What's new

Pact on India-Japan-U.S. trilateral in the offing

He forgets that illegal immigrants which account for around half a million Indians in the US have jobs in the very low class. Prostitution making up a large part of that.

(compared to 28% nationally, and 44% average for all Asian American groups). Almost 40% of all Indians have a master’s, doctorate or other professional degree, which is five times the national average.[16] Among Indian Americans, 72.3% participate in the U.S. work force, of which 57.7% are employed in managerial and professional specialties.

According to the 2000 U.S. Census, Indian American men had "the highest year-round, full-time median earnings ($51,094)!!

(compared to 28% nationally, and 44% average for all Asian American groups). Almost 40% of all Indians have a master’s, doctorate or other professional degree, which is five times the national average.[16] Among Indian Americans, 72.3% participate in the U.S. work force, of which 57.7% are employed in managerial and professional specialties.

According to the 2000 U.S. Census, Indian American men had "the highest year-round, full-time median earnings ($51,094)!!

That only includes legal and tracked Indians my friend.

Yes, they are working hard, to improve the Western countries.

But what about their country of origin, India?

That only includes legal and tracked Indians my friend.

Yeah the same thing goes for Chinese Americans as well. If we talk about how better off Chinese American is then we're only discussing legal ones as well. I'm sure there are more illegal Indians than Chinese but most of the illegal workers are working in motels! You live in America you 'd know how motels work. Whole family owns motels and then they hire these illegal Indians to work for them.
'Indian Americans own 50% of all economy lodges and 35% of all hotels in the United States, which have a combined market value of almost $40 billion.[22] In 2002, there were over 223,000 Asian Indian-owned firms in the U.S., employing more than 610,000 workers.' And these are just numbers on paper in fact they hire many more that that.

And even after all these it doesn;t change the fact that 'According to the 2000 U.S. Census, Indian American men had "the highest year-round, full-time median earnings ($51,094).' That's pretty impressive figures ey?!

And @ chinese dragon

1600s: The East India Company brought over Indian indentured servants to the British American colonies.[39]
1790: Following American independence from the British, Indian immigrants began entering the independent United States as maritime workers.
1838: (May 5) - First two ships arrive in the Caribbean with Indian indentured workers (landing in British Guiana).

BTW to all the active members DISCUSS not DERAIL! :)

I knew perfectly well that early Chinese immigrants to America were low class.

I'm only here to tell some that there is a large influx of low class illegal Indians coming to America today. 64% is a rather large increase year after year.

ah so!

Now, they become low class?

You sure have some convenient claptrap to justify the unjustifiable.

So, by your token, am I to understand that all illegal immigrants into the US of all races, are educated and high class?

You sure have an interesting logic to difficult and embarrassing situation.

I take comfort that you ALWAYS proceed from a false assumption: HENCE, I have no ego to bruise!

Well Indians don't see it that way. My country or not we believe in working hard. And this is the case in mostly all the countries where Indians have gone to. America, Britain, Canada just take any country. We've worked real hard wherever we've gone to!

What about their own country?! It's doing just fine! They still love their country. Non-Resident Indians [Indian diaspora outside of India] are one of the contributors to foreign investment in the country. and I bet they are much closer to India than Chinese Americans are to China! Most of the Chinese Americans are 8th-9th generation American born whereas most of the Indians are 2nd or 3rd generation American born [just like me! I'm proud to be Indian, I'm proud to be British!] so the cultural ties with their own country is still pretty strong. :)

we can see how one of your current top trading partners in this article has made you boys go all out in a tizzy..

Who has gone on a "tizzy" exactly? :lol:

The USA and China have the biggest bilateral economic relationship in the world, which has been characterised by economists, as a form of economic "interdependence". We work together in a lot of areas, like this:

- The USA is the biggest external source of funds for the Pakistani Army
- China helps to supply and support the Pakistani Army

We have similar goals there. :azn:

It's just a quick wiki link, it could be unreliable. But it doesn't really matter I think.

I found a pretty recent link

MUMBAI -(Dow Jones)- India's trade deficit with China could reduce with an appreciation of the renminbi, a staff study by the Reserve Bank of India said Friday, citing China's exchange rate management policies as unfavorable towards other emerging economies in dealing with currency volatility.

India's trade deficit with China stood at $19.2 billion in the year through March 2010.

China has intervened in the foreign exchange markets by an average of $1 billion a day for the last five years, buying dollars and keeping the greenback expensive, while selling the yuan to keep their own currency cheap. It has built a huge reserve of $2.5 trillion in the process.

Chinese imports to India have risen significantly to 10.7% in 2009-2010 from 7.3% five years ago. The bulk of the imports comprises of electronic and machinery goods, which are on the rise and form more than 40% of the total.

"To avoid the implications in terms of imports, there is a strong need to diversify imports of these items," the study said.

The U.S. and the developed world has been pushing China to let the yuan rise in order to make their exports more competitive.

heres another source

In the first six months of the year, the bilateral trade figure stands at USD 32 billion and was all set to achieve the target of 60 billion, sources said, adding with this achievement China will become India's single largest trading partner in the world.

The bilateral trade has seen a drastic jump from a modest USD 3 billion in 2000 to an impressive USD 52 billion in 2008 and was all set to touch USD 60 billion by this year-end, as agreed by the Prime Ministers of the two countries in 2008.

US, India trade 2010

Month ----------Exports---------- Imports -----------Balance
January 2010 ---------- 1,295.5 ------- 2,079.4 ----------- -783.9
February 2010 --------- 1,235.2 -----1,958.1 --------- -722.9
March 2010 ----------- 1,454.8 ------- 2,472.4 ------- -1,017.6
April 2010 ----------1,671.2 --------- 2,650.0 ---- -978.8
May 2010 ---------- 1,852.9 ------- 2,672.6 ---- -819.7
June 2010 ---------- 1,690.6 ------- 2,532.6 ---------- -841.9
July 2010 ------------ 1,800.2 ------ 2,591.4 --------- -791.2
August 2010 ---------- 1,716.8 ------ 2,773.5 ---------- -1,056.7
September 2010 --------1,447.2 ------ 2,415.0 --------- -967.8
October 2010 ---------1,921.2 ----- 2,898.7 --------- -977.5
November 2010 ----------1,527.0 ------- 2,354.6 --- -827.6
December 2010 ---------1,610.2 ------ 2,133.0 ------ -522.8
TOTAL ---------------19,222.7 -----29,531.2 ----- -10,308.

heres another source

In the first six months of the year, the bilateral trade figure stands at USD 32 billion and was all set to achieve the target of 60 billion, sources said, adding with this achievement China will become India's single largest trading partner in the world.

The bilateral trade has seen a drastic jump from a modest USD 3 billion in 2000 to an impressive USD 52 billion in 2008 and was all set to touch USD 60 billion by this year-end, as agreed by the Prime Ministers of the two countries in 2008.

That just demonstrates the massive difference in the trade capacity of the two countries, that having a $60 billion trading relationship can make someone their number one trading partner.

I knew perfectly well that early Chinese immigrants to America were low class.

I'm only here to tell some that there is a large influx of low class illegal Indians coming to America today. 64% is a rather large increase year after year.

Wichita Chinese prostitution ring indicative of a much bigger problem - international organized crime and human smuggling

The announcement of the recent arrests by authorities of 10 people in Wichita, Kansas with participating in a Chinese prostitution network that centered around 'massages parlors' is indicative of a much more serious problem - international organized crime and human smuggling.
Those arrested in this case were Chinese nationals who 'paper tripped' into the United States using subterfuge, under our fatally flawed immigration laws by claiming falsely they were political refugees from China. As such they had a free ticket to ride here in the United States.

Wichita Chinese prostitution ring indicative of a much bigger problem - international organized crime and human smuggling!

Back
Top Bottom