What's new

Opinionated - Best time to get back IOK

Yes, but please give me a little time. I have not only to sing for my supper, here, but cook the damn thing. No details, to avert @SIPRA feeling nauseous, but it's an hour's hard graft.

I was hoping you'd be busy, depending on how detailed your reply is, I might not be able to reply for few days either. Just have enough time for minor discussions lol

Enjoy the dinner, and don't make me jealous with your singing. I can hear a song a thousand times and forget the lines the next minute. It's strange how the mind works.

This growing trend with Pakistanis to blame mainland Kashmiris of being pacifists and not willing to fight is sadly insensitive. Since late 1800s they were brutally ruled by dogras and did not occupy any senior positions in the military and administration.

Kashmiri leadership time and gain warned Pakistani leadership prior to indian occupation that if Kashmir goes, Pakistani leadership will be responsible. We can the read the letter sent to Liaquat Khan by Muslim conference on August 47.

You cannot fully blame the army at least on Kashmir. It was the political leadership in 47 that did not realize the strategic importance of Kashmir and foolishly demanded that rulers will decide where to go and did not initiate dialogue on Hyderabad and Junagadh in exchange for Kashmir. It was after 49 that they realized what had actually happened.

Anyways, today there is no option except military coercion. If Pakistan wants Kashmir, current circus of incompetence and corruption needs to end and aim should be to have at least numerical superiority in naval and air assets.

Kashmir is a war trophy/booty for india and without a fight whether limited or expansive it cannot be snatched, so I agree with @Abdul Rehman Majeed. Your assessment is correct.

35% of Kashmir is still with Pakistan. 20% with China.

If only the Pakistani Military top brass actually cared about its people, it would use its money for strengthening and developing the army and nation and not pocketing it for development of personal land plots and housing authorities. Then they would actually be able to do something about Kashmir.

A bit harsh, but overall true.

Domestically, it has been management more than simply getting rid of internal snakes. Just a game.

35% of Kashmir is still with Pakistan. 20% with China.

That is why the GB scouts, Poonch fighters, Tribals are our heroes and always will be. They fought on their own for a long time without proper planning and support while the political leadership could not even visit them in liberated muzaffarad while nehru visited Srinagar during war.

I was hoping you'd be busy, depending on how detailed your reply is, I might not be able to reply for few days either. Just have enough time for minor discussions lol

Enjoy the dinner, and don't make me jealous with your singing. I can hear a song a thousand times and forget the lines the next minute. It's strange how the mind works.
I will send you - and @SIPRA, who has turned out to be delightful company - a detailed answer as a Word attachment, and you can read it whenever you please.

;) Or even dump the rubbish in the waste paper basket! Always an option.

A passing thought - I'd always read about Mad Majors (there's even a march named that), but this is the first Mad Major General I've come across. The certifiably mad kind.

Unfortunately, War is not a good idea to pass the time.

We have put our own existence on the line, multiple times, for the Kashmir cause yet their response has always been underwhelming. What else do they want? We were willing to start a nuclear war back in 2019, the message was clearly conveyed to India that every missile strike will be reciprocated thrice. Yet Kashmiris even took the abrogation of 370 without much resistance. And that's not bad, if Kashmiris have accepted their current fate good for them, we should also move on. Kashmir is quiet while Balochistan is burning there will come a time when this will no longer be affordable. I don't blame Kashmiris for anything but our own stupid leadership, they lost Bangladesh and now IOK is also effectively lost because of our own bad policies.

Mohataram

Please always remember that if Kashmir was a normal province of British india, it would automatically go to Pakistan. So, they are effectively our people as much as Lahorites or Karachiites are. Just because they were ruled by a war criminal hindu despot, does not mean they are different.

Kashmir was retained by india for strategic reasons which we will discuss some other time.

If US did not abandon texas which was in Mexican hands, logically we should not abandon Kashmiris because as I said - they are our people. But if Pakistani establishment wants to abandon them, you and I cannot do much.

Now comes Pakistan. People dont like to hear the truth fine. But facts cannot be changed. Pakistan has always had an arrogant leadership that sees personal interests as national interests. They think what is good for them should be and must be good for Pakistan too.

Pakistan has two options either become extremely strong economically and militarily by ending this politically corrupt circus or become bhutan. India will never tolerate a strong military on its western border.

The best and permanent solution to Kashmir conflict is a democratic vote held by the Kashmiri people for self-determination. Whether they want independence, join India, or join Pakistan, whatever the result is, Pakistan and India must respect it and move on.

Even if Pakistan militarily captured all of Kashmir, conflict in the region will remain and vice versa for India. So the military solution isn't the best answer. India has been very tone deaf calling Kashmir an "integral part" but when your neighbor is telling you this is disputed and the complexities of religion, culture, and ethnicity across the Pakistan/Kashmir you really can't be saying these things with real validity but as a matter of policy.

I will send you - and @SIPRA, who has turned out to be delightful company - a detailed answer as a Word attachment, and you can read it whenever you please.

;) Or even dump the rubbish in the waste paper basket! Always an option.

A passing thought - I'd always read about Mad Majors (there's even a march named that), but this is the first Mad Major General I've come across. The certifiably mad kind.

Let's not touch the volcano, and leave the generals alone. lol
Any format will be fine.

WTF are u talking about? Its pakistan which sends world war II weapons like AK47 to Kashmiris. Look what the US and UK supplied to Ukraine. Majority of Kashmiris believe now Pakistan is/was never interested in liberating Kashmir, it just wants 10lakh Indian troops to be occupied with Kashmiris. We are just 8 million people and have lost more than 2 lakh people in the last 30 years.

LOL Sanghis are entertaining!

The best and permanent solution to Kashmir conflict is a democratic vote held by the Kashmiri people for self-determination. Whether they want independence, join India, or join Pakistan, whatever the result is, Pakistan and India must respect it and move on.

Even if Pakistan militarily captured all of Kashmir, conflict in the region will remain and vice versa for India. So the military solution isn't the best answer. India has been very tone deaf calling Kashmir an "integral part" but when your neighbor is telling you this is disputed and the complexities of religion, culture, and ethnicity across the Pakistan/Kashmir you really can't be saying these things with real validity but as a matter of policy.

The best solution for Kashmir is for China and Pakistan to divide it amongst us.

India will never be able to survive a combined onslaught of both China and Pakistan.

Best time to get back IOK is when China goes to war with India.
Then it has to be total war from Pakistan in order to liberate IOK and correct the border with India.
China can have Ladakh, Pakistan gets Kashmir and as much land as it can take from India.
I give it less than 2 years.

Just a small problem , the loc is fenced!!
Not all of it. Even fenced parts can be cut, as shown by the TTP at the Afghan border. And the LoC fencing is quite primitive in many areas.

1 Pathan = 10 Baniyas
This might have been true 100 years ago but nowadays regardless of genetic capability, it comes down to how good you are at aiming and shooting.
Well, when we checked last time, military balance between Pakistan and India is much identical to that between Ukraine and Russia.
Are you confusing Pakistan with Bhutan? Or do you seriously think India can waltz into Islamabad within 24 hours? Perhaps you are one of those fellows who thinks India is strong enough to take Tibet from China as well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom