in restructuring our internal policies first. A couple of things here to mention. A lot of this resource is used in our Cars, we are acting to discourage it and replace with Diseal and Hybrid. We are also high on cracking down Theft of resources. By acting these sort of actions, we would save a whole amount of gas and use it in our industries. We still have sufficient amount of gas reserves available in the country. Its just a matter of time. We would be ready to start extracting when we have money and contracts. Options are not limited. Both IP and TIPI are also available....

Abbasi khanay peenay ka bundobast ker reha hai. All these Politicians like these foreign deals because of opportunities to receive kickbacks. Nawaz Sharif's deals with Turkey for Metro Bus and now trying to work out a deal with India. What Abbasi really means is that deal hinges on what kind of kickbacks he receives for himself and Sharif Brothers.

Work out a waiver deal with the US to allow Iran Pipeline Gas which can be made operational much faster than this Indian deal.

And if you want to buy LNG, buy it directly from Qatar which is the World's LNG Powerhouse.

Looks like a complete waste of project as soon as the government will change gas line will be cut down
we have a Petrochemical giant on our west side , lets focus and stop wandering like a chicken with no head

Back
Top Bottom