What's new

Pak Army starts ground operation in N.Waziristan

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

MIRANSHAH: Pakistan Army has started ground operation in North Waziristan tribal area where military strikes have killed over 300 militants since military offensive ‘Zarb-e-Azb’ begun on 15 June, SAMAA reported.

“After evacuation of all civil population, ground operation starts in MiranShah today. Troops enter town for house to house search,” Director General ISPR, Maj. Gen. Asim Saleem Bajwa said.

According to reports, at least 15 militants have been killed in the ground operation. - SAMAA

beware of booby trap thats how we lost most of our soldiers in south waziristan

UPDATE- ZARB –E- AZB
30 JUNE 2014

1. After evacuation of all civil population, Ground operation commenced in and around Miranshah early morning today. House to House search of Miranshah town is being carried out by infantry troops and special service group. 15 x terrorists have been killed in ground offensive so far. Troops have recovered underground tunnels and IEDs preparation factories inside the so far cleared area. 3 x soldiers got injured in exchange of fire.
2. Meanwhile integrated fire of Artillery, Tanks and other heavy weapons is being carried out on terrorist’s concentrations in Mirali and other areas. Effective Cordon is in place at other areas housing terrorists
3. Since start of operation Zarbe Azb on 15 June, 376 x terrorists have been killed while 19 have surrendered to the security forces. 61 x terrorists Hideouts have been destroyed in the operation during last 15 days. 17 x Soldiers have embraced shahadat in the ongoing Operation Zarbe Azb
4. Distribution of relief items for IDPs continues at Bannu, DI Khan and Tank. 30000 x ration packs each of 110 Kilogram have been distributed so far.
5. 276 x ton Rations have been collected so far at 55 x Relief donations points established by Pakistan Army in major cities of the country and being transported to Bannu.
6. 5665 x Patients have been treated at the Field Medical Hospital established at Khalifa Gul Nawaz hospital Bannu by Army.
7. 6435 x cattle have been provided vetnary treatment while 17659 cattle and 30545 x poultry have been vaccinated.

ISPR

MIRANSHAH: Pakistan Army has started ground operation in North Waziristan tribal area where military strikes have killed over 300 militants since military offensive ‘Zarb-e-Azb’ begun on 15 June, SAMAA reported.

“After evacuation of all civil population, ground operation starts in MiranShah today. Troops enter town for house to house search,” Director General ISPR, Maj. Gen. Asim Saleem Bajwa said.

According to reports, at least 15 militants have been killed in the ground operation. - SAMAA
Zarvan, are you praying for the success of our Armed Forces?

Why at the start of month of Ramzan? it will make it more difficult and sensitive.

well be careful my army men .. may Allah protect all our soldiers from road side bombs and traps ..

Zarvan, are you praying for the success of our Armed Forces?
This operation will not solve the problem and the way IDPs are being handled and dealt it may end up increasing the problem

This operation will not solve the problem and the way IDPs are being handled and dealt it may end up increasing the problem

In the short-run the operation will render the 'problem' incapacitated and completely inept to launch massive, coordinated strikes on targets of strategic importance - To my mind, that is solving the problem. In the long-run, coupled with the development that the current PM wishes to undertake in the region, the limited popularity of the 'problem' with a certain isolated segments of the NWA society will be considerably diminished and that, to my mind, is also solving the problem.

I may be wrong though, so let me hear your solution to the problem. Don't say an Islamic system, because you'll automatically lose me there. Under any system, be it Islamic or secular the punishment for the crimes which the TTP has perpetrated is death. I would rather see the punishment meted out now, than later.

In the short-run the operation will render the 'problem' incapacitated and completely inept to launch massive, coordinated strikes on targets of strategic importance - To my mind, that is solving the problem. In the long-run, coupled with the development that the current PM wishes to undertake in the region, the limited popularity of the 'problem' with a certain isolated segments of the NWA society will be considerably diminished and that, to my mind, is also solving the problem.

I may be wrong though, so let me hear your solution to the problem. Don't say an Islamic system, because you'll automatically lose me there. Under any system, be it Islamic or secular the punishment for the crimes which the TTP has perpetrated is death. I would rather see the punishment meted out now, than later.

The following picture shows the growing incapacity of the 'problem':

Brc628KCQAAG72M.jpg:large

Those are explosive-filled CNG cannisters weighing upwards of 80 kgs each. DG ISPR has stated that 225 of these have been recovered from an IED manufacturing facility in the operation-area. By my count that is a lot of dead Pakistanis. By carrying out the operation we have pre-empted the Pakistani deaths, driven out/killed the bomb-manufacturers, seized their assets and dealt them a considerable operational blow.

Case-in-point: Solving the 'problem'

The rest of the pictures can be found here:

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions. | Page 90

Credit for the picture @Devil Soul

IEDs, improvised explosive devices are one of the main causes of causalities among NATO troops and civilians in the AF/PAK region. Unfortunately, Pakistan is one of the major victims of IED attacks by the militants during last one decade. In December of last year, a U.S. delegation headed by Lt. General John Johnson, Director of Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) visited Pakistani GHQ to discuss counter IED measures. According to ISPR, “both sides shared their experience and discussed ways of to address the menace of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) faced by not only by Pakistan and Afghanistan, but also by the world at large. Hopefully, the Pakistani military will eradicate more IEDs facilitating factories and the number of civilian and military deaths would decrease.

Haroon Ahmad
DET – U.S. Central Command
United States Central Command - Urdu - MacDill Air Force Base, FL - Government Organization | Facebook

Back
Top Bottom