10 more F16 C/D bought

8 are now in on table but in dispute

So total F16

45 x MLU
13 ex Jordan
18 New
10 New

Total 86 units if we get 8 more new will be 94 units

Question is why PAF is going to upgrade entire fleet they only need to MLU 13 units in my opinion
kindly elaborate -- the 10 new c/d

Ustas Ji the sanctioned ones that were returned.. The ones whose pics you posted etc..

when the jets were sanctioned 28 were ready to deliver . in 2002 US gov divide 14 USAF USN 14 units .
USAF agreed in 2004 and delivered first 4 units at June 28, 2008 and then 8 more on 28 July 2008 and final two units on dec 2011. case closed . USN refused to release thier 14 . but last year two of 1992 made birds fly to pakistan but i am not sure whom were they belong serial numbers show they were from USN 416 FLTS 'ED'
serial number 92731
and
serial number 92622

ustad ji USAF have delivered 14 and two unclear whom delivered that is it

which 10 janab ? there were no delivery of any 10 jets in my knowledge sir .not at all .

it was pakistan want 10 f-16 not delivered sir
http://www.janes.com/article/58678/pakistan-looks-to-buy-another-10-f-16s

then we make it 8 and then 8 also went to drain

imran, you are having a bad influence on new members by posting in urdu
MkDvK6B.jpg
15714154-Sorry-smiley-illustration-Stock-Vector-not.jpg

on topic there were no 10 block 52 sir it was just a request and then we reduced the request to 8 and that 8 blocked by congroos hahahah

Last edited:

My bad I was referring to the 8 recently approved by congress which the senate tried to block we haven't "bought" them yet but approved

Then the 10 remaining out of the second lot of 18

So yes you are correct out of the original 36 new we have only 18 operational

The next 18 are awaiting with 8 approved but financing remains to be seen

I hope eventually we get all 36 new units in my opinion we should have ordered all 36 rather than splitting the order 18/18 and waiting for US policy towards us change

My bad I was referring to the 8 recently approved by congress which the senate tried to block we haven't "bought" them yet but approved

I hope eventually we get all 36 new units in my opinion we should have ordered all 36 rather than splitting the order 18/18 and waiting for US policy towards us change
we should not get a single f-16 more and come out of this f-16 hysteria its 2016 sir not 1980 please .world have moved a generation ahead now

we should not get a single f-16 more and come out of this f-16 hysteria its 2016 sir not 1980 please .world have moved a generation ahead now

There is no aircraft that provides the capability the F16 C/D does right now to PAF not even JF-17 Block II maybe not even block III

There is no aircraft that provides the capability the F16 C/D does right now to PAF not even JF-17 Block II maybe not even block III
on which price ? yesterday openly defense minister said US is blackmailing us over F-16

100 million US$ will be for upgrade services, while AESA radar and other associated equipment should be procured from USA through FMS (From the F-16 money).

Hi,

whatever numbers were left of the second lot----paf let that deal expire----.

So---those aircraft or that approval became null and void.

You are correct---we should have found a way to get those 36 at the same time---.

Nobody has said much on the issue officially but i think PAF strategically reduced the numbers of 16s from 36 to 18. I cant give you any tangible reason but just like most of us PAF has remained unsure about the length and continuity of the F16s support programme. It seemed it decided to keep the 16s as a bonus and the last deal for 8 F16s was initially heavily subsidized allowing PAF to get the 16s for nearly the price of a Bl.3 JFT. Once the funding did not amterialize we decided not to avail the option.
I still think we will reach the magic number of 100 with the 16s as wew have the infrastructure fot them. The spares will be maintained abundantly and in case of sanctions we will survive on cannibalization. If you follow this logic then 2 questions arise:
A. Why did the PAF go for just 18 Bl. 52s?
B. what is their backup plan? They have to have one.
It seems the PAF feels it has some time on its hand to either develop JFT to a standard where it can hold its own and then wait for a fifth generation fighter from China. This has been facilitated by the typical lapsidaisical way in which the Indians have persued the Rafale deal. However, I dont see anty other acquisitions in the interim due to financial and cpability constriants.People talking of the SU series need to understand the difficulties in integrating it into our current C41 system, and the need to integrate a whole new inventory of spares and ammo. There does not appear to be a suitable offering of a twin engined or solitary engined medium range fighter.EU offerings if at all will be prone to the same sanctions which would affect our F16s fleet.
A

I still believe that PAF will manage to get 18 more Blk50/52 and 18 more Blk15 which will be upgraded by MLU package.
It will bring total F16 inventory to 110, enough to raise 6 Squadrons.
We can revive Squadron 2 & Squadron 21 and arm them with F16s increasing the size of PAF to 20 combat squadrons.
While Jf17 will remain there to replace legacy aircraft.
In recent interview, ACM Sohail Awan was very positive regarding F16 deal. And of course we will be pulling our own strings to materialize this deal despite of "fact" that NO Letter of acceptance was submitted by PAF before due date.

Nobody has said much on the issue officially but i think PAF strategically reduced the numbers of 16s from 36 to 18. I cant give you any tangible reason but just like most of us PAF has remained unsure about the length and continuity of the F16s support programme. It seemed it decided to keep the 16s as a bonus and the last deal for 8 F16s was initially heavily subsidized allowing PAF to get the 16s for nearly the price of a Bl.3 JFT. Once the funding did not amterialize we decided not to avail the option.
I still think we will reach the magic number of 100 with the 16s as wew have the infrastructure fot them. The spares will be maintained abundantly and in case of sanctions we will survive on cannibalization. If you follow this logic then 2 questions arise:
It seems the PAF feels it has some time on its hand to either develop JFT to a standard where it can hold its own and then wait for a fifth generation fighter from China. This has been facilitated by the typical lapsidaisical way in which the Indians have persued the Rafale deal. However, I dont see anty other acquisitions in the interim due to financial and cpability constriants.People talking of the SU series need to understand the difficulties in integrating it into our current C41 system, and the need to integrate a whole new inventory of spares and ammo. There does not appear to be a suitable offering of a twin engined or solitary engined medium range fighter.EU offerings if at all will be prone to the same sanctions which would affect our F16s fleet.
A

I still believe that PAF will manage to get 18 more Blk50/52 and 18 more Blk15 which will be upgraded by MLU package.
It will bring total F16 inventory to 110, enough to raise 6 Squadrons.
We can revive Squadron 2 & Squadron 21 and arm them with F16s increasing the size of PAF to 20 combat squadrons.
While Jf17 will remain there to replace legacy aircraft.
In recent interview, ACM Sohail Awan was very positive regarding F16 deal. And of course we will be pulling our own strings to materialize this deal despite of "fact" that NO Letter of acceptance was submitted by PAF before due date.
I believe we will stop at 100 with adding numbers from MLUed platforms.The chances of getting bl.52s are fast diminishing.
A

A

The 2005 earthquakes forced Pakistan to reduce its F-16 Block 52+ acquisitions from 36 to 18. Money was diverted towards reconstruction of the earthquake hit regions. Then PPP rule happened.

Ok so here's the summary

31 out of the original 40 units remain
14 used F16 transferred

Total 45 units these were all MLU in turkey

13 ex-Jordan F16 A/B transferred not MLU

18 new F16 C/D bought
10 more F16 C/D bought

8 are now in on table but in dispute

So total F16

45 x MLU
13 ex Jordan
18 New
10 New

Total 86 units if we get 8 more new will be 94 units

Question is why PAF is going to upgrade entire fleet they only need to MLU 13 units in my opinion

31 out of the original 40 units remains (Agreed)
14 used F-16s transfered (Agreed) (Infact originally built for PAF and later used by USAF as agressor for DSCT)
Total 45 units
but first 4 were MLUed in USA and the remaining 41 were MLUed in TAI Turkey.

13 Ex-Jordian ADF transfered and not MLUed but they can fire AMRAAM.

18 New F-16 C/D Block 50/52 Aquired (Agreed)
10 More F-16 C/D Aquired (Not Agreed) (Didnt Happend)

8 are now on table but in dispute (Agreed)
And if these 8 will cleared for PAF through FMF then PAF will go for another 10 new F-16 C/D Block 50/52.

Currently Total 45(MLUed) + 13 (Ex-Jordanian ADF) + 18 (New Block 50/52) = 76 are in service with PAF.

The 2005 earthquakes forced Pakistan to reduce its F-16 Block 52+ acquisitions from 36 to 18. Money was diverted towards reconstruction of the earthquake hit regions. Then PPP rule happened.
No after earthquake in 2005 Pakistan change the plan of original 54 Block 50/52 and 28 embargoed F-16s originally built for PAF to 36 new Block 50/52 and 28 embargoed F-16s. But then in 2006 they split the order in two phases
Phase-1: 18 new Block 50/52 and 28 embargoed F-16s and
Phase-2: 18 remaining new Bloack 50/52

But as first phase didn't came through as per original plan and US Navy refused to release 14 F-16s so then USA asked Jordan to provide their 13 ADF F-16s as supplement of those 14 US Navy F-16s.

And Now PAF went for remaining 18 in two batches first 8 and then 10 but struck when Congress refused to give approval for subsidize through FMF.

I believe we will stop at 100 with adding numbers from MLUed platforms.The chances of getting bl.52s are fast diminishing.
A
I think PAF will aquire 14 more used F-16s and then will go through MLUed for ex-Jordanian and these 14 to reach till 90.
And PAF is still trying to allow the FMF to be used for new 8 F-16s C/D and once it cleared they will go for another 10 to reach a magical number of 108 to fulfill 6 F-16s Squadrons.

31 out of the original 40 units remains (Agreed)
14 used F-16s transfered (Agreed) (Infact originally built for PAF and later used by USAF as agressor for DSCT)
Total 45 units
but first 4 were MLUed in USA and the remaining 41 were MLUed in TAI Turkey.

13 Ex-Jordian ADF transfered and not MLUed but they can fire AMRAAM.

18 New F-16 C/D Block 50/52 Aquired (Agreed)
10 More F-16 C/D Aquired (Not Agreed) (Didnt Happend)

8 are now on table but in dispute (Agreed)
And if these 8 will cleared for PAF through FMF then PAF will go for another 10 new F-16 C/D Block 50/52.

Currently Total 45(MLUed) + 13 (Ex-Jordanian ADF) + 18 (New Block 50/52) = 76 are in service with PAF.

No after earthquake in 2005 Pakistan change the plan of original 54 Block 50/52 and 28 embargoed F-16s originally built for PAF to 36 new Block 50/52 and 28 embargoed F-16s. But then in 2006 they split the order in two phases
Phase-1: 18 new Block 50/52 and 28 embargoed F-16s and
Phase-2: 18 remaining new Bloack 50/52

But as first phase didn't came through as per original plan and US Navy refused to release 14 F-16s so then USA asked Jordan to provide their 13 ADF F-16s as supplement of those 14 US Navy F-16s.

And Now PAF went for remaining 18 in two batches first 8 and then 10 but struck when Congress refused to give approval for subsidize through FMF.

I think PAF will aquire 14 more used F-16s and then will go through MLUed for ex-Jordanian and these 14 to reach till 90.
And PAF is still trying to allow the FMF to be used for new 8 F-16s C/D and once it cleared they will go for another 10 to reach a magical number of 108 to fulfill 6 F-16s Squadrons.

Not correct, at all. The PAF never stated plans for 54 Block 52+. It was always 36 divided into patches of 18 each. The US Navy refused to release its 14 F-16s but the USAF did. The 14 F-16s reached Pakistan in 2012. The Jordanian F-16s were purely bilateral arrangement between Pakistan and Jordan. Nothing to do with the embargoed F-16s.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/335823/...arliament-to-make-final-decision-says-kayani/

Back
Top Bottom