What's new

Pak Army gains excellence in IT

sonicboom

Reaction score

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Army while gaining excellence in information technology has introduced E-Governnance system in all headquarters including General headquarters.

On the directives of Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, not only his office has been interlinked with all headquarters but also E-Governance system has been operationalized in GHQ under foolproof and security proof software, defense sources informed Online on Saturday.

Head and officers working in IT department of Pakistan army played an important role in these endeavors. The newly introduced electronic system in GHQ is akin to international standard and Pentagon, sources said.

Efforts are underway to introduce videoconference facility in GHQ so that Chief of the Army Staff Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani could contact and talks with all corps commanders right from his GHQ office, sources added.

Sources informed that the system has been prepared by Pak Army IT experts, in which security point of view has been given priority so that all the data could remain safe and files could be send through E-Governance system instead of manual system.

On special directives of COAS, IT expert were given special training so that they should not face any problems in conducting the system.

ONLINE - International News Network

Now that is called a good news & i hope soon we will see a Cyber warfare Unit in GHQ.

Now that is called a good news & i hope soon we will see a Cyber warfare Unit in GHQ.

Theres already a cyberwarefare branch at the GHQ or may be in the sugnals setup. It prime task is to moniter the traffic specifically from India.

Well it is very Good and Army has now said :wave::wave: to the old system of keeping record after getting them saved in their computers. GHQ staff has also been properly trained months before. My cousins working in GHQ have completed this training few months back. They said that work load has decreased after all the computers in the GHQ are now connected. No need to go to another office and get the required file. Now you will ask the concerned department and after getting clearance from security, file will be sent to you.

In fact old files have been put on fire. Once my friend nearly escaped fire as he realized that he is in the middle of the fire and to add some more taste to this adventure he had used petrol for burning those files.

Any source??

I have many relatives working there in GHQ. One was even on duty the night when GHQ was attacked.

Only once in a year an employ has a night duty. And his duty came on that day. He first thought that he should not go, but when he approached his officers they said you must be there by time. So he went to GHQ while the residents of the city were staying inside their houses.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Army while gaining excellence in information technology has introduced E-Governnance system in all headquarters including General headquarters.

On the directives of Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, not only his office has been interlinked with all headquarters but also E-Governance system has been operationalized in GHQ under foolproof and security proof software, defense sources informed Online on Saturday.

Head and officers working in IT department of Pakistan army played an important role in these endeavors. The newly introduced electronic system in GHQ is akin to international standard and Pentagon, sources said.

Efforts are underway to introduce videoconference facility in GHQ so that Chief of the Army Staff Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani could contact and talks with all corps commanders right from his GHQ office, sources added.

Sources informed that the system has been prepared by Pak Army IT experts, in which security point of view has been given priority so that all the data could remain safe and files could be send through E-Governance system instead of manual system.

On special directives of COAS, IT expert were given special training so that they should not face any problems in conducting the system.

This is a very good news and step in the right direction.

Its not being made by Army IT officers.
Its being funded by Army.

Well they better have top notch security for it for all the obvious reasons.

Hi
i think GHQ, JS head quarter & ISPR have been using e-governance since last year or may be even before that as i saw those monitors with small data link devices having Sun Micro systems insignia on them.

Its not being made by Army IT officers.
Its being funded by Army.
Hi,
No actually you are wrong my brother who is in signals core has been working on these projects for a long time, Army has a lot of officers specialized in telecommunication.

Back
Top Bottom