IMG_20191119_141358.jpg
IMG_20191119_141553.jpg
IMG_20191119_141842.jpg
IMG_20191119_141847.jpg
IMG_20191119_141920.jpg
IMG_20191119_141946.jpg
IMG_20191119_142027.jpg
IMG_20191119_142236.jpg

This White guy (below) had been lurking around the Super Mushak Demo for Hours on Day I. I guess he finally got a meeting with the PAC.
IMG_20191119_142301.jpg
IMG_20191119_152739.jpg
IMG_20191119_113333.jpg
IMG_20191119_113347.jpg
IMG_20191119_114550.jpg
IMG_20191119_114655.jpg
IMG_20191119_141358.jpg

If PAC wants to do this for regional aircraft. Then I fear it's too late as newer designs are gaining more and more market share.

It should be interesting. I wonder if either would co-invest in a joint manufacturing line (turnkey for the airframe is ideal) at Kamra.

Also why is JF17 always shown by AVIC and not PAC??

@JamD this was the stuff I was talking about in the $1b export thread. First, it seems the Boeing offset program is still going (would be interested to see if we crossed 25% of the upfront purchase price of the 777s yet), and I think they'll look to extend/expand it with another PIA order soon.

But the second card is interesting, notice how the AW139 MRO project is actually a joint-project/investment by PAC and GASI? But I'm not sure who the heck GASI is though, the only relevant result I keep getting is Global Aviation Service Inc., but in Canada? Anyways, it's small stuff, but I'd expect to see other programs follow the joint-project path, especially the 10-30-seat civil airliner and, probably, ATAK/Turkish Helicopter MRO.

img_20191117_112002-jpg.589755

img_20191117_113645-jpg.589772
So can PAC also take on work for 787??
Cuz thts gonna replace 777s worldwide. Pretty much.

If PAC wants to do this for regional aircraft. Then I fear it's too late as newer designs are gaining more and more market share.

So can PAC also take on work for 787??
Cuz thts gonna replace 777s worldwide. Pretty much.
Replacement not anytime soon buddy. 777 is a very successful plane.

We are manufacturing Helicopters too?
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Dazzler
No - maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO).

Anyways, AvRID's target drone program has the potential of being an underrated gem, assuming the PAF pushes for further development.

The next step of this thing would be loyal wingman drones (here's a great article on how).

Not to underestimate anything here, a wingman drone would still be a big project in its own right, and is by no means easy (don't want to get "that guy'ed" by @JamD again in 3 days).

But from what I've read, internal target drone research is a great starting point for it.

One intermediary step would be improving ALCMs, e.g you develop a larger frame for more range/payload while trying to retain the maneuverability and other benefits of a target drone.

From there, you move onto a wingman UAV. Besides the challenge of developing the actual aircraft (which we could extend the FGFA's research/facilities to, so it's plausible), one major bottleneck might be software development, esp. AI and Machine Learning. Wingman UAVs are not remote-operated at all times (or at most times), so that could be a stumbling block.

img_20191119_141430-jpg.590324

Last edited:
No - maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO).

Anyways, AvRID's target drone program has the potential of being an underrated gem, of course assuming the PAF pushes for further development.

The next step of this thing would be loyal wingman drones (here's a great article on how).

Not to underestimate anything here, a wingman drone would still be a big project in its own right, and is by no means easy (don't want to get "that guy'ed" by @JamD again in 3 days).

But from what I've read, internal target drone research is a great starting point for it. One intermediary step would be improving ALCM development, e.g you develop a larger frame for more range/payload while trying to retain the maneuverability and other benefits of a target drone. From there, you move onto a wingman UAV.

img_20191119_141430-jpg.590324
You are talking about the red thing in picture?

IMG_4882.JPG

2000 km ferry range ? Last time pac had 1880 nautical miles and cAtac had 3000 km with all internal and external fuel so not sure what’s going on ?

Did you asked about AESA???
Any info on AESA???
All I got was a smile & another "No Comment".
Not true, we have a massive JF-17 on display in front of our Pavilion. AVIC/CATIC have a small model.
We are manufacturing Helicopters too?
No, ofcourse not. I asked in detail. Its basically a MRO in a joint venture with GASI which is a company based in Germany. However all work will be done by PAC.

Note: Tomorrow the Air Show might be Cancelled. I just a got a message from my kids school at this hour that due to Rain/Dust Storm - all Schools will remain Closed. A rare sight in the UAE. I recall one day of the Air Show getting cancelled 4 Years ago. No biggie, I was planning on skipping it tomorrow anyways, & heading down on the last day (21st).

Anyways, AvRID's target drone program has the potential of being an underrated gem
potential is immense with little bit of adoption and modifications it could be put in many use like
- Add anti-radiation seeker along with GPS/INS guidance and micro turbo jet engine you would have a kamikaze anti-radiation loitering drone
- Same could be used as decoy to saturate the air defence and SAM network
- It could be made to mimic Radar Signature of particular type of fighter Jet to mask the original package
- Add an active seeker or IIR seeker and could be used as light weight precision strike weapon ....

Okay contrary to what people may think what goes about on the Air Show, I can assure you that being a Pakistani doesn't give me brownie points. They don't really interact with General Public.

For that - they have the Maintenance Crew standing out under the Sun like models next to the Super Mushak.

Anyways, there was so much one can do. You can either stand like a complete idiot & hope someone from the Engineering Wing to give you 5mins, or you can try & cover the rest of the Hall, Aerial Display & Static Display.

However, like the first day, I did manage to talk to an Official from Kamra & he gave me a very conflicting reply regarding the First Test Flight for the Block III. A Official whom I spoke on the First Day stated that the Block III will make its Maiden Flight within the next 02 Months (Mid-January 2020 be the latest).

But today, another Official gave me an entirely different time. Now he states it would be between July to November. Not sure who is telling the truth. But he did say NO Test Flight will be conducted without the new AESA Radar. They are looking get it into Production with everything in place.

JF-17B - It is not a EW (Electronic Warfare) like the F-18 Hornet/Growler (below):

According to him, the reason for bringing in the B-variant is to have a 2 set of eyes during a Mission. Once again, the JF-17B is not a EW

IMG_20191119_122615.jpg
IMG_20191119_122744.jpg
IMG_20191119_122915.jpg

All I got was a smile & another "No Comment".

Not true, we have a massive JF-17 on display in front of our Pavilion. AVIC/CATIC have a small model.

No, ofcourse not. I asked in detail. Its basically a MRO in a joint venture with GASI which is a company based in Germany. However all work will be done by PAC.

Note: Tomorrow the Air Show might be Cancelled. I just a got a message from my kids school at this hour that due to Rain/Dust Storm - all Schools will remain Closed. A rare sight in the UAE. I recall one day of the Air Show getting cancelled 4 Years ago. No biggie, I was planning on skipping it tomorrow anyways, & heading down on the last day (21st).

so they included the aesa radar and other goodies publicly on a poster and yet refuse to give any information? Lol the most Pakistani thing ever!
If you aren’t going to answer any questions on a major reveal, why even bother to share the information in the first place?

thanks for sharing your experience at the air show with the rest of us. I think we gained major insights from the future of PAF; something we haven’t been able to get eve from the IDEAS exhibitions.

Back
Top Bottom