What's new

PA Helicopter crashes near Lasbela - Passenger list includes senior officers leading flood relief effort

Allah Reham karay

5 plus hours are too long to locate,

if Allah na karay helli crashed, it would have been easy to locate at night time, locals must have seen or heard the crash.

no news, i hope is a good news. Allah karay helli landed somewhere in remote mountains safely after tech issues.

But, other than onboard communications, there must be some other devices e.g. radio or cell phones etc...

Allah Reham karay

5 plus hours are too long to locate,

if Allah na karay helli crashed, it would have been easy to locate at night time, locals must have seen or heard the crash.

no news, i hope is a good news. Allah karay helli landed somewhere in remote mountains safely after tech issues.
It's one of the worst terrain there... All mountainous, jagged peaks and cliffs, can't even crash land there. Makes SAR that much difficult.

The situation is pretty fluid, from what I understand what can be reasonably confirmed is its arrival destination, passenger manifest, departure area. It is not confirmed at least from what I have seen whether the wreckage has been located or not as of writing this.

It's one of the worst terrain there... All mountainous, jagged peaks and cliffs, can't even crash land there. Makes SAR that much difficult.
understood.

what about comms alternatives?

forced or crash landing is possible with helis, much more chanced as compare to fixed wing. all depends on the circumstances.

Allah Khair karay

Yeah the recent weather too has also played havoc with the infrastructure in the area further degrading it which has compounded the difficulty.

The situation is pretty fluid, from what I understand what can be reasonably confirmed is its arrival destination, passenger manifest, departure area. It is not confirmed at least from what I have seen whether the wreckage has been located or not as of writing this.
Wreckage found and all declared Shaheed ..

Unconfirmed:
cmdr 12's son was also on board.. he was ADC to his father

Full passenger list
1. Corps Commander XII Corps, Lieutenant General Sarfraz Ali.
2. Director General Pakistan Coast Guard, Major General Amjad.
3. Commander Engineers XII Corps, Brigadier Khalid.
4. Major Saeed (Pilot).
5. Major Talha (Co-Pilot).
6. Crew Chief Naik Mudassir.

1659380374531.png

posting worst case scenario without any source and official confirmation, is a bad and idiotic habit.

Wreckage found and all declared Shaheed .. cmdr 12's son was also on board.. he was ADC to his father

Have army troops reached there as well?

Last update I got was that police had reached the wreckage, that was about an hour or so ago, and military was on it's way. The location was quite a bit off track and a long trek.

Back
Top Bottom