What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

As i said else where, PAF can field say five JF-17 for the price of a single Rafale, say a package of four Rafael is sent to attack the Southern sector, the are countered by a multi dimensional defence from Navy and PAF, there is a good chance to neutralise the aggressor, for the same effort PAF can field a dozen or more JF-17, even a 50% attrition would still leave enough firepower to cause some serious damage. What do you say.

Probably we will induct 196 Typhoon or Rafale and you will induct 150 to 200 JF-17. India having force multiplier advantage not Pakistan.

As i said else where, PAF can field say five JF-17 for the price of a single Rafale, say a package of four Rafael is sent to attack the Southern sector, the are countered by a multi dimensional defence from Navy and PAF, there is a good chance to neutralise the aggressor, for the same effort PAF can field a dozen or more JF-17, even a 50% attrition would still leave enough firepower to cause some serious damage. What do you say.

very interesting ... by same logic..
>how many JF 17 does PAF plan to field
Shouldn't IAF assault be fielding 2 a/c for every PAF aircraft? cos we got the numbers

lets try to play with the same numbers what if its 6 packages in the southern sector.. each package with 8 rafales and 6 MKI's what then ... would love to hear your take

Santro I dont care about them being operational or not. When are the MMRCA coming? stick to the topic... IS the MMRCA for the IAF operational or not?[/QUOTE said:
I am sticking with the topic I asked you about the quantity of FC-20 you will be having which you are putting as a defence against MCRA

And if you have gone through my post I did mention that IAF will be confident of MCRA after only 2018-19
Because it will take her time to understand the platform. Already IAF has done extensively evaluation of MCRA on various parameters. Can't say the same about PAF because FC-20 is again not operational

:rofl: epic failure... Defence budget of india is bigger than the whole federal budget of pakistan.

we will have the quantity and quality. we will induct the second best fighter unlike PAf who is making compromises

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan Air Force: 36 on order (As of February 2011) for delivery in 2012, with an eventual requirement for 150

I think J-10 B coming to PAF 2014 onwards but wiki says 2012.

PAF ordered 36 in 2005-6... another sqd in 2011... total number on order as of now is 58...even PShameem has confirmed it... while it would be delivered in a year or too..

We will field 250-300 JF-17 blks!

I am sticking with the topic I asked you about the quantity of FC-20 you will be having which you are putting as a defence against MCRA

And if you have gone through my post I did mention that IAF will be confident of MCRA after only 2018-19
Because it will take her time to understand the platform. Already IAF has done extensively evaluation of MCRA on various parameters. Can't say the same about PAF because FC-20 is again not operational

Ill ask again.. is the MMRCA operational?
If it is NOT operational, then why is the FC-20's operational status a moot point?
The fact (which is btw on the open internet,even on this forum..verified through PhOtOgraphs).. that the J-10B which is to form the basis for the FC-20 is going through the paces.. you ignored as you conveniently posted " FC-20 is not operational only her prototype is flying". So when neither platform is operational. Why is it even a point to make for you? The Fc-20 may not be operational, neither is the MMRCA... case closed.

PAF ordered 36 in 2005-6... another sqd in 2011... total number on order as of now is 58...even PShameem has confirmed it... while it would be delivered in a year or too..

I can assure you that you won't be fielding FC-20 before 2015 -- mark my word.

Reasons

1. PLAAF has her own huge requirement
2. FC-20 is not operational yet
3. as I mentioned earlier after having established assembly lines India will get her first squadron in august 2015

what makes you think that FC-20 will be delivered to pakistan so soon ??

and whats the time frame last i heared someone said paf is not ordering more than 150 JF-17's any way when they will come what will be indian strenth(mki,mig-29UPG,mirage2000UPG+MRCA) thanks .

Ill ask again.. is the MMRCA operational?
If it is NOT operational, then why is the FC-20's operational status a moot point?
The fact (which is btw on the open internet,even on this forum..verified through PhOtOgraphs).. that the J-10B which is to form the basis for the FC-20 is going through the paces.. you ignored as you conveniently posted " FC-20 is not operational only her prototype is flying". So when neither platform is operational. Why is it even a point to make for you? The Fc-20 may not be operational, neither is the MMRCA... case closed.

come on mate --- MCRA is already a established platform -- many airforces around the world using it -- there is no issues with the compability of system-- you are not assembling a PC. let the first operational FC-20 gets induct in PLAAF.

The point I want to make is MCRA will be decided in few month and we will surely have the possession of her in 2015 but can we say the same thing regarding FC_20. NO -- why ?

Considering planned improvements in the JF and the overall PAF "Net".. it may very well be possible that by the time the MMRCA comes into a credible force.. a JF-17 force based in the south , along with the Jacobabad Block 52 sq.. might form a potent force to prevent any IAF force from achieving their objectives. Even with 80% attrition, if the IAF force was unable to get through.. job is done.
The PAF is in a win win situation, basically since it's already well into advance training on the Block-52s, the JF-17s already in squadron service, not to mention polishing up it's skills in the WOT strikes....I say by the time the MMRCA is operational, PAF will be ready and waiting with even more potent systems.

i don't know about 2005 but i heard only 36.

come on mate --- MCRA is already a established platform -- many airforces around the world using it -- there is no issues with the compability of system-- you are not assembling a PC. let the first operational FC-20 gets induct in PLAAF.

The point I want to make is MCRA will be decided in few month and we will surely have the possession of her in 2015 but can we say the same thing regarding FC_20. NO -- why ?

How do you know .. NO??

The PAF is in a win win situation, basically since it's already well into advance training on the Block-52s, the JF-17s already in squadron service, not to mention polishing up it's skills in the WOT strikes....I say by the time the MMRCA is operational, PAF will be ready and waiting with even more potent systems.

Yet its best not to underestimate, it is a good omen that the PAF has had its time with MMRCA contenders. Ironically, those that the PAF had no idea about considering their flight characteristics and known abilities were eliminated(F-18SH,Mig-35).

How do you know .. NO??

As i stated so many times --- let it get first inducted in PLAAF

But I would like to know how can you say that FC-20 will be inducted in PAF within a specified time frame (whatever it is) with SURETY

U didn't tell us about the quantity.

Typhoon and Rafale both are operational aircraft in many airforce. FC-20 is not operational only her prototype is flying

eurofighter came in trenches [trenche3 still not operational?], rafale's initial batch was for a2a and not specialized to a2g at the beginning ,by the same token j10 has come as j10, j10a,and now j10b -- so by saying j10 is not operational is hogwash

the varients are not entirely different fighters which need extra independent 8 years to be produced---remain in the same wt class with some modifications carried out by the same designers team , so the operational experience of the initial model is naturally counted in the development of the next varient

the inital batch might be of 2 or 3 squdrons worth, however the total order of j10 would be higher based on the numbers india inducts at the end

Back
Top Bottom