What's new

PAF Should Go For The F 35---A Coupe De Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great dreams Mastan. Now you have become a Mastana :)

With warming relations between India and US and Pakistan going under the influence of China, this is not happening
Exactly,Pakistan must target J-31,If possibly JV with China just like JF-17 and produce more then 100 planes.
Wil be cheap and will have export potential.

Hi,

After much thought and deliberation---I have come to the conclusion that PAF should change gears in mid stream and go for a 2 Sqdrn strength of the F 35 initially.

They should drop the idea for the SU35 or the J11D and go for the JH7B with the upgraded engine and aesa radar.

But the key over here is the F35----. With the procurement of this aircraft---it can bring some balance to the fire fight and have some strength at its disposal to maintain and manage an aggressive and a defensive power stance---.

This is an unconventional approach to the problem at hand---. Go for the 5th gen aircraft first and then go back to the 4--- 4.5 gen aircraft---.

It will also give it enough time to develop the JF 17 blk 3 as well.

There are a couple of things that have changed-----. @Zarvan brought my attention to a thread started by Usama---I believe---regarding the F15 Silent eagle----with a new configuration of 16 BVR missiles on the wings and underbody with conformal fuel tanks designed by Boeing believe.

The F 15 would be guided by the F22 and the F 35 towards the target---the same can be done with the JF 17's. If it can be designed to carry 6 BVR missiles---then you have taken care of some of the problems facing the air defense of the country.

By going for the F 35---you are going to take the initiative away from the enemy. If it was me----I would rather have 2 sqdrn's of F35's than 4 sqdrn's of J11d's or SU35's.

You guys are being upset at why this change in game plan----why d I keep bringing different scenarios-----. I guess you people might come across some news in the near or distant future.

So---til then--- I am not going to say anything else---. Just wanted to let you guys know---if India was a litte more aggressive last year---the deal for the J10B's was done----.

To those who are roaming around the air force bases----please look for 2 of them------.

Sir with all due respect you have been critical of f16 because of kill swithces and us being un trust worthy I think the situation is still the same the country which is not allowing aesa for f16 and aim9x and recently signed a defence agreement with India this idea is absolutely out of the wuiestion our only option is f35 turkish tfx has a long way to go and j20cant be exported

One problem with your comment, Pakistan is very much a part of the Asian pivote. The US cannot afford to ignore Pakistan, as it would just give China more room to expand. This is why we are seeing the US come back to Pakistan.

Can you explain how us is comming back to pakistan ,congress stopping funding of f16s indicates you us is comming closer ?

Why not? Things change all the time in international geopolitics. Who knows Pakistan might be offered F-35s for free if such a deal serves US national interests in the future?

Lol f35 for free ,,joke of the century award goes to elite member

Believe it or not, a couple of years ago, if you were to go to any large defense expo in the Western world, LM had a marketing list giving you "future client" names. Pakistan was listed on it, for year 2025. Now, that list has changed and Pakistan is nowhere to be found.

But if Pakistan grows her economy, and gets to a 1.5 - 2 Trillion worth of economy, I don't think getting F-35 (a couple of squadrons) would be a big deal. By 2025, this would be 2 decade older tech. The catch would be if India would be buying these too (more than likely they will and they will get a license to produce them inside India). But like the poster above says, if the US interests allowF-35 to be sold, then it will be sold :enjoy:.

But what everyone should and would want to focus on, is to grow Pakistan to a point where it can have her own Stealth platform, a thriving economy, no terrorism and modernization everywhere. Then, for your own program, you can get tech from any Western country. As long as there is no dictatorship, terrorism and intolerance, I don't think it would be an issue. This would also free Pakistan from any acquisitions from external countries and give her self reliance. Which is very critical. Pakistan is number 26th per the GDP evaluation and the French are 10th, while Population wise, Pakistan is 6th and the French are at number 20!!!!! So Pakistan has a MUCH larger potential then the French if the economy was improved. So, you could be making your own line of Jets like the French have been. Just need stability and economic growth and NO political unrest or drama!!

They would not just offer them for free but also deliver them and then say do you need more .... You have to look at South Korea... Morocco...Egypt deals to understand US interests.
If you remember the Israeli deal for the F-16's and the latest F-35 offer. These deals with Israel are special because they came in as the countries refused to procure more F-35's so Israel was offered 70...

Can you explain how us is comming back to pakistan ,congress stopping funding of f16s indicates you us is comming closer ?
Despite the F-16 debacle, the US is still subsidizing other military equipment for Pakistan, such as the MaxxPros (which Pakistan is buying in large numbers).

It's worth noting that the US government was FOR subsidizing the F-16s and continues to want to sell them to Pakistan (despite the offer expiring), it was congress (notably for right republicans such as Corker) that blocked the deal. The blocking of the deal was most likely a political ploy, due to it being an election season, as stopping Obama's foreign policy from functioning would give republicans a strategic advantage going into election season.

After the elections are over, we'll likely see relations become normal again, no matter whom comes into power.

That's not true, Stealth just reduces RCS, doesn't make fighter invisible to radar. It's all about how potent your radar is and it processing power. I am not making this 1:3 and 1:30 kill ratio from ace combat. I am rephrasing interview of USAF top brass that I saw few months ago.
Like I said before, anyother fighter may stand a chance to detect F-22 but that too at very close range. However, F-22 can still track the opponent at long range and launch an AMRAAM. So F-22 always has a choice, take a salvo shot and go back for rearming or engage at short rangers with AIM-9X or gun. Other fighters don't have this liberty.

F35 OR F16 the behave of US will be the same for ever, today congress stop F16 ,tomorrow it will stop F35.

All the people Considering J-31 answer my one question:
Do you Guys really think that J-31 can counter Sukhoi PAK T-50 FA?
@Zibago

I guess we don't need US equipment anymore. Why not Su-35?

We all know F35s control will remain in the hands of US as F-16 control is. We should focus on acquiring Su-35 and invest money on our JF-17s to make it a mainstream fighter jet.

I feel it is the right time to invest in JF-17s to make it better than f-16s.

Aren't we already making our own 5th gen fighter? I heard they just started designing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom