What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back - Pakistan Army

1651666928562.png

1651666988340.png

In modern day Pakistan, some of the youngsters have never even heard of "East Pakistan".

I don't know whether this has been deliberately and systematically written out of Pakistani history or whether Pakistan has simply been overwhelmed by other geostrategic events in South, Central and Western Asia, especially Afghanistan.

It was written out in Pakistan Studies book I read
+ Depoliticized
+ Sanctions after 1967 removed
+ Why it happened was removed
+ Who was involved was removed
+ What happened aftermath was removed
+ The Aircraft carrier help which never came was removed
+ No mention of Many Big Manufacturing companies or Banking collapse wiped up

Attempt to make public neutral

My grade 8-9 Pakistan Studies teacher on last day of course grouped students and stated
what ever I taught you is not real kid one day you will understand my words but good luck on your exams he was very apologetic , and had a smile after telling us the truth

It was quite a shocker when I learned that Bangladesh was Pakistan my first reaction was why would anyone want to create different country

Last edited:
On September 24, 1987, while leading the reserve team of the SS Group's Ebrahim Company into assault at the Rana/Ashok Post, at Bilafond La, Captain Iqbal Khan makes the ultimate sacrifice as he engages the enemy bunkers with an RPG-7. Posthumously awarded the Hilal-e-Jurat.
Iqbal had been suffering from abdominal pain while the operation was underway, and despite orders to stay at base, he volunteered to reinforce the assault teams pinned down around Rana and Akbar, the Indian posts that dominated the Bilafond La. his body was found a year later.

1652614438861.png

1652614459913.png

1652614502158.png

OPERATION KOH-E-PAIMA

Captain Zafar Ali Changezi, an officer of the 14ᵗʰ Lancers attached with the 13ᵗʰ NLI, engaged and neutralised an officer-led enemy patrol of the Indian 4ᵗʰ Jat at the Shaqma Sector, in early May 1999.
He was awarded the AC's only Sitara-e-Jurat for the Operation.

1652627322062.png

Brigadier Aslam Khan Afridi 'Colonel Pasha' Military Cross Hilal-e-Jurat Fakhr-e-Kashmir Commissioned in the State Army,
He won an MC at the Burma Front, and took command of the Scouts from Major Brown in early 1948.
Played an instrumental role in the liberation of Baltistan.

1653665185016.png

His family held descent from the Afridis of Tirah Valley who had migrated to Jammu. ACM Asghar Khan was his younger brother. Founder of the Shangrila Resort at Skardu, he spent most of his life there, and passed away in 1994. In picture, Scouts enroute Deosai bid farewell.

1653665299733.png

1653665344880.png

1653775546523.png

"The Prince of Skies "
29th May martyrdom day of Brigadier Tariq Mehmood Shaheed of SSG Pakistan Army.
Brigadier Tariq Mehmood Shaheed, most popularly known as Brigadier TM and now TM Shaheed, (8 Oct 1938 - 29 May 1989), SJ (Bar), SBt, SI(M) was a legendary soldier and lethal weapon of Pakistan Army. He was serving as the Commandant of Special Services Group, when died in an accident in 1989, due to malfunctioning of his parachute, during a free fall display at Rahwali, near Gujranwala.

TM was one of the most decorated Army officers who saw SSG in two wars and various special operations. He played a father like role in Special Services Group and has left a deep legacy, even after his death

sad part is Sipahi who fight on the front lines are not even eligible for plots
Soldiers and JCOs are equally eligible for DHA and commercial plots. They normally sell these and settle themselves in their native villages.

sad part is Sipahi who fight on the front lines are not even eligible for plots

Sir G, I am sorry to point out that, this thread is especially for the tribute to the sons of soils for their unparalleled sacrifices for their motherland.

If we could keep out the politics/DHA/Businesses issue it will keep this thread specifically for the purpose and will maintain the sanctity of the thread.

Will appreciate your understanding.

Soldiers and JCOs are equally eligible for DHA and commercial plots. They normally sell these and settle themselves in their native villages.

I am from Chukwal

Yeah this is what i hate the most people keeping bragging about Army people in DHA, there's barely any just businessmen, industrialists, bankers, doctors, lawyers etc.. I did a bit of a fact finding mission just to see what the make-up was like and throughout my interactions those are the ones primarily having ownership of homes. Most of the plots are sold like you said.

Back
Top Bottom