What's new

Opinion: Russia is willing to sacrifice millions of men to retake Donbas, the heart of Russia

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine. Russia can afford heavy losses. Ukraine cannot. Donbas is the heart of Russia. The importance of Donbas to Russia is more than Moscow. Unlike low Soviet morale in Afghanistan, Russians have very high morale in Donbas. In fact, Russian morale in Donbas is higher than it has ever been, even more so than in the Great Patriotic War. Russia can afford millions of combat losses. Ukraine cannot. So in my opinion Russia is willing to sacrifice millions of men to retake Donbas.

@White and Green with M/S @F-22Raptor @Oldman1 @UKBengali @gambit @Ich @jamahir @jamal18 @Hack-Hook @Vergennes @Song Hong @Ali_Baba @bobo6661 @KAL-EL @thetutle @925boy @FuturePAF @mazeto @CAPRICORN-88 @sammuel @Wood @nang2 @Messerschmitt @mmr @Philip the Arab @Apollon @Philip the Arab @Hassan Al-Somal @Viet @Get Ya Wig Split @A.P. Richelieu @letsrock @PakFactor @RescueRanger @ZeGerman @zartosht @jhungary

Russians never count the losses of their troops on the battlefield. Their only goal is the successful outcome of the war. They have proven it in the past, especially in World War II. Their military strategy does not take into account the loss of human resources.
As regards the morale, I do not think we know what is going on, because the lack of information due to the ban on the entry of foreign observers. However, the detachment of the Russians from Northeastern Ukraine, the rumors about the end of the war in 10 days and finally we reached 110 days, show that they have serious losses.

Russians never count the losses of their troops on the battlefield. Their only goal is the successful outcome of the war. They have proven it in the past, especially in World War II. Their military strategy does not take into account the loss of human resources.
As regards the morale, I do not think we know what is going on, because the lack of information due to the ban on the entry of foreign observers. However, the detachment of the Russians from Northeastern Ukraine, the rumors about the end of the war in 10 days and finally we reached 110 days, show that they have serious losses.

In WW1 Russian losses were very heavily. I think more than 2 million men KIA.

In WW1 Russian losses were very heavily. I think more than 2 million men KIA.
In general, the losses are many, it is their culture, not only on the battlefield, but also the easy extermination of the civilian population. To understand, the domination of the Bolsheviks, who were mostly Russians, cost 6 million losses.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom