What's new

Pak/Bangla Relations After Hasina

Very interesting. I didn't know she had such a stranglehold that only she can make the decision to better our ties. I think we are in trouble because I think she genuinely hates Pakistan and even Pakistanis.
Only she can make ties bro , because she started the anti Pakistan rhetoric and started for right reason!

BAL has huge vote and all are based on sheikh Mujib and Hasina.

So only she can save the fans from being spoiled.

Although most fans aren't anti Pakistan , but the key inside the party and BAL friendly media and intellectuals are all indian stooge.

Basically they were the reason Mujib was introduced as indian stooge. But raw made the Goebbelsian technique so nicely that none other than the daughter of Mujib can undone it, specifically when she has a bad reputation of indian bosom friend!

Deep politics is much deeper bro than worthless voters who alwyas stick with BAL and BNP as a part of their fetish!

Bangladesh is a great country with amazing potential , I wish it all the best and have no ill will towards it - and I hope our economic relationship improves further but ill second @kingQamaR
We were always way too focused on eastern, south Asian - but with no relationship with India to speak of it makes little sense for this focus - I say look eastwards
At this point in time we should care more about increasing our ties with Central Asia, Iran and a stronger Afghanistan as a trade partner - which we have ignored for 70 years of our history!
There are a lot of cultural, historical, geographical connections to build on, untapped! - Iran itself is a major force even with sanctions imagine without it
In a country located in south Asia, middle east, connections with central Asia - we have lots of options to build on (especially considering relationship with India- which means South Asia closes out)
If people open threads on ways we can improve economic ties with Iran while navigating US,GCC or how to propel economy of Afghanistan or how we can capture central Asian market pie
Pakistanis dreamers concentrate on Afghanistan & Iran we have actual borders and neighbours to them with shared history. I have no problem with Indian Muslims and Bangladeshis Muslims to have good relations with them. But our priories was always with our western neighbourhood and the former east Pakistan was just in name only. Just enough with this bhai bhai rubbish learn from your history unless you have connection to Indian or Bangladesh family ties I see. I wish Muslim Bangladeshis all the best. east is not for us india is our border period

We can wait for her to go.No rush
Who are you actually that using plural? I know your kind in Bangladesh and they also don't want good relationship with Pakistan!

I don't think your authority ( as well as our ) will wait if they really want a good and hustle free future relationship with Bangladesh!

Look at @bluesky , ( @Homo Sapiens as well I think) a hardcore atheist , still consider India as sworn enemy and want cordial relationship with Bangladesh. There are huge numbers of such people who even don't follow any Islamic laws or lifestyle want cordial relationship between this two countries , only because it's absolute necessity nowadays!

Thing aren't limited in Hindu Muslim , atheist bla bla bla ..... .

But it's between two nation who are coming closer for absolute necessity , because both has a common enemy.

Your childish emotion doesn't have any use in such case!

A sworn enemy in eastern border will benefit Pakistan in the end.

And for the same reason the pressure from Pakistani side will be a huge benefit for us against India; if they try to push Muslims towards Bangladesh and Pakistan!

Last edited:
Who are you actually that using plural? I don't think your authority will wait if they really want a good and hustle free future relationship with Bangladesh!
So why hasnt it happened yet..
Theres an elephant in the room you choose to ignore.. Bangladesh nationalism and its bloody birth out of a chaos in which pakistan is the villain and victim mindset fed in to bengali brains has kept them in the past. I have a bengali friend , he invited me to his place where he had other of his bengali friends and their families. I could feel uncomfort in the environment because of my presence. Unfortunately 90s was a best time to sort it..even Musharraf's time was the last opportunity tohave a joint fact finding missions and revise history (something not possible under hasina).. But after 2007 I see a very bleak chance of this happening. Now most of the people are dead and a new generation is there with new alternatives.

I already explained it many times, and even today in other comments. You can take a look , as not going to repeat.

Theres an elephant in the room you choose to ignore.. Bangladesh nationalism and its bloody birth out of a chaos in which pakistan is the villain and victim mindset fed in to bengali brains has kept them in the past.
You are utterly wrong. You are too stubborn to see the warm welcome of Pakistan team in Bangladesh!

You also overlooked that indian assets are too much frustrated and indian media was whining because of it!

But after 2007 I see a very bleak chance of this happening. Now most of the people are dead and a new generation is there with new alternatives
Because you don't have any eyes. And also you underestimate the power of propaganda machine , and you don't want to accept that Rome wasn't built in a day.

You want everything done as fast as the invasion of Bakhtiar Khilzi.

I would humbly remind you that it's not the age when you can fight with sword on horseback.

The world became far more complex and muslims lost their might.

If you want to regain it , be patient!

Theres an elephant in the room you choose to ignore.. Bangladesh nationalism and its bloody birth out of a chaos in which pakistan is the villain and victim mindset fed in to bengali brains has kept them in the past. I have a bengali friend , he invited me to his place where he had other of his bengali friends and their families. I could feel uncomfort in the environment because of my presence. Unfortunately 90s was a best time to sort it..even Musharraf's time was the last opportunity tohave a joint fact finding missions and revise history (something not possible under hasina).. But after 2007 I see a very bleak chance of this happening. Now most of the people are dead and a new generation is there with new alternatives.

Why did he invite you to then feel uncomfortable? It's rather stupid logic if he did that I wouldn't have invited you at all if that was the case.

Who are you actually that using plural? I know your kind in Bangladesh and they also don't want good relationship with Pakistan!

I don't think your authority ( as well as our ) will wait if they really want a good and hustle free future relationship with Bangladesh!

Look at @bluesky , ( @Homo Sapiens as well I think) a hardcore atheist , still consider India as sworn enemy and want cordial relationship with Bangladesh. There are huge numbers of such people who even don't follow any Islamic laws or lifeinstyle want cordial relationship between this two countries , only because it's absolute necessity nowadays!

Thing aren't limited in Hindu Muslim , atheist bla bla bla ..... .

But it's between two nation who are coming closer for absolute necessity , because both has a common enemy.

Your childish emotion doesn't have any use in such case!

A sworn enemy in eastern border will benefit Pakistan in the end.

And for the same reason the pressure from Pakistani side will be a huge benefit for us against India; if they try to push Muslims towards Bangladesh and Pakistan!
In the modern world countries work together on basis of mutual interests. Pakistan and Bangladesh will work on commonalities but it doesnt contribute much beyond it till the roots are fixed.

In the modern world countries work together on basis of mutual interests. Pakistan and Bangladesh will work on commonalities but it doesnt contribute much beyond it till the roots are fixed.

Best way to fix things is (In the short term) send cultural people like Fawad Khan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and other Pakistani celebrities/artistes to Bangladesh, along with the Coke Studio performers, to captivate tastes of educated and sophisticated young people. I promise you they will be performing in packed arenas (stadiums) wherever they go in Bangladesh.

Last time Fawad was here five years ago, twenty something university women were ready to go home with him. The screaming was unbearable. Gotta use these as cultural ammo. :-)

ARY, HUM, GEO channels are already extremely popular in Bangladesh as are Urdu soaps which these channels broadcast. Bengali subtitling will make them more popular, though Bangladeshi aunties know most Hindi words in any case.

Send in all your MBBS students (and students of other programs) to Bangladesh, and provide SAFTA arranged scholarships if necessary. Most Pakistani students find cultural differences to be minimal, if any. We must use person-to-person contacts among young people to fix the problems for the next generation.

Then in the medium term fix the trade gap relationship (Pakistani imports in lieu of Indian imports to Bangladesh) which will benefit Pakistan as well. Arrange Pakistani trade fairs in Dhaka to ensure Pakistani handicrafts and small industry products are demonstrated like metalware, copperware, sialkot sport products and cutleries.

The rest will take care of itself.

I know - a bit trite and somewhat crass game plan, but I don't believe in complicated game plans, which don't work.

But @Atlas Bhai is right, assuming rigid unhealthy attitudes on either sides will not help matters. Distrust was created in 1971 and Sanghis made 100% hay out of it and this is their main weapon in Bangladesh. That distrust for Pakistan created by Sanghi propaganda will take actual time and actual EFFORT to overcome.

We have educated and sane people on both sides, all we need is political will, determination and an appetite on both sides to eat a bit of unsavory humble pie, but only as a temporary thing. Considering the long term benefit, it must be undertaken.

Last edited:

Many Bangladeshis who've had no past experience are always baffled with the hate or undercover racism they get from Pakistanis too and I've witnessed it on social media and real life I've lost count now.Most of the post war kids especially 2000 onwards have no idea why. They know there was a war but yet baffled by theal attitudes.

We hear it all the time "ye Bangali hain" if you get my drift, sounds undermining.

One time I was with a friend and a community centre coach and the friend said he wanted to marry a Bengali the community coach ended up saying "why you going to marry a Bengali" then my mate pointed out I'm Bengali lol. Pakistani elders need to stop telling their kids Bangalis are bad people.

It happens, like you said get to the root first.

its all geopolitics, a women who never let Jamat-e-Islami breathe would let those Bangalis celebrate favoring Pakistan? no way. she is the women who once said after Pakistan Cricket team defeated by Bangladesh, they took the revenge, how low and pathetic. same sport and suddenly allow them to celebrate like this?
when does winds changes you never know so keep it emblematic.

i know many Bangalis they are friendly but it is the dirt of the politics that make everything mess. just look at Modi's India and then remember the times during Musharraf regime when Pakistan and India were doing cricket tours in exchange.

i myself on behalf of business concerns host many Indians coming Pakistan to watch the matches and we reciprocate the visit and were hosted by them. they enjoyed their visits as many had their forefathers belong to this side and visited old Lahore to those places and houses and were emotional and happy at the same time.

we used to have long discussions overnight and talk about faults on both sides, it was only because they were educated and sober which pave the way for those discussions. they even thank the environment we gave them to share their point of view so independently to which they would have shy enough otherwise in a enemy country and with its people.

to this day we are friends, exchange celebrations on Eid, Diwali and they remember those days and wish to visit again.

sorry to divert a bit from the topic but it was just to explain no everything is bad that can't be mended.

Back
Top Bottom