What's new

Overseas Pakistanis send home $2.4 billion in November

@ Azadkashmir

Spot on! They think money grows on trees in the west and don't realise how hard our parents and us have had to graft and work in order to earn a decent living. Our salaries are taxed, we pay council tax, gas and electric etc.... and with what's left we still have the generosity to send money back to our forever hungry rishtaydaar. They don't appreciate the sacrifices overseas Pakistani's make in order to send them money and act entitled to it as if it was their due....lol! To top it off, when we go Pakistan, they become our guests rather then the other way round...lol!!! Couldn't make this stuff up, but i've come to learn that this is typical Pakistani mentality of always taking and never giving anything back and this is essentially the essence of why the country is fcuked up as a whole. If you ask the average native Pakistani what they have done for their country, they'll become silent because they've done F all!

yh wait till you get to your land where you find out that grandads brother n his kids are sat on your land and have emptied out your khoti, hey wheres the fridge, the generator, etc why these knobs asking me electric bill yep grandads brother family sly bas trds didnt tell the electric authority that his brother has died abroad so turn it off but instead kept quiet deliberately to set you up for debt. i am told the debt falls on other family but i say hey he is dead so its no longer viable to be charged and hiw can you charge others. can i go to bank n say hey my grandads dead but i am his granson giv me access to his money, nope i cant so y i shud pay bill.

Yes, they do. I mean that I don't mind so much because if I can help them provide better life for their families then I'll help. I don't like it when they feel entitled to things when you're going back like mandatory for you bring everyone something.

I know the feeling. I use to travel to India with suitcases full of lotions, creams, knickknacks, and candy. There's an expectation (and entitlement) of getting something from those living and working overseas. They think we are rich, not realizing that we are working our backs off just to pay for an airline ticket let alone bring gifts. It's an eye-opener for many who later immigrated to the West and realize it's no picnic.

Why do overseas Pakistanis send money to Pakistan when the PKR is depreciating?

A Pakistani holding their money in foreign currency like USD would have made 100% profit in the last 5 years.

1639531179258.png

I know the feeling. I use to travel to India with suitcases full of lotions, creams, knickknacks, and candy. There's an expectation (and entitlement) of getting something from those living and working overseas. They think we are rich, not realizing that we are working our backs off just to pay for an airline ticket let alone bring gifts. It's an eye-opener for many who later immigrated to the West and realize it's no picnic.

In the late 90s moving to early 2000s many pakistanis immigrated into uk in my town, most of them were young guys that got married just to fly over and they even brought weird habits over like holding hands together. They would be shouting to communicate when they are a feet apart each other, wearing full shalwar sandals in cold winter. Any way the local native pakisanis got fed up with them because they would stare at girls and hang around in parks and play music on their phones.

Anyway after few weeks some of them, got fedup with uk grime graft life in the factory and paid peanuts and quickly fled back to pakistan. i heard some of them in a group saying things like we were kings in pakistan, we had lives, we were free, here you are dog in a cage, working , working, working for nothing, here your women beat you abuse you not a man here, i cant buy ciggaretes here , i had a car in pakistan, a land, goats, cow etc. Anyway after few weeks i saw the group get smaller and smaller rest of them felt the imf style shock therapy and fled back to pakistan.

its the duty of native Pakistanis to plea and suck the lifeblood of oversea Pakistanis. Also to cause them intolerable misery by stealing their lands, harassment at airports for bribes, raise prices, stop vehicle and force bribe out of driver and perv on the sisters, set them up, sly remarks etc.
Disclaimer: not all natives, are like this.

Do you know what is the responsibility of resident Pakistanis? To survive off of our hard work and object to us getting any rights. I WANT VOTING RIGHTS!

Do you know what is the responsibility of resident Pakistanis? To survive off of our hard work and object to us getting any rights. I WANT VOTING RIGHTS!

When i went pak last yr i was angry wit the staff at airport, they would allow other ppl to push in front of the line including Chinese dick heads. so i got pist off i started swearing at the guy on the desk and he felt shame and would not look at me instead put my passport to the side for me to collect.

As true as these personal experiences are for a lot of people, i'm not sure this discord really helps anything. Also one could argue it has as much to do with our own families than anyone else. No strangers come to rip you off.

But if we oversea paks say we would like to vote then they say but but but they are non residents but but but they are overseas, but but but they are traitors, but but but hmmm oversea ka pesay halal jaldi lai loo thank yuuu brathharrr.
As true as these personal experiences are for a lot of people, i'm not sure this discord really helps anything. Also one could argue it has as much to do with our own families than anyone else. No strangers come to rip you off.

no stranger like airport staff?, those assole traffic police bribsters, electric bill guys, bank staff,

Depending on remmitances to bridge the trade gap and improve the exchange rate is like giving a child a lollipop so that he doesn’t think about anything else. It’s a fools dream to think that will ever happen. The only way of doing so was to encourage industrialisation at a massive scale so that imports could be increased exponentially as per a 5 year plan. However export growth has been nominal under the current government so I’d call that a complete failure.
Machinery for industry is imported in dollars, the high rise in dollar prices have slowed down the industrialisation process. A machine which was 10 lac is now 18 lac. So do the math.
Further more the trade gape is going wider and wider and by the looks of it it will exceed the deficit that the nawazu bros left for us in 2018.
Just a reality check

Why do overseas Pakistanis send money to Pakistan when the PKR is depreciating?
There's more practical use for that money in Pakistan than where it was earned.
A Pakistani holding their money in foreign currency like USD would have made 100% profit in the last 5 years.
Because Pakistanis are not generally baniye when it comes to money.

You ain't getting anything with this attitude.

Constitution has a clear definition on this and you are better of getting involved in politics much closer to your residence wherever that may be.

Back
Top Bottom