What's new

Pak bends over backwards for Beijing, offers oil backup

I think we are very capable of defending our country we dont need chinese support.

I do not doubt Pak's capability to certain decent degree. However, during a war, all kinds of unexpected could happen. In early 50s, N. Korean never thought it needed any help. But when stuff happens, it happens. Of course, Pak has deeper strategic depth and more population than Korea. Yet, geographically both have similar shape. Moreover, the N. Korean then was probably more unified than the Pakistani now due to N. Korea's communist system.

War is a complex combination of various factors, many of which are very difficult to predict. Wise strategists always think beyond ordinary thinking, and always expect the unexpected.

Pakistan is offering the same from Iran to India... Don't hear a click there?

China is growing and needs fuel. Pakistan is lucky to be sharing the fruits of that. The western economies used fuel for their ideology. The momentum is moving towards China and probably India.

But the problem for india is that its goods go across pakistan so in an event of conflict pakistan can hurt india. china has good relations with iran and pakistan so i think china is much better placed in this manner

I also think that for you people in Pakistan, China is a better match than INDIA ! :)
Kashif

Hi,

It is not a good thing to look a gift horse in the mouth. There is no nation in the world who cannot use the help of another nation in time of war. Some of my pakistani colleagues really donot understand what the intensity of the present war with india would be.

Just to say that we don't need chinese help in case of war is not a good comment. Common sense dictates that just before you go to war, you get your friends prepared and ready to get you some help in case you need it. Not asking for help from friends in your time of need shows that you are arrogant and will not help them in their time of need.

Kiddo, you need to realize that pakistan is a very poor third world country which had not active resources when the earthquake hit the capitol city. The govt had to seek help from private construction comapnies for help to get heavy machinery.

now the energery is very important for any country, as china has traditional

friendship with pakstian so ,this plan will do fevor for both of us.

Kiddo, you need to realize that pakistan is a very poor third world country which had not active resources when the earthquake hit the capitol city. The govt had to seek help from private construction comapnies for help to get heavy machinery.

So why would a Govt have hundreds of bulldozers etc. on standby? This is how it should be done instead of Govt holding onto heavy machinery for cases like this. The way the EQ was handled by the GoP has been referenced by the UN as an example of how successfully massive calamities should be addressed. The Pakistani govt resources (Armed Forces, civilian volunteers) worked wonders and averted major disasters. So on this count at least, I think the Govt of Pakistan performed par excellence! :flag:

Blain,

Indeed the pakistani millitary did perform a wonderful job----but truly with majority of logistic support coming from other countries. The disaster was averted by the american heavy lift helicopters and cargo planes and all the nations of the world who participated in it and took ownership of the disaster as if it happened to them.

Now, as to your comment---why would government need to have so many bulldozers------it is age old anology, you don't shop for a "BATTLESHIP" after the war has started. You build it for a 20 year life span and pray that you don't need it. At the end of the term you scrap it to make razor blades and produce another one.

It was not the bulldozers, but lack of heavy lift cranes that became an immediate issue in the capitol city.

Yup, cranes were the problem but the bigger problem was getting Heavy duty transport vehicle, which delayed the recovery process alot. (Something along the line like below), not exactly that super size but you get my idea bulldozers weren't a problem at all though I know that for sure:

a71600dbedcd860c539babca5003e8c9.jpg

I do not doubt Pak's capability to certain decent degree. However, during a war, all kinds of unexpected could happen. In early 50s, N. Korean never thought it needed any help. But when stuff happens, it happens. Of course, Pak has deeper strategic depth and more population than Korea. Yet, geographically both have similar shape. Moreover, the N. Korean then was probably more unified than the Pakistani now due to N. Korea's communist system.

War is a complex combination of various factors, many of which are very difficult to predict. Wise strategists always think beyond ordinary thinking, and always expect the unexpected.

This is impressive, but I dislike the title of the starting thread.

Back
Top Bottom