What's new

Pak-China joint international air exercise shaheen-III concludes

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PG141.jpg

Rawalpindi, May 27: The Joint International Air Exercise Shaheen-III conducted between Pakistan Air Force and Peoples Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) culminated at an Operational Air Base of Pakistan Air Force.
Air Marshal Sohail Aman, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations) was the chief guest at the closing ceremony. During three weeks duration Shaheen-III Air Exercise, PAF and PLAAF participated with modern fighter Jets and support elements.
Following the rich tradition of PAF leadership to lead from the front, Air Marshal Sohail Aman, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations) also flew in an offensive strike mission package.
A 06 member PLAAF delegation led by Major General Zhan Houshun, Commander of Chengdu Regional Air Force Command, witnessed the exercise on the last day and participated in a simple yet graceful closing ceremony.
Major General Zhan Houshun, leader of the PLAAF delegation expressed gratitude on behalf of Commander PLAAF who is also member of Chinese Military Command to Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force for sanctioning Shaheen-III Air Exercise.
While addressing the closing ceremony he said, PAF has conducted joint exercises with foreign Air Forces for a long time, obtained great achievements, demonstrated first rate training level & combat efficiency and gained rich experiences that are worth to learn and draw lessons from.
We are deeply impressed by PAFs aggressive combat style and brave fighting spirit and greatly moved by the train as you fight training principle and streamlined efficient training approach. We admire your superb and all round flying skill and outstanding tactical expertise. We have learnt a lot from you which will bring a whole new inspiration to the innovation & development of PLAAFs military training.

I think I get the idea behind this exercise... They brought J7E and J10 to be pitched against JF17. Both J7E and J10A are only used in air defense role. Looking at the comment how paf used aggressive combat style is another hint that it was purely DACT.
Looks like the ROSE mirage was used as high speed (supersonic fueltanks) interdiction...

Now that gives me three conclusions which are debatable...

1. The Chinese wants to see how well JF17 acts against the to be replaced J7E. It also wants to see the difference with a higher placed J10A.

2. PAF wants to see the difference with J10.

3. PLAAF saw the very impressive tactics and pilot training. These were easy to be extracted after F7PG being pitched up against J7E...

I think I get the idea behind this exercise... They brought J7E and J10 to be pitched against JF17. Both J7E and J10A are only used in air defense role. Looking at the comment how paf used aggressive combat style is another hint that it was purely DACT.
Looks like the ROSE mirage was used as high speed (supersonic fueltanks) interdiction...

1. The Chinese wants to see how well JF17 acts against the to be replaced J7E. It also wants to see the difference with a higher placed J10A.

3. PLAAF saw the very impressive tactics and pilot training. These were easy to be extracted after F7PG being pitched up against J7E...
Don't you think SU27 can do some better score and should be part of it. Even SU27 has more bomber role but it also carried out few air superiority missions.

when will they announce the results of the exercise? I hope the Jf-17 kicked @ss :yes2:

If the PLAAF wants to see how well JF17 performs against J10 and J7e then why would they bring su27?
I am bit confused about JF17. If the new avionics and modernization program of JF17 is not shared with Chinese. Recently Italian and French avionics are in testing phase in Thunder. Plus obviously a training is big difference, Pakistani pilots test both American and Chinese/Russian technology , where I have feeling they are kind of ahead of Chinese in training . But capability of J10 is still unknown.(If they are still using Chinese tech then that would be totally different scenario)
But Chinese are seriously thinking about having a place for JF17 in their fleet.?.
As far as question of adding the SU27 in this drill, well, this will provide better awareness of capability of this plane. Where Pakistan arch enemy has backbone of this combat aircraft.

when will they announce the results of the exercise? I hope the Jf-17 kicked @ss :yes2:
They will never announce. Not self conceded, but Pakistani pilots are way ahead , when comes to training .

I am bit confused about JF17. If the new avionics and modernization program of JF17 is not shared with Chinese. Recently Italian and French avionics are in testing phase in Thunder. Plus obviously a training is big difference, Pakistani pilots test both American and Chinese/Russian technology , where I have feeling they are kind of ahead of Chinese in training . But capability of J10 is still unknown.(If they are still using Chinese tech then that would be totally different scenario)
But Chinese are not seriously thinking about a place for JF17 in their fleet.?.
As far as question of adding the SU27 in this drill, well, this will provide better awareness of capability of this plane. Where Pakistan arch enemy has backbone of this combat aircraft.

They will never announce. Not self conceded, but Pakistani pilots are way ahead , when comes to training .
Im just curious as to how the JFT did against the J-10

Im just curious as to how the JFT did against the J-10
Trying to learn the success story of delta wings, only advantage they carry more payload...that's what i feel.
We are deeply impressed by PAFs aggressive combat style and brave fighting spirit and greatly moved by the train as you fight training principle and streamlined efficient training approach. We admire your superb and all round flying skill and outstanding tactical expertise. We have learnt a lot from you which will bring a whole new inspiration to the innovation & development of PLAAFs military training.
May be PAF played like Afridi

Response to #5. Never. There is no need to make any of this public knowledge. The idea is to learn from each other. What benefit will there be in boasting who did what and that too publicly? There is sufficient de-briefing that goes on during the entire exercise.

This debriefing to the public concept is actually quiet alien to professional armed forces. The information age went a little too far for some countries.

Last edited:
But Chinese are seriously thinking about having a place for JF17 in their fleet.?.

@HAIDER saheb, it is not PAF does not want to share but the original producer does not wants PAF to share. As you know Chinese they are good in copying. One has to make sure that certain copy rights are not violated. Same logic goes for PAF MLU/B52 F16's. The limits are purely China related. Trust me. I heard in very private conversations with others the same.

Response to #5. Never. There is no need to make any of this public knowledge. The idea is to learn from each other. What benefit will there be in boasting who did what and that too publicly? There is sufficient de-briefing that goes on during the entire exercise.

This debriefing to the public concept is actually quiet alien to professional armed forces. The information age went a little too far for some countries.

I know pilots and I never heard these results, ever...

I also want to know some details of the drill, no matter what kind of result...

Back
Top Bottom