What's new

Opportunities for China, Turkey to build all-round relationship: Chinese envoy

I'm glad you are started to be humble in your evaluation. In this modern age, it is not about trying to act tough but act smart. Like we do. We act smart and not try to be a tough guy by showcasing our airstrike in the Middleeast. LOL We are more interest in trying to act smart and building up our home base so we can control and rule our territorial sea. This is an area that Turkey needs to learn from us. You see, your region is a mess with many foreign powers trying to dictate foreign policy and Turkey is hopeless other than like you say, trying to befriend with an aggressive NATO to get some piece of the pie in your region. That's understandable but as I said, don't put all your baskets in NATO. They are more interest in protecting western value and people and Turkey is simply an outsider which happen to be a friend called NATO.
Dude what do you mean with ''trying to befriend with NATO'' Turkey is one of the oldest members of the alliance almost since its creation.
Trying to befriend would be not to be part of it but cooperating with it, thats something whole different than being part of the alliance for 6 decades.

2000px-History_of_NATO_enlargement.svg.png

Eh.... Realistically speaking in which aspects can these two country maintain a good relationship?

> both are competitors at RMG though China is losing its global share(minisaule I know :D)

whats RMG?

> defence? Nope! Russian-backed vs NATO-backed

china is not "russian-backed" like some client state reliant on another.

> agriculture and food exports? Both have huge land-masses and I heard Putin gonna make Russia largest non-GMO exporter or something

---

> gas/oil/energy? Do China even have oil/gas reserve?

china is actually the 4th and 7th largest oil/gas producer in the world, that comes with being a continent sized nation. however it still uses more than it produced so its a top importer. wild card here is shale gas, china has some of the largest shale reserves in the world, but its harder to get to than the ones in the US and in the current market, completely unprofitable to extract

Only thing I see is Turkey might get Chinese help in Nuclear power reactors Russia backed out? Or not.

possible.

That is the mentality of a small and weak nation. Is China small and weak? A strong power does not think about what xyz country thinks. I believe this is a deep rooted mentality of chinese that I have analysed. A kind of inferior complex, and no confidence.You look towards Russia? You are a 10+ trillion economy, have nuclear weapons, and a good military industry and all I can see is Chinese have a lack of confidence. I believe this is a result of the japanese occupations.

If the Turks had as much population and resources etc no doubt we will be ruling the world with USA.

no, its a cold hard, cost-benefit analysis.

what can russia give china? energy in the form of gas/oil, political support at the UN(even though china has its own veto, it looks better to be in a group), some techs in which china is still behind, ie: engines, certain sensors, a secured northern border allowing china to focus on the seas, etc.

now what can turkey give china? its a part of nato so any military cooperation is limited at best, turkey has no significant independent military technologies, turkey has verbally, if not materially, supported separatist forces in and out of china, turkey has no significant resource exports to china, turkey is a small market for china comparatively.

the fact that you are sitting around calling the nation of china "A kind of inferior complex, and no confidence." tells us something about the people to people relations a well.

oh and saying we have a "inferior complex" while saying if turkey was in the same position it would "ruling the world with USA" so still a US client at the end of the day then, and you say we have a "inferior complex" hahahhaha

Turkey is very arrogant state with good people.
Turks I met hated this religious govt. Now,
China is playing double game with russia.
Russia should know that india is the only loyal friend in asia.
Chinese just want to poach ur jet engine, s-400.
The time they become self reliant they ll dump russia.
West want russia to get trapped in Syria.
Russia must ask syria gov to reimburse all expenses
Russia should warn turks of serious consequences in kurds region if they don't stop interfering in syria.
India supports rise of peaceful shia iran& syria govt.

Chill out. All round relationship = all round biz. The tussle between Turkey & Russia will come to pass, & China will still be there to accommodate both nations interest into our One Belt One Road project. Play the middle man, not the bogeyman.

Last edited:
Erdogan stepping down would be a good start. For everyone including Turkey itself.

It's possible to build a stronger relationship between the two countries if erdogan finally learns to behave or better he resigns as turkey's leader.

:enjoy:

Neighbour could not be moved and we must keep good relationship with every neighbour.We also could our neighbour could keep this mind as well.Wish everything goes on well with our Asia right now.We should cooperate and don't ask others outside to get the profit but ourselves..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom