What's new

OSINT: Imploding fault lines in Baloch terrorist groups

Amaa'n

STAFF
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In the latest rift, BRA’s faction led by Sarbaz Baloch accused BRA’s field commander Gulzar Imam of being involved in extra judicial killings, kidnapping and extortion. He clarified that the local camp commander had kidnapped locals and demanded ransom from their families. Even when ransom was paid by the poor family with gold ornaments, camp commander killed the family members in cold blood and dump their bodies.

He accused BRA’s faction led by Beebgar Baloch being played in the hands of Iran and India and have set the Baloch Insurgency on self-destructive path. Sarbaz added that the manner in which BRA’s activities are conducted are not aligned with principles of Baloch traditions. Sarbaz leveled some serious allegations against BRA chief that they were involved in killings of Baloch youth who were would build difference of opinion with the leadership and believed that they were not faithful to their cause. Last week, armed men stormed into the house of Barkat Ali, a local villager, and killed him in cold blood along with his wife.
dfsdfsdf.PNG

In response to such allegations leveled against them,BRA spokesperson Beebgar Baloch issued a statement and called the allegations unjust and biased. He referred to the statement of Sarbaz Baloch as immature and amateurish.He justified the killings of youth as a method of serving justice who refuse to follow the rules set by the group. He gave example of a male in his early 20s, who was suspected of being involved in killing of another group member, the accused was found guilty and killed. He warns Sarbaz of being cautious in future and avoid leveling allegations against his faction, he added that such actions will not be tolerated in future. Beebgar added that they will not allow anyone to fall out of line and go against the norms of his group, accused faction led by Sarbaz Baloch to be only limited to war on Social Media and it was only his men who were fighting in the field.
Screenshot_20191025-111315.png
Screenshot_20191025-111408.png

In another case of internal rift, being unhappy with US Administration designating it as a Terrorist Group, BLA High Command’s spokesperson Azad Baloch issued a statement on 7th July this year. He addressed this decision of US Administration and mentioned that one of the reason that led to this decision was the attack on Chinese Engineers in August 2018 and attack on Chinese Consulate in November 2018. He said that responsibility of these attacks was claimed by Bashair Zeb & Jiyand Baloch, whose membership with the BLA was already suspended in 2017. Azad referred to his statement in 2017 and clarified that membership of Aslam Baloch, Bashair Zeb and Jiyand Baloch was suspended with BLA and they were no longer affiliated with the Group. Asalam Baloch travelled to India and held meetings with officials, he planned to disassociate himself from the group and create a new terrorist group with financial help of Naela Quadri.

Azad Baloch said that those Baloch youth, who were tricked by the suspended members to carry out attacks on PC Hotel Gwadar and Chinese Consulate in Karachi, committed such acts in their sense of patriotism and national commitment but their sacrifices did not benefit the Baloch struggle because they were used by these suspended commanders and instead their sacrifices weakened the Baloch cause on the international level. Azad added that suspended member Bashirzeb, to gain cheap publicity and for his personal projection is using the name of the organisation.

Azad also said that Bashir Zeb and Jiyand Baloch hacked social media accounts of BLA’s High Command and formed an alliance with BLF. However due to difference over policy matters, High Command never approved of forming this alliance. BLA’s faction led by Aslam Baloch in attempt to brush the matter under carpet responded on these allegations and said that terror outfit had faced such issues in the past and instructed its partners and sympathizers to not divulge themselves into debating these issues on social media.

The history of internal rifts in Baloch terrorist groups dates back to 2007, when Hyrbaryar Marri was arrested in London in 2007. Hyrbaryar has been running BLA from Europe ever since he went in self-exile. When Hyrbaryar marri was arrested, his younger brother Mehran Marri took over the command of BLA. BLA’s High Command in field being unhappy with the way Mehran conducted his affairs started investigation. It was revealed that Mehran had stolen $ 3 million from the group’s funds and $800,000 worth of weapons. Mehran had held meetings with officials from India and in an attempt to revamp the Terrorism in balochistan created splinter group called United Baloch Army. This move was condemned by BLA and BRA, they called acts of terrorism by UBA as self destructive to Baloch cause. Both Baloch liberation army (BLA) and United Baloch Army (UBA) have clashed with each other. The deadliest clash took place in Dera Bugti where 20 militants from both the group were killed. In May 2015, the UBA claimed responsibility for the killing of 22 passengers in Mastung district which was condemned by BLA.

Differences among BLA and BLF are something not new. When Mehran was heading BLA, he stole weapon’s stash from BLA and handed them to BLF at the heist of Indian Officials. Given the difference of policy matters, BLA leadership was unhappy with this development when they found out about the truth.Bashirzeb at that time held several meetings with BLF leadership to recover the stolen stash but all efforts failed, one of the reason given for these meetings to be unsuccessful was that BLF wanted UBA to be recognized by BLA as separate entity and all differences be gone. When in 2012, BLF commanders Salim Baloch and Allah Bakhsh Jago formed Balochistan National Liberation Front (BNLF), both commanders claimed that the reason for parting ways with the BLF was the killings of innocent civilians by the Front. It was reported by various news agencies that the formation of BNLF was a BLA-backed move aimed at settling scores with BLF chief.

Under these circumstances those who were fighting along these groups under the impression that they were fighting for a true cause felt betrayed seeing their chiefs living comfortable lives in Western countries while they shed their blood. Their unconcious minds are waking up to the reality that they were being used to shed blood of their own brothers. With better living conditions being provided to Sarmachars to lay off their arms, many have realized that it is better to surrender before the authorities than to fight for an unachievable cause. It is for this reason that the number of Sarmchars turning in their weapons to the Govt is increasing.

Last edited:
refrain from using word Baloch with terrorist, call them ethno-fascist, commie terrorists. @waz @Dubious I think this disease of Labeling ethnic groups is coming from Middle east, Pakistan never used words like that, we call them BLA terrorists.

Last edited:
It is in the nature of snake to eat there own. BRA/BLA etc were never for any rights demand in public services instead, the corrupt Sardars saw loosing their feudal influence over people due to development & mainstreaming of Balochistan, hence, used their power of propaganda in absence of civilian government machinery while taking advantage of miseries of people to fool them and provoke them against own people. However, that didn't last long as such as planned and sane voices have started to rise from within. These terrorists have been mostly targeting their own people especially those who denied such injustice & wrong doings. We do have people on record that were recovered from torture cells of these terrorists, exposing their evil designs & wrong doings with people of Balochistan on behest of hostile elements.

refrain from using word Baloch with terrorist, call them ethno-fascist, commie terrorists. @waz @Dubious I think this disease of Labeling ethnic groups is coming from Middle east, Pakistan never used words like that, we call them BLA terrorists.
i said that so i could rub it on someone's face.....don't confuse it with naivety

Nicely written.

But me too against putting baloch with terrorist. We cannot afford to give it ethnic color, term like Baloch, Pushtun, Muhajir, Sindhi, Punjabi terrorists should be avoided.

i said that so i could rub it on someone's face..

You are rubbing it on Baloch community nicely. Use BRA and BLA terrorism as we all have come to know them over the years.

Don't try to act like middle east barbarians, we are multiethnic country and cannot afford such attitude.

The scum need to understand that the days of using force is over. The is only way to improve Balochistan is through democracy and elections.

Age of terrorism is done, age of democracy is here.

How does the BRA faction of Sarbaz Baloch communicate?
I lost track of this group - they are almost non existent ... I was facebook friends with his fake id but it was deleted ... they I was facebook friends with the ID of spox of UBA - that was deleted also....

I am not very active on FB these either hence not able to track down their IDs.... I was friends with younger brother of peerak baloch :D

I have become very sharif bacha now--- i don't do nasty stuff anymore :angel:

I lost track of this group - they are almost non existent ... I was facebook friends with his fake id but it was deleted ... they I was facebook friends with the ID of spox of UBA - that was deleted also....

I am not very active on FB these either hence not able to track down their IDs.... I was friends with younger brother of peerak baloch :D
You should have told him that his brother died like a dog.
And when are you gonna post more findings on this insurgency?

Siir = Head
Maa = don't
Chaar = See.

Don't see your head = Suicidal = Serfarosh.

Just some vocabulary lesson in balochi😊

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom