What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

Because you are trying to convince yourselves, a person with confidence in their capabilities does not need to do that.
Convince others???? May i ask what the heck are we all doing on a discussion forum if not to discuss/share our view points???? How does that means i am rattled???? For every single post of mine some Pakistani friend is showing me the other side of the coin...so does that mean they are trying to convince me which imply they are rattled by India...

Sorry sir...but your logic does not make any sense...

Convince others???? May i ask what the heck are we all doing on a discussion forum if not to discuss/share our view points???? How does that means i am rattled???? For every single post of mine some Pakistani friend is showing me the other side of the coin...so does that mean they are trying to convince me which imply they are rattled by India...

Sorry sir...but your logic does not make any sense...

It does show your rattled, if you were secure in your capability - you would not be showing this level of worry.

It does show your rattled, if you were secure in your capability - you would not be showing this level of worry.
well please consider it as my last reply on this particular topic....Answer my question raised above...what is the use of the discussion forum if you are not going to discuss??? How a discussion amount to being rattled???

Anyways let your rattled friend continue the discussion he was in...In case you have something to debunk his Air-Castle then kindly do so...Otherwise if you can please stay away from the discussion....

I am from Delhi and even in war with Pakistan I will be sitting comfortably in my living room. Because I know PAF can't reach here.. Can any Pakistani sitting in lahore, Karachi or ISB say that????

rafi these nos make indians sleep well

$1.7 trillion
$40 billion

They are

GDP,
military budget this year
Operational su30mki today
Phalcon awacs

I am from Delhi and even in war with Pakistan I will be sitting comfortably in my living room. Because I know PAF can't reach here.. Can any Pakistani sitting in lahore, Karachi or ISB say that????

Bro i am from Lahore...my family has witnessed both 65 and 71 war....even then when ever tention got to the level many times during past years i could not find a single person gettin bothered of it...infact it was like a cricket match for them...your right Pakistan did not reach Delhi or Mumbai in both these wars so you hve no clue what the war is like...

but trust me this time things will be very different...

If anything happens now we will expain you in detail what the war really is....

Well, in point of fact no one can sleep comfortably both in Pakistan and India during wartime, not because of AFs but because of Missiles (possible nukes)

BTW I am sure no Pakistani would prefer sleeping during war, everyone would prefer to advance towards fronts for combat. I will certainly and that's for sure.

As I said it depends on the transistor used yes a GaAs MESFET is used in AESA radars which have the ability to provide power output of about 10W in peak power operating mode... while average power is in between 1-5W.... hence a higher the power you provide the better range you get... that's why the same radar on a F-18 SH would have better range than what is used on F-16 falcon.... some people say that Russians are developing GaAs T/R modules with 15-30 W peak power out puts with average power ratings in between 7-10 W.... what makes the big difference here is the cost of such T/R modules you can add 10 million USD on your current JFT price today if Chinese installs an adequate sized AESA on it.... and that would be for Radar, Mission computers and software only.... but it won't be worth it since the same AESA on a more powerful plane like F-16 or J-10 would provide better results and prove worth spending.... perhaps that's reason why I don't see IAF going for Zhuk AE on the upgraded Mig 29s.

That off course depends on scale costs..
Chinese labor costs are fairly cheap, so material costs come into mind.
There is a particular DSP of US design but reverse engineered by the Chinese ..
The US original would cost me $45 in bulk.. the Chinese version.. costs me $8..
so that 10 million is a little extravagant.. I would suppose 3 million at the max.

Yes we can! you should remember the last time the pride of IAF (SU-30 MKI) violated Pakistan's airspace it got locked by 80's F-16 (P.S we didn't even had Saab 2000 back then)

Grande Strategy

Now its really funny that when some indian optimists talk about M2k (upgraded) and Mig-29 SMT upgrades cuz they have quite some time to go and will be complete by 2013-14 time frame by the time PAF will also have MLU upgrades and JF-17 BLK-II , possibly 18 more block 52's with FC-20's if the insider is correct...
then consider ZDK-03 with FC-20's and JF-17 blk I,II
and SAAB 2000 with 45 MLU upgraded+18 block 52's + 18 more = 81 F-16 Block 50/52's
then consider near 100+ Block I/II JF-17's
and possibly a squadron of FC-20's by 2014
and of course with ground support and C4I
This right here is one heck of a primarily defensive airforce with exceptional goodies and excellent pilots...
this right here is even before the MMRCA inductions start...
after that there is a clear road map for PAF,replacing all the older goodies with JF-17/FC-20 and focusing on the next big thing the J-2X or J-XX

Also in an Indo-PAK situation China will easily play a part , even if China doesn't attack directly or gives open support to pakistan ,even then IAF will have to put some squadrons on the chinese border cuz there is freaking big airforce armed with high tech goodies at the other side
Its better to be safe than sorry...:wave:

Well, in point of fact no one can sleep comfortably both in Pakistan and India during wartime, not because of AFs but because of Missiles (possible nukes)

BTW I am sure no Pakistani would prefer sleeping during war, everyone would prefer to advance towards fronts for combat. I will certainly and that's for sure.

I think you didn't get my point....I was talking abt capabilities of AFs. Here people say PAF is defensive force and will only fight in their backyard. However IAF being aggressive force will go for deep strike knowing PAF inability to strike back. Even if PAF decide to respond the same way...loses will be huge.

Yes we can! you should remember the last time the pride of IAF (SU-30 MKI) violated PAF airspace it got locked by 80's F-16 (P.S we didn't even had Saab 2000 back then)
Grande Strategy

Now its really funny that when some indian optimists talk about M2k (upgraded) and Mig-29 SMT upgrades,they have some time to go and will be complete by 2013-14 time frame by the time PAF will also have MLU upgrades and JF-17 BLK-II , possibly 18 more block 52's with FC-20's if the insider is correct...
then consider ZDK-03 with FC-20's and JF-17 blk I,II with FC-20 and SAAB 2000 with
45 MLU upgraded+18 block 52's + 18 more = 81 F-16 Block 50/52's
then consider near 100+ Block I/II JF-17's
and possibly a squadron of FC-20's by 2014
and of course SAAb-2000 with ground support and C4I
This right here is one heck of a primarily defensive airforce with exceptional goodies and excellent pilots...
this right here is even before the MMRCA inductions start...
after that there is a clear road map for PAF,replacing all the older goodies with JF-17/FC-20 and focusing on the next big thing the J-2X or J-XX

Also in an Indo-PAK situation China will easily play a part , even if China doesn't attack directly or gives open support to pakistan ,even then IAF will have to put some squadrons on the chinese border cuz there is freaking big airforce armed with high tech goodies at the other side
Its better to be safe than sorry...:wave:

Please show some proof of what you are saying from any neutral source. And you really think when IAF will attack it will do with two fighters. It will be a massive attack using whatever we have at our disposal from Land and Sea.

Secondly....the worst thing you can do to your country is relying on other countries in wartime. Also keep in mind India's friend list is longer than Pakistan's

SF, Darky, deckingraj,kaykay,majesticpankaj!

So when IAF is going to attack? LOLz. We know how many MMRCA there would be, how many MKIs would be there and how much force mutliplier would be fielded... But let me ask you something. Back in 2001, PAF was in even worse state than it is today ( no awacs, no Thunder, no block-52, no BVR) but still we know the fate of operation Para Karam. Then came 2008, not even force deployment of forces on the border...All that hoopla of surgical strike ended at great laughter.... What i am want to ask is WHY IAF WAS NOT ABLE TO STRIKE PAKISTAN?

Now please don't tell me that deciding a war was a political decision which Delhi didn't made. Because if that is your answer, believe you me due to the same reason Indian political leaders would not make a war decision in future too!

As far as MRCA is concerned, let the first squadron arrive in 2014-15 you would see a response ready.

I think you didn't get my point....I was talking abt capabilities of AFs. Here people say PAF is defensive force and will only fight in their backyard. However IAF being aggressive force will go for deep strike knowing PAF inability to strike back. Even if PAF decide to respond the same way...loses will be huge.

If you guys are ever going into Pakistani airspace now or in the future, it'll be a real hornet's nest.

I completely gleaned your point - If PAF was aggressive in its doctrine then I would have definitely mentioned it in the reply to your previous post.

I cant understand what makes you guys to think that a defensive AF cant defend her territories and will allow IAF to roam freely in her airspace. PAF follows a doctrine that defines purely defensive strategy, all her moves are in accordance to her doctrine.

However IAF being aggressive force will go for deep strike knowing PAF inability to strike back. Even if PAF decide to respond the same way

Sorry I couldn't get your logic here..... When an AF is designed for a defence purpose only then what it has to do with striking back? FYI this is not an inability of PAF

The PAF strategy is defensive/offence..... more losses are always suffered by the attacking force. In a full blown war, PAF will not merely fight in it's back yard rather it will strive to take the war to it's enemy. And what makes you think that the strikes will only be conducted by aircrafts....ballistic and cruise missiles have now added a new dimension to any future war.

Back
Top Bottom