What's new

Pak/Bangla Relations After Hasina

I hope so. My father once travelled to Dhaka in the 60s. He said all he saw was nothing but immense greenery and palm trees. He remembers it fondly. I hope we put an end to our ugly chapter.

I noticed in Indian media -- they talked about Shaheen hitting Afif and Pakistan team hoisting our flag in practice. But they did not talk about the kind reception pak team is geting from locals.
Two BD families were in my group during Hajj in 2016. Yes, I listened to Prof. Rafique Akhtar and went for Hajj before Hajj would cease.....a side note.
We became best friends...both could even talk good urdu especially one gentleman.
They had sadness what Pakistan did to them, but we avoided more politicised talk. They did not like Sheikh Hasina a bit.
I would want to go to chittagong and kox bazar, ان شا اللہ۔
All the best wishes for BD.
We dont do friendship with durga pooja celebrator woman.she doesnt represent the section of Bangladesh we get along with.
Sir. No need to be condescending.
We need to respect BD people. She is their PM.

Guys, its really not that difficult.

1)We are brothers in faith. No matter what the history is, as Muslims from various regions have shed Muslim blood before, now, and in the future. There is nothing unique about Bangladesh/Pakistan.

2)It is possible to get beyond the past, i.e. US/UK example.

3)Imagine the implications for India, if they had to be concerned about both Pakistan and Bangladesh on either side. i.e. No more Indian frenemy/bullying towards Bangladesh.

I hope PM Hasina and PM Khan take the steps needed to improve relations.

I would love nothing more than Modi and his fookin BJP MFers to get their panties in a twist.

Imagine the tweets from people like these guys.

Yeah, we have a common enemy.

Last edited:
its all geopolitics, a women who never let Jamat-e-Islami breathe would let those Bangalis celebrate favoring Pakistan?
Because Jamati e Islami is war criminal party. And how many seats Jamati Islami get in Pakistan sir?

Was Jamati Islami supporter of Pakistan movent ? It was against the creation of Pakistan too!

Jamati Islami is pro establishment party. I won't be surprised if Jamati Islami made a secrete pact with BAL and remain silent nowadays!

Both Bangladesh and Pakistan are Muslim brothers. We should have brotherly relations. Last 50 + years our relationship wasn’t so good but before that we were one we suffered together under the British and we fought together to create a independent state for Muslim and we fought together in 65 against Indians.
Bangladesh and Pakistan are like two twin brothers who deep down love each other but don’t want to admit it.
We should have brotherly ties with Bangladesh a relationship that will benefit both of us and be a nightmare for Indians.

2)It is possible to get beyond the past, i.e. US/UK example.

Both Pak and BD were colonized by Brits, million+ citizens of both countries are now citizens of UK too. Citizens of both countries love to visit UK. Nobody cares about past. Nobody cares about any kind of apology/regret. Same can happen in case of Pak/BD. Just avoid offensive diplomatic statements and allow people to people contacts.

If relationship can't be rebuild during Hasina regime, we have to wait 100 more years I'm afraid!

As only Hasina can improve the decision, because her huge political party politics is based on anti Pakistan rhetoric.

It remains to be seen how powerful she actually is to speak so highly of her. Clearly everything is not under her control, the most recent example being the transport syndicate who can easily blackmail her at their will.

Because Jamati e Islami is war criminal party. And how many seats Jamati Islami get in Pakistan sir?

Was Jamati Islami supporter of Pakistan movent ? It was against the creation of Pakistan too!

Jamati Islami is pro establishment party. I won't be surprised if Jamati Islami made a secrete pact with BAL and remain silent nowadays!

i have no interest in what they are, but hanging to death verdicts by courts dictated by her govt.
what else is filth in a judiciary system and her govt.

Both Pak and BD were colonized by Brits, million+ citizens of both countries are now citizens of UK too. Citizens of both countries love to visit UK. Nobody cares about past. Nobody cares about any kind of apology/regret. Same can happen in case of Pak/BD. Just avoid offensive diplomatic statements and allow people to people contacts.

Same thing here in the US.

A lot of my friends growing up were Pakistani.

We marry each other.

It's not even a thing anymore.

When you understand the big picture, it brings a lot of clarity and perspective.

Bangladesh and Pakistan NEED to improve relations.

It helps in so many ways for both nations.

In order to do that, people have to move on from their own grudges and work towards a better future.

দেখেন ভাই, শেখ মুজিবও এসব সমস্যা ফেস করেছেন বলেই বাজারে অনেক কৃত্রিম সংকট হয়ে দুর্ভিক্ষ হয়েছিল।

আওয়ামী লীগ হল বিভিষণে ভরা একটা দল। কাজেই বিভিষণ রা সংকট তৈরি করবে এটা স্বাভাবিক। আরো কিছু সময় লাগার কথা সব কিছু কন্ট্রোলে আসতে! এদের পিছনে যারা আছে তাদের ক্ষমতা বাংলাদেশের চেয়েও ঢের বেশি। তাই সমঝোতা এখনো শেষ হয়নি। রাজনৈতিক মোড় ঘুরে যাচ্ছে তবে পুরাপুরি আয়ত্বে আনতে আরো সময় দরকার বলেই মনে হয় আমার।

আপনি কি লক্ষ করেছেন যে সরকার আওয়ামী লীগের সাথে দল আওয়ামী লীগের একটা বেশ ভাল দুরত্ব তৈরি হয়েছে?

বাকি থাকে ডিপস্টেট যেটার ফ্রন্ট গার্ড হল আসলে হাসিনা, যারা হাসিনা কে ক্ষমতায় টিকিয়ে রেখেছে, অন্তত আমার রিসার্চ সেটাই বলে।

না হলে ২০১৪ সাল থেকে নির্বাচনের নামে যে প্রহসণ হয়েছে এতে সরকারের একমাস টিকে থাকার কথা না। ১৫ ফেব্রুয়ারী ১৯৯৬ সালে যেমন বিএনপি টেকে নাই।

তবে ডিপস্টেট বললে তো আপনি বিশ্বাস করবেন না, প্রমান চাইবেন, চাওয়ায়টাই স্বাভাবিক! কিন্তু সেই প্রমান আমি কীভাবে দেব? আর প্রমান তো রাখাও হয় না সাধারনের জন্য। বাজারে এগুলা কন্সপিরেসি থিওরি হিসাবেই চলে!

So let's agree to disagree here! ;)

@Species

2014 te ki holo ebong kibhabe tara tike gelo ta amra shobai jani. borong 2018 er example dileo theory ta tao seriously newa jaye. Proman chailam na, jodi asholei sheta theke thake then, 2009 e oi deep state koi chhilo? Ebong shei ghotonar por ei shorkar ke support korar reason ki?

but hanging to death verdicts by courts dictated by her govt.
Then consider it as internal matter of Bangladesh. If you want ,you can also hang your Jamati leaders for not supporting the creation of Pakistan, we will not launch any protest.

Then consider it as internal matter of Bangladesh. If you want ,you can also hang your Jamati leaders for not supporting the creation of Pakistan, we will not launch any protest.

at least we have tolerance, what they oppose at that time, they are still flourishing and a re a strong political entity in Pakistan.

i have no interest in what you people do savagely, i just portray that women and what she is. go hang everybody a day will come you'll become a society like India.

remember! spread hatred among your society, who ever it is for, it comes back within the people. just bring up a sheep fed on meat and you'll see em eating their own clan.

learning is the thing that is scarce among people and they claim intellect.

at least we have tolerance, what they oppose at that time, they are still flourishing and a re a strong political entity in Pakistan.

i have no interest in what you people do savagely, i just portray that women and what she is. go hang everybody a day will come you'll become a society like India.

remember! spread hatred among your society, who ever it is for, it comes back within the people. just bring up a sheep fed on meat and you'll see em eating their own clan.

learning is the thing that is scarce among people and they claim intellect.
Okay man, whatever floats your boat , I have no problem!

We need to respect BD people. She is their PM.
. i give respect based on my own principles and Bangladesh founding fathers who lied to their people are not among them. Lies on things as small as number of of people killed to telling them who they were actually working for. A random Bengali has no say or fault in this . Its the corrupt intelligentsia there that built their huddle and politics based on the war of independence and hate for Paksitan and Jinnah; the same Jinnah that helped them get freedom in first place..It doesnt mean i dont blame the Pakistanis of that time. Bhutto was the main culprit followed by Yahya. Stilll we dont preach hate in our curriculum.

Many Bangladeshis who've had no past experience are always baffled with the hate or undercover racism they get from Pakistanis too and I've witnessed it on social media and real life I've lost count now.Most of the post war kids especially 2000 onwards have no idea why. They know there was a war but yet baffled by theal attitudes.

We hear it all the time "ye Bangali hain" if you get my drift, sounds undermining.

One time I was with a friend and a community centre coach and the friend said he wanted to marry a Bengali the community coach ended up saying "why you going to marry a Bengali" then my mate pointed out I'm Bengali lol. Pakistani elders need to stop telling their kids Bangalis are bad people.

It happens, like you said get to the root first.
Social media is full fo indians posing as other party..So dont go by online trolls..though i dont negate the fact Pakistan has its own share of racist people but in this particular region we are the least racist people..
Also just because i dot like your bangabandhu doesnt men i dislike Bangladeshis, ..So differentiate wrt. that.

Back
Top Bottom