What's new

PAF Wins award at RIAT 2016

:hitwall: Not the bunny salute! Why do people from south asia always do the bunny salute :bunny:
Over 200 aircraft from 50 nations participated in the competition with PAF stealing the limelight and winning the top prize.....does calls for a little victory salute don't you think. !!!

The presentation within the aircraft was the reason why the PAF won. There was a lot - from the efforts of the armed forces in FATA over the years to their future technology aspirations (e.g. using UAVs to drop small smart munitions).

After representing Pakistan and picking up the first prize, the specially painted PAF C-130 left for home but before flying off, the pilots gave the spectators a treat of their low flying skills.

28153842722_a1322e8702_h.jpg

27633585633_e8aed12ab2_k.jpg

27628943644_bbbdc40580_k.jpg

Nice for the international attention, but a beautiful air tattoo is not gonna win any wars. Prioritize.
PS: looks really cool tho.

Nice for the international attention, but a beautiful air tattoo is not gonna win any wars. Prioritize.
PS: looks really cool tho.
True but the masters of the game taught us about "hearts and minds". It is a very important lesson, one which we have ignored so far to our peril. We need to put our narrative forward by any means available to us and gain sympathy world wide. The WOT is a continuing game and all that we hear is "do more". When is someone going to tell the world "we have done a lot!!! So shut up."
A

True but the masters of the game taught us about "hearts and minds". It is a very important lesson, one which we have ignored so far to our peril. We need to put our narrative forward by any means available to us and gain sympathy world wide. The WOT is a continuing game and all that we hear is "do more". When is someone going to tell the world "we have done a lot!!! So shut up."
A
Getting sympathy world wide is a joke and an illusion. I live in Europe, i can tell you one thing: muslims are the most hated people in the world, and pakistanis are the most hated muslims (keep in mind i'm talking about the opinion of government officials, "normal" people where i live are very friendly and nice). When the time comes we won't get any sympathy from the world, it's all politics. The west doesnt want to see a muslim superpower emerge and succeed. Do you think that C130 just teleported into the UK, no it probably cost 10's of thousands of dollars just for kerosine. Not to mention the costs of travel for around 10+ individuals. That's money that could better be spent on a million other things. That's why i said: prioritize.

Painting based upon Op Zarb-e-Azb which itself is a story of success, dedication, hard work and sacrifices yet rightly represented in the airshow. Win win at the both moments. Congrats team Pakistan.

Pakistan zindabad.

Getting sympathy world wide is a joke and an illusion. I live in Europe, i can tell you one thing: muslims are the most hated people in the world, and pakistanis are the most hated muslims (keep in mind i'm talking about the opinion of government officials, "normal" people where i live are very friendly and nice). When the time comes we won't get any sympathy from the world, it's all politics. The west doesnt want to see a muslim superpower emerge and succeed. Do you think that C130 just teleported into the UK, no it probably cost 10's of thousands of dollars just for kerosine. Not to mention the costs of travel for around 10+ individuals. That's money that could better be spent on a million other things. That's why i said: prioritize.
You are entitled to your opinion. I dont exactly live in Changa Manga either but my experience is different. A lot of us are contributing to the progress of EU and there is now a lot of acceptance of the problems facing Muslims and Pakistan both at official and personal levels. When you have pathetic leadership who can not string a couple of sentences together and are known only for how corrupt they are it is not an image Pakistan should be presenting. I disagree that we should just cower down and not do anything. Instead we should shout out as loudly as we can to anyone who cares to listen. Please remember opinions take time changing and one can only try his/her hardest. Beyond that are factors over which we will have no control but to give up without trying is not the right approach.
A

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion. I dont exactly live in Changa Manga either but my experience is different. A lot of us are contributing to the progress of EU and there is now a lot of acceptance of the problems facing Muslims and Pakistan both at official and personal levels. When you have pathetic leadership who can not string a couple of sentences together and are known only for how corrupt they are it is not an image Pakistan should be presenting. I disagree that we should just cower down and not do anything. Instead we should shout out as loudly as we can to anyone who cares to listen. Please remember opinions take time changing and one can only try his/her hardest. Beyond that are factors over which we will have no control but to give up without trying is not the right approach.
A
I respect your opinion. To me it's just unclear what the objective and motive is here? What are we trying to achieve? These kind of "image improving projects" don't change strategic geopolitical alliances and relations. We, however, can change the entire game once we improve the internal situation, namely tackling the problem of corruption and instability.

I like it too bhai sahab, but i like

I respect your opinion. To me it's just unclear what the objective and motive is here? What are we trying to achieve? These kind of "image improving projects" don't change strategic geopolitical alliances and relations. We, however, can change the entire game once we improve the internal situation, namely tackling the problem of corruption and instability.
A lot of perception externally comes from the dross fed to the masses by the media. The only response to this is to avail any opportunity to gain media attention internationally. The work has been done and responsible entities should get necessary exposure and accolade firstly for their continued effort and secondly for the country's image. As to geopolitical dynamics and corruption it is not going to change overnight but we need to be plugging away. As I said before----" HEARTS AND MINDS".
There is no denying the isolation we are being subjected to. Economic factors along with corruption are equally responsible along with law and order. The three are interlinked in many ways and need resolution. This is where the problem lies. We need support from the world to overcome our shortcomings. For this we need positive projection in the media as well as in the minds of the populace.
This is where events like these link in. The show that was put on with the presentation is a powerful tool in presenting our narrative. If we grab the attention now we will continue to have better audience progressively.
A

Sir were the Tattoos painted on the Charile or were those pasted through some adhesive type of stuff?

@Windjammer

Wonder how and why did they pick up the award. ..... or perhaps you should advise them with your marketing skills.
I think they won award not just for the tattoo but also for presenting the WoT in a way which western media failed to present. There's a whole ethos behind it and Goras are not that easily impressed.
I have a question though it sound silly at this stage...can it has a bearing on the decision to choose EFT-2000 or Su-35 ?

Back
Top Bottom