What's new

PAF Deploys to Northern Territories

If not already, Pak needs to establish DEFCON type system, periodically release/leak the news as to when the DEFCON was raised/lowered and why.

For instance, your neighbor deploys large exercise force, raise DEFCON a notch or two and leak the news. It kept USSR in check at times when stakes got raised over an event.

An event takes place in Bombay/Mumbai ( whatever names its going by today ) and Indians are going bonkers, raise the DEFCON, alert your Strategic force and mobilize it and send a very stubble message.

Cold start is a perfect scenario for tactical nukes, something US practiced everyday against the USSR Tanks marching down Western European Country side with nothing much to stop and or challenge them.
Actually Cold start is Indian version of Soviet Doctrine of Operational Manoeuvre Group [link] therefore it not something new or extraordinary strategy and counter strategy to this was develop by NATO and US in the form of Airland Battle and tactical nukes.

Who told u so .... :)
Nuclear related doctrine is highly confedential , operational , blunt , strategicaly viable with all options on the table for any kind of threat from anywhere any scenerio .
So get out of ur delusional state as of ur army chief who got ill n stupid intel reports @Nuclear bluff

Your own PM said it last year. There are no operationally deployed tactical nukes in Pakistan.

Tactical nukes are a major escalation, to the point where India can even decide to backtrack from the NFU against Pakistan.

He has to say that. Our stated goal is to stay within Pak nuke threshold; if the stated nuke threshold is any grab of Pakistani territory then there is no use of any war plans from our side. So what else can he say?

He doesn't have to say anything in the first place. Kargil War was fought under the nuclear overhang. We even came close to war at least two times during Op Parakram. So nukes did not deter us even from a large scale war at the time. The deescalation happened from outside India.

And the comment was extremely important within our policy circles, it wasn't just a political comment for the domestic audience. What India announced is a limited war is a very real possibility. As you have already pointed out, Pakistan's nuclear threshold is very high, which is true. The fact that Pakistan has not deployed tactical nukes operationally speaks for itself.

The problem with limited war is it can only impart punishment and not extract compliance. It is for this reason that a limited war may not happen. So this has nothing to do with nukes.

That is what we claim. We have to respond to Pakistan's strategy just like they respond to ours. It is all optics to put pressure on Pakistan.

The situation is such that neither Pakistan nor India are doing anything that will lead to peace.

Our negotiating tactics have completely changed. This happened under UPA. Congress decided that talks will go nowhere and only puts Pakistan in an advantage, so there's no point just sitting down and discussing about this.

We enjoy status quo, so we will maintain such unless some major changes happen. All we have done is throw the ball in Pakistan's court. It's up to them now.

An event takes place in Bombay/Mumbai ( whatever names its going by today ) and Indians are going bonkers, raise the DEFCON, alert your Strategic force and mobilize it and send a very stubble message.

You are obviously not aware, but we will commit to a first strike if you mobilise.

According to India's nuclear doctrine, we follow NFU for countries that possess WMDs. But even the threat of a nuclear strike is considered as a nuclear strike.

Apart from that, Pakistan has been under the habit of threatening nuclear war on India every now and then, so their threats are empty.

@randomradio there was a reason the war didn't happen, its the unknown ( threshold ). It was made very clear to visiting US delegation when they asked what if ?. I would rather say that due to increasing conventional imbalance the threshold is shrinking and what could have been days now could be day or less.

As for feelin froggy, guess you are not, just as I suspected and don't feel bad cause it is the case for your entire nation. What if you wait and wait for Pakistan to fail ? then grow old and turn to stardust ? What if CPEC does become the saving grace of Pakistan and you lose your conventional parity, will you be able to live with that ? knowing very well what you could have achieved but like many times before you just lived it out in your mind / dreams ?

PS: I thought India had already backtracked on NFU

Actually Cold start is Indian version of Soviet Doctrine of Operational Manoeuvre Group [link] therefore it not something new or extraordinary strategy and counter strategy to this was develop by NATO and US in the form of Airland Battle and tactical nukes.

There is no such thing as "Cold Start". The term itself was just an eyewash.

@randomradio there was a reason the war didn't happen, its the unknown ( threshold ). It was made very clear to visiting US delegation when they asked what if ?. I would rather say that due to increasing conventional imbalance the threshold is shrinking and what could have been days now could be day or less.

Had Musharraf not acceded to Colin Powell on June 6th, India was going to attack on June 15th.

Some people here know what happened in the Neelum sector in 2002.

As for feelin froggy, guess you are not, just as I suspected and don't feel bad cause it is the case for your entire nation. What if you wait and wait for Pakistan to fail ? then grow old and turn to stardust ? What if CPEC does become the saving grace of Pakistan and you lose your conventional parity, will you be able to live with that ? knowing very well what you could have achieved but like many times before you just lived it out in your mind / dreams ?

As I said, time and place. We wouldn't attack Pakistan for no reason. And right now, there is none.

Pakistan has significant structural problems to overcome. CPEC is like sending your son to the best university there is. But whether he does well or not has nothing to do with money invested in admission. The IMF does not have good news for Pakistan's future in the mid term. Every day Pakistan is getting weaker and India is getting stronger.

Give it some more time, you will see the massive problem Pakistan will soon face due to its unsustainably high birth rate and low GDP growth.

PS: I thought India had already backtracked on NFU

NFU is still in place. If it wasn't, then we wouldn't be talking about tactical nukes. But that's also why tactical nukes are not operational.

If you are really talking about tactical nukes, then we have nukes on artillery shells. We have developed much more advanced short range ballistic missiles compared to Nasr, called Prahaar and Pralay. Even Akash SAM has been designed to carry a nuke for BMD. So if Pakistan deploys tactical nukes operationally, then so can India.

^^but constantly quoting my posts ..... what a contrast ....

When you fire a missile does it states on it if it’s carrying conventional or non conventional warhead? So bottomline theses missiles are just to deter other side and avoid the need of firing in first place

Once you fire all bets are off especially on case of world powers and indo pak Korea’s etc
Where both sides strike back

When you fire a missile does it states on it if it’s carrying conventional or non conventional warhead? So bottomline theses missiles are just to deter other side and avoid the need of firing in first place

Once you fire all bets are off especially on case of world powers and indo pak Korea’s etc
Where both sides strike back

Well, as counter point to that, US launched cruise missiles against Russians. Both sides understand there will be no nuclear attacks.

Your own PM said it last year. There are no operationally deployed tactical nukes in Pakistan.

Tactical nukes are a major escalation, to the point where India can even decide to backtrack from the NFU against Pakistan.
Out PMs in last one decade didnt even know the meaning of tactical , passing a statement and believing it is just a joke .

It is common knowledge that the economic rise of a nation is accompanied by narrow nationalism.

I am not anti-BJP like @Joe Shearer , and am against Rahul Gandhi and his immediate ilk. But while appreciating some positive things that Modi has done, one cannot ignore the negative aspects, the lack of intellectual thought in BJP/RSS about how to steer a nation in all aspects towards a better society.

The marginalized people are kept in low-level equilibrium by both Congress and BJP.

Sad that this is happening.

So is Joe. Against Rahul Gandhi and his immediate surrounding coterie (I don't understand what is an immediate ilk; do look up 'ilk').

So is Joe. Against Rahul Gandhi and his immediate surrounding coterie (I don't understand what is an immediate ilk; do look up 'ilk').
Hello, good to have you back, and replying to my post!

I have not said that you support Rahul Gandhi and his immediate surrounding coterie, i have simply said that you oppose BJP which i believe is true.

I just saw the meaning of 'ilk' The words 'immediate ilk' do not go together, even more so in the context in which i put it. Thanks.

Have you come back because you have been assured that this forum is trying to go back to what it was a 2-3 years back?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom