What's new

PAF locked on 9 shoot only two...PAF official....0n 27 Feb....

Once I found out we could have shot down much more but our Politicians the president or PM whomever had only authorized to shoot only one down, My heart broke into 9 different pieces. PAF would have dominated the Asian skies and IAF would be in a dumpster fire.

Once upon a time Some one from PAF told me that when we had F-16's and no BVR (somewhere around the late 1990 or early 2000 or whenever there was an F-16 squadron at KAMRA) an Indian fighter had entered Pakistan airspace flying low level, Pilot engaged in a dogfight and was able to lock bogey with aim-9L/P and was not given permission too shoot the intruder (Imagine spending Millions of dollars on training/tactics, equipment and so on just to be denied shoot authorization). After the pilot landed and the ground, crew went to service the jet but the pilot jumped out of the f-16 threw his helmet on the ground and was in total disbelief and absolutely lost his trust (higher ups) and IDK what happened after that.
In the early 90s, there was a 14 sqn Viper on the tail of an IAF MiG-25 that had entered the airspace. While awaiting orders, never got the call to engage, either way he switched to hot, the MiG's RWR started and the Indian ran away.

I asked a serving pilot about it. He also said they also wanted that more jets should had been shot down but then realised that what decision taken was right.

A warrior on the front is not a decision maker nor bothers with strategic plans and games. Fighter takes orders and will never hesitate to take on an enemy as it is in blood of a warrior to do. People on backhand, the decision makers do know more than the warrior on front, therefore, these fights requires coordination & chain of command. In the battle field that too on front; adrenaline rushes for us especially when it is India on other side hence, always a wish to continue like no other dya. Otherwise, a lone warrior would have been sent to kill & kill and die or whatever he thinks fit to do... .but that's the unprofessional way.

Yes, on that day everyone flying up there wanted to beat the heck out of enemy but then again, as realized as well; there are several aspects & many reasons to do it in a controlled manner especially since there was no full fledged war. IAF tried to show muscle but failed. PAF in retaliation showed the muscle & beat them accordingly... message delivered and first half won.

I can only assume IMF had declared bombing India as Haram.

That should not come out in public. The government is a security risk under IMF mediated PM Niazi

Little correction ....This govt. is less security risk under IMF as compared to PLMN & PPP previous govts.

Bombing Indians was become haram when one PM rushed to Washington and asked Clinton to intervene...when we were pounding loads In kargil sector....

Where do we stand? Few stand at the point like "I am right because its about me & me only" and other few stands at a point that "we are doomed because we exposed too much of ourselves" and the rest of the men are busy with routine & polishing skills further while spectating with smile from distance & says "the world doesn't ends here & commoners will never know". The permission to shoot wasn't just a phone call decision but professionals do know as when, where, what & why to shoot. There are lot of factors when we are the part of this world and that comes with responsibility as well, hence, one cannot go gun blazing. ROEs, diplomatic gains, respecting settled laws & above all; the resolve for peace while beating enough your rival. We shown one of our skills and forces do not just call it exposed to enemy. It was like a starter trick. The box is full of surprises otherwise, an extremist mind enemy like Modi would have already pulled another stunt within months.

Sir,

What a bunch of bull---crap--. It sounds like the Ayub Khan moment when china asked pakistan to invade Kashmir and take it and Ayub Khan said the same thing---.

Oh wow---what a statement ---.

Little correction ....This govt. is less security risk under IMF as compared to PLMN & PPP previous govts.

Bombing Indians was become haram when one PM rushed to Washington and asked Clinton to intervene...when we were pounding loads In kargil sector....

But PMLN and PPP are more established thanks to IMF puppet than ever before.

So thats considered evidence? If IAF chief mistakenly says PAF shot down 10 IAF fighters on 27th feb does that make it reality? NO! because their is no evidence supporting it! What Gafoor did was a mistake which he cleared with explanation.
All of abhi's missiles were recovered with serial numbers that can be traced back to IAF inventory.
Sir, he said pilot died on 29th February. If it was on the same day it can be a mistake, but even after 2 days? Initially said 3 pilots 1 in custody, 2 in area. Later he says 1 in custody, 1 in hospital. 29th he says, the pilot in hospital has died, but astonishingly nobody asks about the identity of the dead pilot. The doctors and other staff in hospital would definitely know and some or all of you guys might be knowing, but don't want yo bring the truth out.
I am not saying gor sure IAF shot it down, can be a fracticide too.

A warrior on the front is not a decision maker nor bothers with strategic plans and games. Fighter takes orders and will never hesitate to take on an enemy as it is in blood of a warrior to do. People on backhand, the decision makers do know more than the warrior on front, therefore, these fights requires coordination & chain of command. In the battle field that too on front; adrenaline rushes for us especially when it is India on other side hence, always a wish to continue like no other dya. Otherwise, a lone warrior would have been sent to kill & kill and die or whatever he thinks fit to do... .but that's the unprofessional way.

Yes, on that day everyone flying up there wanted to beat the heck out of enemy but then again, as realized as well; there are several aspects & many reasons to do it in a controlled manner especially since there was no full fledged war. IAF tried to show muscle but failed. PAF in retaliation showed the muscle & beat them accordingly... message delivered and first half won.

Hi,

Just because you are a moderator here---don't bull sh-it.

Paf fighter pilots have always been decision makers---so are the israeli american british---because the situation has been discussed prior to flight.

When going in the hot zone---all aspects of combat are pre planned and situational awareness and actions pre-determined---.

This was not a peace time incursion mr THE EAGLE---this was a war scenario---.

Paf went in for the strike and attacked enemy targets---. When you go in for a strike in enemy territory---all conditions are discussed and planned before hand---.

If they were not---then that is also the failure of the Paf---.

This was not a peace time flight that a permission would be needed to engage---.

Learn to differentiate---.

Sir, he said pilot died on 29th February. If it was on the same day it can be a mistake, but even after 2 days? Initially said 3 pilots 1 in custody, 2 in area. Later he says 1 in custody, 1 in hospital. 29th he says, the pilot in hospital has died, but astonishingly nobody asks about the identity of the dead pilot. The doctors and other staff in hospital would definitely know and some or all of you guys might be knowing, but don't want yo bring the truth out.
I am not saying gor sure IAF shot it down, can be a fracticide too.

He never said that pilot died in "hospital".

yeh tu hey sir.

ye baghdad nahi hai jahan apko pichle badshah ki burai karke hi rasai milni hai...

the fact of the matter is PTI and Imran Khan sought peace repeatedly with the Nazis for promise of economic growth.

He never said that pilot died in "hospital".
I have heard the audio, in a TV channel interview on 29th he clearly said pilot in hospital has died, the video was in YouTube too.I will have to find the link. Don't know if it has been removed. Thousands heard it though.

I have heard the audio, in a TV channel interview on 29th he clearly said pilot in hospital has died, the video was in YouTube too.I will have to find the link. Don't know if it has been removed. Thousands heard it though.

If India has all her pilots accounted for, why does it bother you then?

ye baghdad nahi hai jahan apko pichle badshah ki burai karke hi rasai milni hai...

the fact of the matter is PTI and Imran Khan sought peace repeatedly with the Nazis for promise of economic growth.
Don't bring political crap again and again in this thread, if similar situation can be occurred in PLM-N/PPP terms what would happen,i am sure no retaliation by Pakistan by plm-n/ppp govts

If India has all her pilots accounted for, why does it bother you then?
Wasn't related to any botheration, but somebody asked of any evidence of F16 shot down. If you look at DG Ispr's statements, he gave better evidence than IAF. Definitely there was another pilot who has died in the skirmish and the plane he flew was the other plane which has come down. If all of you pretend to not understand this, then there is no point. Ispr repeatedly said of other pilot even after 2 days and backtracked completely suggesting it was a Pakistani plane. F16 or Mirage 3 I don't know.

You are mistaken. He only said that second pilot died, implying that he died in SU30 crash inside IoJK. This program, as far as I remember, was on March 2 or 3, and not in Feb.

I will give you complete detail of DG(ISPR) communication, by tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom