What's new

Opportunities for China, Turkey to build all-round relationship: Chinese envoy

Eh.... Realistically speaking in which aspects can these two country maintain a good relationship?

> both are competitors at RMG though China is losing its global share(minisaule I know :D)
> defence? Nope! Russian-backed vs NATO-backed
> agriculture and food exports? Both have huge land-masses and I heard Putin gonna make Russia largest non-GMO exporter or something
> gas/oil/energy? Do China even have oil/gas reserve?

Only thing I see is Turkey might get Chinese help in Nuclear power reactors Russia backed out? Or not.

Turkey is receiving Japanese aid in this paradigm. Tho there is also enough opportunity for the Chinese to also take part in this.

Erdoğan approves Turkey-Japan nuclear agreement

Well as I've said before, Asian nations are not in a position to act against eachother, because development should be number one priority. There should be nothing but cooperation between China and Turkey and those news are the good news.

However with any right leaning party(except for secular center-right parties) in the government of Turkey, there will be deep seated trust issues between China and Turkey. That's why Chinese investment to Turkey is very critical. Like to all countries, investment means influence.

At the end of the day, China should have a deeper influence in Turkey. Like @Baybars Han says, China is a great power now and has a lot of potential to become a super power in a very close future. China is not in a position to passively wait and criticize what 3rd party countries are doing. China should be much more proactive about what 3rd party countries are doing and should influence the policy making process.

In every single country there is a political movement/group that are friendly to US, aligns their political agenda according to US policies, and leans towards anglo-saxon school of thought. It's in every country without an exception, even in China and Russia. That's why in every country US has a friend, weak or strong. Such influence comes from a mixture of cultural power and economic power. Military power has very little role in such matters.

All in all, a great power should not be reluctant to invest in times when there are problems with bilateral relations. Instead a great power should be more eager to make friends in times of crisis to influence the matters in it's core of the 3rd party country. What I think is China has enemies in Turkey, but has very few friends. No one really knows anything about China. China should have more friends in Turkey to have a more established relationship based on deep seated trust.

An example of China's friends in Turkey;

Translation of the news below:
"Leader of CHP Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu met high ranking CPC official Li Yuanchao. Kılıçdaroğlu told that he explained policies of CHP regarding the situation in Syria. In the meeting Kılıçdaroğlu told Li Yuanchao that "there shouldn't be any external intervention to Syria. Syrian territorial integrity should be preserved. Any decision regarding Syria should be taken in UN by all parties. Turkey should organize a conference for the attendence of China, Russia and US in Syrian matter. This would improve the hope for the peace. With or without Assad the problem is formation of peace as soon as possible."

Kılıçdaroğlu told the news that CPC officials were positive about the policies of CHP in Syrian problem. Vice President of CHP Faruk Loğoğlu told that the relations between CHP and CPC should be improved in party level. He added that CPC agreed with this. The relationship between women branches and youth organizations of both parties will be improved substantially.

Kılıçdaroğlu brought marzipan and nuts as a gift to CPC officials. "

---original text---

CHP lideri Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, Pekin’de Çin Komünist Partisi üst düzey yetkilileri ile bir araya geldi. Çin Komünist Partisi Merkez Komitesi Siyasi Büro Üyesi Li Yuencao ile görüşen Kılıçdaroğlu, Suriye konusunda CHP’nin politikasını aktardığını ifade etti.
Kılıçdaroğlu, Li Yuencao’ya partisinin duruşunu şöyle özetlediğini aktardı: “Suriye’nin içişlerine karışılmamalı. Dışarıdan müdahale edilmemelidir. Suriye’nin toprak bütünlüğü korunmalıdır. BM’nin alacağı uluslararası kararlara uyulmalıdır. Rusya, Çin ve ABD’nin de katılacağı Türkiye’de toplanacak bir konferans yararlı olur, barış umudunu artırır.”
Kılıçdaroğlu’nun, “Esad ve Esad’sız bizim için önemli olan Suriye’de barışın hakim olmasıdır” sözleri üzerine gazeteciler, “Esad bombalarını sürdürüyor. Bugün de çocukların öldüğü bombalamalar yapıldı. Esad’lı seçenekten söz ederken bunları nasıl değerlendiriyorsunuz” sorusuna, “Dediğim gibi biz genel politikamızı aktardık. Barış sağlanmasına yönelik önerilerimizi söyledik” yanıtını verdi.
Kılıçdaroğlu’na gezide eşlik eden ve görüşmelere katılan Genel Başkan Yardımcısı Faruk Loğoğlu da, Çin Komünist Partisi yetkililerinin CHP’nin Suriye konusundaki politikasını olumlu karşıladıklarını belirtti.
Kılıçdaroğlu, sorularımızı yanıtlarken, CHP’nin barışçı bir dış politikadan yana olduğunu ve Atatürk’ün, “yurtta sulh, cihanda sulh” ilkesini esas alarak hareket ettiklerini, muhataplarına aktardığını söyledi.
Loğoğlu, temaslarda Çin Komünist Partisi ve CHP arasındaki ilişkilerin geliştirilmesi kararı verildiğini, özellikle gençlik ve kadın kolları arasındaki ilişkilerin yoğunlaştırılmasının karşılıklı olarak kabul edildiğini aktardı.
Badem ve fındık
Kılıçdaroğlu’nun, görüştüğü Çin Komünist Partisi yetkililerine Edirne’nin badem ezmesi ile fındık hediye ettiğini belirten Loğoğlu, bu hediye tercihinin Türkiye’nin tanıtılmasına dönük olduğunu vurguladı.

Source : Kılıçdaroğlu Aygün’e disiplini hatırlattı | Fikret Bila | Milliyet.com.tr

I like your pragmatist nature, @Lure , AND YES! There should be greater cooperation between Turkey and China. China can be a conduit for re-establishment of Turko-Russo ties. We must think beyond mere nationlism sentiments.

I drink to that. Cheers,

I don't think that Turks are being looked as high as they themselves would believe on the world stage. The Turkish importance to China is minimum and we are happier to deal with the Greeks. The Turkish racism and Islamic radicals are attracting attention of Chinese public. Turks, by supporting Xingjiang terrorism, look bad in China.

That is the mentality of a small and weak nation. Is China small and weak? A strong power does not think about what xyz country thinks. I believe this is a deep rooted mentality of chinese that I have analysed. A kind of inferior complex, and no confidence.You look towards Russia?

If the Turks had as much population and resources etc no doubt we will be ruling the world with USA.

Yeah, i wonder why Turks are still below top 10 even if they are super duper. Maybe you should give more 0 fucks about others and 0 strategic thinkings. Very typical turkish mentality.

Pakistan's role is highly appreciated. :)
Thanks for the appreciation. Pakistan can repeat the same mediatory role between China, Turkey and even Russia as it did in sixties for China-US relations. This relationship will be even more meaningful and reliable since all the countries can be linked through land connection, HSRs and highways.

A convergence of development strategies has offered rare opportunities for China and Turkey to build an all-round and deeper relationship, Chinese Ambassador to Turkey Yu Hongyang said here on Friday.

Addressing a forum on China's "Belt and Road initiative," Yu noted that since it was first broached by Chinese President Xi Jinping more than two years before, the initiative has produced initial momentum and effect by garnering a positive response and broad participation from more than 60 countries along the way.

The "Belt and Road initiative," also known as the Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road initiative, promotes connectivity and cooperation among countries involved.

Turkey, a country linking Asia and Europe, has launched its own Middle Corridor Initiative seeking a modern revival of the ancient Silk Road, which started from China and ended in Turkey.

"With so high a convergence of development strategies by both sides, rare opportunities have arisen for the two countries to build an all-round and deeper relationship," said Yu.

The forum, which brought together Turkish and Chinese business people as well as renowned academicians, focused on ways to understand and do business with China.

Iraz Turhan Alvaran, representative to Beijing for the Turkish Industrialists and Businessmen Association, highlighted infrastructure, finance, automobile, textile, tourism, e-commerce and agriculture as potential areas for investment as the trade between Turkey and China is growing.

Opportunities for China, Turkey to build all-round relationship: Chinese envoy - Global Times

@Lure
Great news!! Hamidian thought process and mind set are creeping back to us!!

That is the mentality of a small and weak nation. Is China small and weak? A strong power does not think about what xyz country thinks. I believe this is a deep rooted mentality of chinese that I have analysed. A kind of inferior complex, and no confidence.You look towards Russia? You are a 10+ trillion economy, have nuclear weapons, and a good military industry and all I can see is Chinese have a lack of confidence. I believe this is a result of the japanese occupations.

If the Turks had as much population and resources etc no doubt we will be ruling the world with USA.
But um... you do have a large empire, not too long ago. Couldn't keep it and got beat up and lost everything. To this day, you still can't regain those lost empire so if I were a Turk, I wouldn't act too tough on the international arena. LOL

Now speaking of this Sino-Turk relation. There is only one and that is business relationship. We are not interest in forming any other relationship because we have improving relation with Iran and Russia.

But um... you do have a large empire, not too long ago. Couldn't keep it and got beat up and lost everything. To this day, you still can't regain those lost empire so if I were a Turk, I wouldn't act too tough on the international arena. LOL

Now speaking of this Sino-Turk relation. There is only one and that is business relationship. We are not interest in forming any other relationship because we have improving relation with Iran and Russia.

Yes we did have a large empire and one day or another it was bound to go down so I don't see much of a problem. Only big mistake was not giving some territories ourselves in return for some land or bases in those countries like UK, France did,but that's another topic. Secondly we are not trying to regain an empire because those days are over. It's all about alliances in this era and we are part of the strongest which is NATO.

I do agree with you about acting too tough in our foreign policies. That is a big mistake the current government is doing. We are pushing above our weight. I don't mean this only in relation to what happened with Russia,but in a wider context.

Yes we did have a large empire and one day or another it was bound to go down so I don't see much of a problem. Only big mistake was not giving some territories ourselves in return for some land or bases in those countries like UK, France did,but that's another topic. Secondly we are not trying to regain an empire because those days are over. It's all about alliances in this era and we are part of the strongest which is NATO.

I do agree with you about acting too tough in our foreign policies. That is a big mistake the current government is doing. We are pushing above our weight. I don't mean this only in relation to what happened with Russia,but in a wider context.
I'm glad you are started to be humble in your evaluation. In this modern age, it is not about trying to act tough but act smart. Like we do. We act smart and not try to be a tough guy by showcasing our airstrike in the Middleeast. LOL We are more interest in trying to act smart and building up our home base so we can control and rule our territorial sea. This is an area that Turkey needs to learn from us. You see, your region is a mess with many foreign powers trying to dictate foreign policy and Turkey is hopeless other than like you say, trying to befriend with an aggressive NATO to get some piece of the pie in your region. That's understandable but as I said, don't put all your baskets in NATO. They are more interest in protecting western value and people and Turkey is simply an outsider which happen to be a friend called NATO.

That is the mentality of a small and weak nation. Is China small and weak? A strong power does not think about what xyz country thinks. I believe this is a deep rooted mentality of chinese that I have analysed. A kind of inferior complex, and no confidence.You look towards Russia? You are a 10+ trillion economy, have nuclear weapons, and a good military industry and all I can see is Chinese have a lack of confidence. I believe this is a result of the japanese occupations.

We look forward to Russia?? LOL,we donot count on ANYBODY. In1969,when USSR was at his peak,we dared to fight with him at the border , we are not afraid of USSR,not to mention Russia. We of course know our ture power,and you can see what we are doing in South China Sea when facing US navy.
For China,If we need to choose one friend between Russia and Turkey, we will choose Russia without any hesitation. Turkey will NEVER be our friend,Russia can be our friend . We support Russia\Iran ,Greece because we dislike Turkey very much.
Onet more thing,DONOT judge our diplomatic policy easily, China and Turkey culture is very different,from our view,your country acts too aggroant far beyond your true capability ,your diplomatic policy pull your country in danger in the coming future. From your eyes,our policy seems like coward ,but when we have 4-5 carrier fleets in 20 years, do you think we will act as low as today? Let us WAIT AND SEE.

Last edited:
Why china work with terrorist supporter? :D
Your Erdogan come China to beg us for investment. He admit Turkey is inferior while China holds the upperhand. We China are richer, more powerful and technology more advance.
Turkey president Erdogan in China amid Uighur tensions - BBC News

Turkey is receiving Japanese aid in this paradigm. Tho there is also enough opportunity for the Chinese to also take part in this.

Erdoğan approves Turkey-Japan nuclear agreement

I like your pragmatist nature, @Lure , AND YES! There should be greater cooperation between Turkey and China. China can be a conduit for re-establishment of Turko-Russo ties. We must think beyond mere nationlism sentiments.

I drink to that. Cheers,

Japan is broke. What Japan doing is just a last minute struggle for her death. Only China has the financial for miracle of any countries.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9be8bb08-8bf9-11e5-8be4-3506bf20cc2b.html#axzz3uGSc6LCT

A convergence of development strategies has offered rare opportunities for China and Turkey to build an all-round and deeper relationship, Chinese Ambassador to Turkey Yu Hongyang said here on Friday.

Addressing a forum on China's "Belt and Road initiative," Yu noted that since it was first broached by Chinese President Xi Jinping more than two years before, the initiative has produced initial momentum and effect by garnering a positive response and broad participation from more than 60 countries along the way.

The "Belt and Road initiative," also known as the Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road initiative, promotes connectivity and cooperation among countries involved.

Turkey, a country linking Asia and Europe, has launched its own Middle Corridor Initiative seeking a modern revival of the ancient Silk Road, which started from China and ended in Turkey.

"With so high a convergence of development strategies by both sides, rare opportunities have arisen for the two countries to build an all-round and deeper relationship," said Yu.

The forum, which brought together Turkish and Chinese business people as well as renowned academicians, focused on ways to understand and do business with China.

Iraz Turhan Alvaran, representative to Beijing for the Turkish Industrialists and Businessmen Association, highlighted infrastructure, finance, automobile, textile, tourism, e-commerce and agriculture as potential areas for investment as the trade between Turkey and China is growing.

Opportunities for China, Turkey to build all-round relationship: Chinese envoy - Global Times

@Lure
China is Putin's friend. Is it not true?

Thanks for the appreciation. Pakistan can repeat the same mediatory role between China, Turkey and even Russia as it did in sixties for China-US relations. This relationship will be even more meaningful and reliable since all the countries can be linked through land connection, HSRs and highways.

Yes, I Believe and Hope Pakistan Government can take more Active Role for this matter.
Pakistani is Chinese Iron Brother, and Chinese have more trust to Pakistani people Among other Countries. Chinese will hear more to Pakistani people.

But, honestly I must say. the condition today is not in Good shape.
Many Turkish have bad view to China, and also many Chinese have bad view too, to Turkey.
In other side, Russian have Spat with Turkish. and Russian is also one of Chinese Strategic Ally to Counter, what we call U.S.A Pivot to Asia.
So, the condition between them is Really Complicated.

But I believe in the future. China and Turkey will have better relationship than today.

@war&peace @PakSword @Curious_Guy @Arryn @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang

Turkey must realize that putting all eggs in one (Nato) basket is not very mature policy... close relation with China is best for Turkish interest.. btw i have yet to see any official statement of Chinese official about Turkish support to Uyghur militants or ISIS.. so i dont know on what basis both fight with each other... there is no problem between both governments..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom