What's new

PAF - PLAAF Exercise Shaheen VIII 2019 l 23rd August- China

Once again,

Good to be back.

Exercise Shaheen VIII is to be held later this year. Currently the AHQ is deliberating on the location of the exercise.

JF-17s, J-10s, J-11s, JH-7s, Mirages, and F-7s will be going head to head.

Stay tuned.
Will the invitation be extended to any other airforce in addition to PLAAF?

@airomerix could you give us some stories of how the exercise in Turkey went? How did the JFT perform against the F-15s and other aircraft?

Hi,

A lot of members have previously tagged me with the same question.

The truth is that results of any exercise are classified. You will never hear that xyz country or unit outperformed abc country/unit. In the history only Indians have been doing that.

In a nutshell, JF-17s have performed very well. The foreign pilots enjoyed it more because flying DACT is always a thrill. And everyone was looking forward to see what JF-17 has in store.

IF some the details are cleared as unclassified. I will release them. For now lets go by the book.

Last edited:
Hi,

The truth is that results of any exercise are classified. You will never hear that xyz country or unit outperformed abc country/unit. In the history only Indians have been doing that.

In a nutshell, JF-17s have performed very well. The foreign pilots enjoyed it more because flying DACT is always a thrill. And everyone was looking forward to see what JF-17 has in store.

IF some the details are cleared as unclassified. I will release them. For now lets go by the book.
Good. Do not reveal any classified info on any of these forums. I should remind all members about the latest developments. Recently a civilian, a general were given death sentence for leaking certain classified info.

Last edited:
Not going to happen, no Y-20 as they are still in initial deployment phase and what role would they play ? troop / equipment transport ? J-20 ? if they do participate, will only happen on home ( Chinese ) soil, PLAAF will not deploy them abroad for exercise or anything else, least not yet.

Hi,

Thank you, yes I definitely would say don't give away anything. If JFT performed well, that is a big piece of info for me as is.

Once again,

Good to be back.

Exercise Shaheen VIII is to be held later this year. Currently the AHQ is deliberating on the location of the exercise.

JF-17s, J-10s, J-11s, JH-7s, Mirages, and F-7s will be going head to head.

Stay tuned.
Im confused man, in one thread you said its TuAF, EAF, RAF etc and this one is PLAAF? Different exercises?

Back
Top Bottom