What's new

Opportunity strikes: The country’s conglomerates are throwing themselves into arms-making

Good for our future. Say in 20 years ...We could export largest hardware only next to US Russia
Nope, China is there. Even it would have replaced Russia. We would be seen spinning around Russia, may or may not in top 5. Indigenization would be priority. Exports will be considered later.
No mate ; it would be better if we could stop importing first

Exports will increase but we will NOT come in Top 5
But I do believe we can rank in top 10. What do you think? :D

Took long enough.
India exported defence equipment worth around $184 millions between 2010-12
(thigh 2014-15 are believed to higher because of private firms involved).
I would love to know about performance of our neighbor. :)

No mate ; it would be better if we could stop importing first

Exports will increase but we will NOT come in Top 5
Stop importing and then what ? Where you will get bramos Sukois Rafale etc etc ? First create a defence export industries through the country .At the same time import export for some time. So we don't end up with lack of firepower due to made in India. We are not there yet . even Chinese have long long way to become another Russia or US

Nope, China is there. Even it would have replaced Russia. We would be seen spinning around Russia, may or may not in top 5. Indigenization would be priority. Exports will be considered later.

We can learn from China which is 3rd largest arms exporter & 3rd largest importer, same is Pakistan, Pakistan exports much more than India.
We must export something which we have Pinaka, BrahMos, Ships, Radars, Sonars, Barak 8, Akash, Tata Kestrel, Tejas, Dhruv, Rudra, LCH & many more but
hume to Congress ka panchsheel, NAM, Ahinsha & hume lao garibi hatao go with commies policy le dubi.

I would love to warn or throw anyone out if they drag it into a vs thread. KEEP IT TO INDIA

hmm...You can say that... We have wasted 10 long very important year under congress.
Nope, close to much more. India should have geared up its industry when it was making the Marut.

I would love to warn or throw anyone out if they drag it into a vs thread. KEEP IT TO INDIA

Nope, close to much more. India should have geared up its industry when it was making the Marut.

Yes... Due to congress ...we lost that opportunity.

I don't know why people are against Reliance (both brother's) getting into defence?!

They have the money and infrastructure to pull it off.

It's sad to see people buying into Kejiwal's rants abusing Ambani's.
Industries are needed for employment.

Few politicians who have never created one job crap on Industry leaders who have created Lakhs.....and people actually buy it.

Last edited:
:confused: What?
I wasn't trolling you. Just was curious to know.
If you don't wanna tell, please don't tell.
I'm very peaceful person you know. :pleasantry:
Der aaye, durust aaye. ;) We will improve it now.
I didn't remember, on which Chinese or Indian forums, when I was on other forums, we had created an entire thread over indigenization and weapon export program.

Back
Top Bottom