What's new

Overqualified to join PAF?

If becoming a pilot is your dream you can also try the aviation in the Pak Navy through the SSC induction.

Very good idea :) Although there's reasons I prefer PAF GDP, but thats something I might want to consider in case I graduate. :)

Why don't you wait till you finish your education? I honestly don't know how they check the merit of foreign education standards and compare it to Pakistan's'. And you could always top it up with a post graduate or something?

I can't. Thats the problem, if I end up getting the degree I'll be above the minimum age required for PAF GDP. And they don't recruit graduates anymore..

@Nucleus best thing is to contact Pakistan High Commission Air Attache. He should be able to guide you correctly.

Kindly let me know how to contact them as I'm currently abroad?

Last edited by a moderator:
No I can't. Thats the problem, if I end up getting the degree I'll be above the minimum age required for PAF GDP. And they don't recruit graduates anymore..

You are in UK? Pakistan High Commission is in London. May be you can call and talk to them, if cant visit.

There is no such thing as "over-qualified" to join the PAF... it's the best of the best who join it... and you slapping "over qualified" tag upon yourself is disrespectful to other candidates who get selected from a nation of 180 million.

Now, first things first.... are you a British citizen? If yes, get rid of that first, and then convince us that your loyalties will belong with us... :P

Salam folks,

I'm almost 19 and studying Aerospace Engineering in UK. It has been my lifelong dream to become a GDP in PAF, as evident by my previous posts on this forum when I was 14? :P

Problem is that I haven't done A-levels or F.Sc.

Can I show my first year university transcript instead?

Please advise or share your experience.

P.S. don't ask how I ended up like that, lets stay on topic pls. Thanks

Very good idea :) Although there's reasons I prefer PAF GDP, but thats something I might want to consider in case I graduate. :)

I can't. Thats the problem, if I end up getting the degree I'll be above the minimum age required for PAF GDP. And they don't recruit graduates anymore..

If you are going for the PAF prestige then I would state that the Navy has her own charm and respect. Secondly the age for Naval aviation is 26 so you can come with a degree, be better qualified. Despite most perceptions regarding our Navy they select the best. I suggest you talk to a senior member and a former PAF officer @Pakistanisage for some more details but given your situation I would recommend this course, provided you want to serve your country.

If you are going for the PAF prestige then I would state that the Navy has her own charm and respect. Secondly the age for Naval aviation is 26 so you can come with a degree, be better qualified. Despite most perceptions regarding our Navy they select the best. I suggest you talk to a senior member and a former PAF officer @Pakistanisage for some more details but given your situation I would recommend this course, provided you want to serve your country.

Great post, thanks. I believe every wing of the armed forces have their own charm and respect. I don't even know anyone in PAF, or don't see why would it be more 'prestigious' than the other armed wings. There's other reasons why I prefer to apply for PAF "GDP" instead. But what you suggested is very logical. Yet I'm looking forward to @Pakistanisage reply. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom