What's new

PAF F16 Crash: Former Hornet and Viper pilot shares his views

when the death come which is written in your destiny thing like this happen his time was written .and ALLAH TOOK HIM .

Well the difference in elevation of Sargodha and ISB is 1000 feet. Can we consider this as a potential error???

Hi,

But at what location in islamabad---there are many small hills in the area---. General viccinity of sargodha is flat---and hill in the area---.

Do you think that small hills---100 ft elevation or 200 ft elevation are not an issue---they are the biggest problem---.

That is why you see aerobatics teams performing in pretty flat areas---if there are surrounding mountains---they keep away from them---or the minimal depth they will fly at would be a safe distance above the mountain---.

That is why they make training runs---. Professionals make mistakes---like the F16 in USA---pretty simple regular aerobatic routine---but the minimal altitude was not adjusted to compensate for the elevation of the locale which was a 1000 ft higher than the previous place---.

When making a move---the pilot is looking at his guages and input from the team leader---his guage showed 1000 ft left for the aircraft to move around but actually that was the ground and the aircraft pan caked into the ground---.

The pilot had the presence of mind to eject---our guy did not eject---he should have---alive he was worth a sqdrn of aircrafts---now an aircraft is destroyed and a sqdrn of aircraft are gone---.

Yes it's approximately 1000feet. Sargodha is 190m (617.5ft) and Islamabad is 540m (1755ft)

Every one can make an error. But he was way too good for making an altitude error.

Hi,

But t hat is not the case of here---.

Altitude in islamabad at different locations is different---. You go into the hilly areas and the altitude would jump up by 200---300---500 feet just like that---.

The pilot supposedly missed flying away by maybe a 100 ft---.

It was the location where he ended up where he should not have---he bottomed out too low---he should never have been that low.

We need to take this opportunity to put an end to using fighter jets for aerobic shows so that politicians can feel gods of country.
politicians are trash and army shall treat them as such.

I don't understand why some members make it their sacred duty to second-guess and non-constructively criticise fighter pilots on matters heavy in technicality without presenting any proof of their own "accomplishments." It is all well and good to have constructive discussions but the difference between that and cuntish second-guessing lies in one's tone, and accepting the idea that our knowledge is limited because we have no personal experience in these matters. @MastanKhan, I'm looking at you here; please remind me how many times you have flown a F16 or any fighter jet for that matter.

I don't understand why some members make it their sacred duty to second-guess and non-constructively criticise fighter pilots on matters heavy in technicality without presenting any proof of their own "accomplishments." It is all well and good to have constructive discussions but the difference between that and cuntish second-guessing lies in one's tone, and accepting the idea that our knowledge is limited because we have no personal experience in these matters. @MastanKhan, I'm looking at you here; please remind me how many times you have flown a F16 or any fighter jet for that matter.

Hi,

Drink your milk---make sure to brush your teeth and go to bed early---.

Hi,

But at what location in islamabad---there are many small hills in the area---. General viccinity of sargodha is flat---and hill in the area---.

Do you think that small hills---100 ft elevation or 200 ft elevation are not an issue---they are the biggest problem---.

That is why you see aerobatics teams performing in pretty flat areas---if there are surrounding mountains---they keep away from them---or the minimal depth they will fly at would be a safe distance above the mountain---.

That is why they make training runs---. Professionals make mistakes---like the F16 in USA---pretty simple regular aerobatic routine---but the minimal altitude was not adjusted to compensate for the elevation of the locale which was a 1000 ft higher than the previous place---.

When making a move---the pilot is looking at his guages and input from the team leader---his guage showed 1000 ft left for the aircraft to move around but actually that was the ground and the aircraft pan caked into the ground---.

The pilot had the presence of mind to eject---our guy did not eject---he should have---alive he was worth a sqdrn of aircrafts---now an aircraft is destroyed and a sqdrn of aircraft are gone---.

Hi,

Altitude in islamabad at different locations is different---. You go into the hilly areas and the altitude would jump up by 200---300---500 feet just like that---.

It was the location where he ended up where he should not have---he bottomed out too low---he should never have been that low.
I know that. It's quite visible in the video.

Very brave and daring stunt practice by the PAF pilot. It is truly unfortunate that he died and commendable that he chose safety of people on land over his own life. I hope that his family finds support and is able to recover from this tragic loss.

Hi,

Hi,

Agreed with the point that he should have ejected. Aircarfts can be bought, experiences pilots are worth far more than an aircraft.

But at the same time can you fault the pilot for trying to save civilians till the very last second? The way i i see it that he gave his life trying to protect others. It is sad but accidents do happen. May Allah rest his soul in peace.

Agreed with the point that he should have ejected. Aircarfts can be bought, experiences pilots are worth far more than an aircraft.

But at the same time can you fault the pilot for trying to save civilians till the very last second? The way i i see it that he gave his life trying to protect others. It is sad but accidents do happen. May Allah rest his soul in peace.

Sir,

I absolutely have no qualms with trying to save the civilians.

But at this time of war---where is the Paf going to replace a talented wing commander who is a professional---who is able---who is capable---who excels at his job---who knows how to lead men and fight the enemy---.

Looks like the percentage of our pilots dying with the aircrafts is very high under the crash circumstances---.

Sir,

I absolutely have no qualms with trying to save the civilians.

But at this time of war---where is the Paf going to replace a talented wing commander who is a professional---who is able---who is capable---who excels at his job---who knows how to lead men and fight the enemy---.

Looks like the percentage of our pilots dying with the aircrafts is very high under the crash circumstances---.
Absolutely agree with your point. Even if there is no war, a human life is far more precious than even the more expensive aircraft in the world.

Sad news. RIP to the pilot. This is why Pakistan is transitioning from US supplier to Chinese supplier. JF-17 Block 3 should replace F-16 in PAF ASAP.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom