What's new

Operation soon to retrieve state land worth Rs5tr: PM Imran

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday vowed to launch an operation to retrieve occupied state land after the first phase of digitalised cadastral mapping of Pakistan detected massive encroachment worth Rs5.5 trillion.

“The total value of all encroached state land and those in the three major cities stood at approximately Rs5.5 trillion, whereas the land encroached in three major cities (Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad) alone was valued at Rs2.63trillion. Similarly, encroached forest land was worth around Rs1.86 trillion,” the prime minister said in a tweet while sharing, what he called, shocking facts.

“This has aggravated Pak’s existing lack of sufficient forest cover,” he tweeted.

PM Khan said just as in the case of electronic voting machines, the government faced “massive resistance” against cadastral mapping of Pakistan for digitalising land records.

“Results of Phase 1 survey of state lands shows why the resistance: phenomenal state land encroachment incl of forest land thru land mafia-pol elite connivance,” he tweeted.

With this accurate digital record, he said the government would now take action against these land mafias and their facilitators.

Earlier, in a press conference, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam said in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, around 160,000 acres of state land was encroached.

He said forest land mapping of 30,000 square km was also completed and 700,000 acres was found to have been intruded upon by land mafia.

Takhtpari Forest in Rawalpindi had a total of 2,210 acres area out of which 755 acres were encroached. Similarly, the Lohi Bher Forest had over 57 per cent (629 acres) of its total area encroached by land mafia, the prime minister’s aide said.

At the time of launching of the cadastral mapping for Islamabad in September, PM Khan had said around Rs400 billion worth of land in the capital was either illegally occupied or laid un-utilised, while almost 1,000 acres of forest land was encroached upon.

He had said the cadastral mapping of three cities would be digitised by November this year while the rest of the country would be covered in the six months after it.

Mr Khan had regretted that the country’s system did not have the capacity to retrieve illegally-occupied land from encroachers, stressing the need to establish the rule of law.

“Such a move would help attract investment from abroad,” he had said.

because the largest players in this business are well.. I’d better not say.

1637565517398.png

Seriously tho....pls do......... I need names.......for uuuhhhhh......"research". :D
Takhtpari Forest in Rawalpindi had a total of 2,210 acres area out of which 755 acres were encroached.

That's a lot of encroachment. 🤔

Mr Khan had regretted that the country’s system did not have the capacity to retrieve illegally-occupied land from encroachers, stressing the need to establish the rule of law.

Say whaaa!?

This will be another nail in the coffin of IK - because the largest players in this business are well.. I’d better not say.

People have been touting nails in the coffin since Day 1! DG ISI appointment was one too .. or maybe someone is collecting these nails for the right time eh?

I hope he's transparent about it, we need to know the truth about who the crooks are; all of them.

The crooks are certainly not the poor working class people, its those who are ruling us, the waderas, politicians, landlords, mafias, ex army guys, ex judiciary, the law only applies to the citizens not the rulers, they can launder billions and billions to foreign banks whilst the citizens are advised to send more remittees and pay tax. I pray IK gives them all a big danda.

Last edited:
The way it would work out is mass scale , property demolishing will sway the votes in regions which are closely contested

Karachi already has many areas now Semi Demolished architecture due to

• Railway recovering stolen property land
  • City recovering stolen property land where Buildings have been setup

If the scope will widen people will only remember , broken buildings / walls and roads before election time :coffee:

It is a tricky situation should have been done Year 1 of Government

The builders / Government officials who sold permits for illegal construction have long gone to Oversea and retired or are retired locally

There is no avenue to collect reclaim funds from them to give back to people who invested in Property

• While I support the Demolishing of illegal buildings but there should be a plan in place to compensate people who spent their life saving on such places , and hold legitimate permits

Last edited:
I hope he's transparent about it, we need to know the truth about who the crooks are; all of them.

Who have the guts to illegally takeover government forest land in Capital city Islamabad. ??

Let me give you options.

1. Govt college Maali...
2. SST school teacher
3. Class 4 main qasid in secretariat office
4. Burecrats, politicians, gangs, politically affiliated businesses

Choose the correct one.

Who have the guts to illegally takeover government forest land in Capital city Islamabad. ??

Let me give you options.

1. Govt college Maali...
2. SST school teacher
3. Class 4 main qasid in secretariat office
4. Burecrats, politicians, gangs, politically affiliated businesses

Choose the correct one.
Dandi maar gaey na?

People have been touting nails in the coffin since Day 1! DG ISI appointment was one too .. or maybe someone is collecting these nails for the right time eh?
Touch the 1% and they will neither forgive nor forget. DG ISI isn’t a nail in the coffin - no wallets or materialistic privileges were touched there.
Laa davo Foujiyaan da naa.....

:hitwall:
Fauji koi akela thori hai.. aur becharay laftain te kaptaan ya subedar ne Pakistan ka bigara hai?
Iss gorakh parday ke peechay sab hain

Back
Top Bottom