What's new

PAF 1965 BBC Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
@waqas119

On December 16, 1971 the Pakistan army in Bangladesh unconditionally surrendered to the joint Indian and Bangladeshi forces. With the signing of the Instrument of Surrender, Bangladesh came into being and united Pakistan was at an end.

However, in Pakistan the state-controlled and censored media was in denial. The day after General Niazi of Pakistan had surrendered all 93,000 soldiers and paramilitary units under his command in Bangladesh and the guns had fallen silent in the East, the Dawn newspaper, published from Karachi, declared: “WAR TILL VICTORY”. The story of the Pakistani surrender was contained in one sentence of an article entitled “Fighting ends in East Wing: PAF hits in West”. The surrender was spun as follows:

Latest reports indicate that following an arrangement between the local commanders of India and Pakistan in the Eastern theatre, fighting has ceased in East Pakistan and Indian troops have entered Dacca.

what if say that this was indian propaganda???????

You people r brainwashed by these kind of stuff...
tell me whether Pakistan media is banned in india or not?? answer me.

somewhere in life u should visit Pakistan, u will be amazed to see the Pakistan much much different from what it is shown in indian media.

as far as Pakistani media is concerned, even Musharraf who was a military leader as well as president, was not been able to control it. Media here is not under government influence, but it is not the same in india.

I would love to visit pakistan.thanks.
I'm not saying Pakistan media is under control of government and not free. It is free today. but,wasn't before when we had two wars in less than ten years(2 wars in 6 years to be exact).

I'm not even saying that government did wrong by censoring media in war time. it was to not to let down your moral as you were not in position of winning any war from day 1 of the war.

may be yes.(I'm not 100% sure but yes our cable operator don't show us pak media,and after reading a thread about it in PDF).

India propaganda.why India will print its propagana in pak media.now,download the following and read it.do you think that this claims are true.

While newspaper headlines around the world announced the surrender of the Pakistani army and the creation of Bangladesh, the Pakistani population were presented with an alternate reality. This alternate reality would continue for four more days until the collapse of the military regime of Yahya Khan. Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, the man who failed to win the prime ministership of a united Pakistan a year ago at the ballot box, would now take over as leader of the remaining wing of Pakistan.

Below are the front pages of the Dawn newspaper from December 4, 1971 to December 20, 1971. The headlines chronicle the unraveling of the false reality created by the military regime in the last days of united Pakistan. [Click the images for a PDF of the front page.]
4 dec
3115019536_01f65c7f04.jpg

5dec
3115019612_0ee8a90652.jpg

6 dec
3115019742_e87415f480.jpg

7 dec
3114190267_4b6e48bc24.jpg

8 dec
3114190343_775f8e38df.jpg

9 dec
3115020014_7168b1e928.jpg

10 dec
3114190533_24e62eef26.jpg

11 dec
3115020204_3fab145e70.jpg

^^
Thats a real good find.

The news is hilarious. 120 IAF planes downed???

:rofl:

Can't believe they were reporting this during a war they were losing so badly.

^^
Thats a real good find.

go to the link in my last post and read it in pdf formate. it was only propaganda.

Don't you think that the link you posted is biased and not neutral....It clearly states that 'e-bangladeshi' and everyone know that as far as 71 issue is concerned they will be against Pakistan.

And the pictures u posted clearly looks forged... forgery is not a big issue now a days.

present something from neutral source,,,,as i have presented this video

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
Thats a real good find.

same was the reaction of indians at that time.... continuous negation.

forgery is not a big issue...

check this out
OgAAAMeBRnoFjM1VKlHT-LxAEU6Yhw5DRQ1DNS4lyudjnFbc9zk5twbIoT-XtfF-3DKLDX-sN5KuphEXgH-1e0UJtSgAm1T1UP7_ba2NYSv_lTK761bzxlYZB0un.jpg

This is my picture, it is forged. I never ever appeared on any magazine's front page.

Last edited:
If this video can be forged, why not the above pictures of DAWN,

must must check this out
video before forgery...

video after forgery....

lol....:cheesy:

During the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 the PAF was out-numbered 5:1 against the Indian Air Force and, initially, both sides claimed to have downed around 100 aircraft of the opposition during the 23 day war. The PAF fleet at the time consisted of 12 F-104 Starfighters, some 120 F-86 Sabres and around 20 B-57 Canberra bombers.[10] The Indian claim of 100 PAF aircraft downed was proven to be highly exaggerated when 86 F-86 Sabres, 10 F-104 Starfighters and 20 B-57 Canberra bombers were flown in a parade after the war. The InAF is later believed to have admitted the loss of at least 75 aircraft, while the PAF admitted to losing 19 aircraft. The PAF's claim was confirmed by the U.S. Military Assistance Advisory Group. The PAF also claims to have had complete air superiority over the battle area from the second day of operations [11] and it is believed that the Indian Army would agree.[12] Close air support to the Pakistan Army was unexpectedly effective and the PAF is widely considered to have single-handedly neutralised the large difference in military strength of India and Pakistan.[11]

Many publications have credited the PAF's successes to U.S. equipment, claiming it to be superior to the aircraft operated by the InAF and giving the PAF a "qualitative advantage". However this was not the case as the InAF's MiG-21, Hawker Hunter and Folland Gnat aircraft had better performance than the PAF's F-86 fighters.[13] According to Air Cdre (retired) Sajad Haider, the F-86 Sabre was inferior in both power and speed to the InAF's Hawker Hunter.[14] The PAF's advantage during the conflict was in superior tactics, as well as pilot training and morale.[13]

According to Air Commodore (retired) Sajjad Haider who flew with No. 19 squadron, the F-104 Starfighter did not deserve its reputation as "the pride of the PAF" because it "was unsuited to the tactical environment of the region. It was a high-level interceptor designed to neutralise Soviet strategic bombers in altitudes above 40,000 feet." Nevertheless the InAF is believed to have feared the Starfighter [15] although, according to some, it was not as effective as the InAF's Folland Gnat....:cheers::cheers:

@ Brahmastra: Now what is ur opinion on these videos... Are these fake.:azn:

:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom