What's new

Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

Rawalpindi - June 26, 2009:

1. During last 24 hours, Security forces apprehended 2 terrorists and also recovered arms and ammunition, while 4 soldiers and 1 civilian embraced shahadat and 16 soldiers got injured in Swat, Muzaffrabad and North Waziristan Agency.

2. Muzaffarabad. A suicide bomber exploded himself against an Army vehicle close to Shaukat lines at Muzaffarabad, resultantly 2 soldiers embraced shahadat, while 3 were injured.

3. Swat

a. Search and sweep operation by security forces are continuing. Security forces consolidated their positions in area around Kabbal and Rangeela. During exchange of fire with terrorists 1 soldier was injured.

b. Security forces cleared area around Khazana, Tangar, Bartana, Libat and villages Baidera and Gamkot. During clearance operation, 2 terrorists were apprehended and 3 IEDs were neutralized.

c. Security forces conducted clear and search operation at Jabbar Kalle (near Malam Jabba) and neutralized 5 IEDs, destroyed 1 Tunnel and 1 shell proof Bunker of terrorists.

d. Terrorists fire raided at Bagh Derai and Sakhra, which was effectively responded by security forces. 1 soldier was injured in exchange of fire. Loss of terrorists is not known.

4. North Waziristan Agency. A military convoy was targeted by an IED followed by fire at Miranshah, resultantly 3 personnel (2 FC soldiers and a civilian contractor) embraced shahadat and 11 soldiers were injured.

5. Restoration of Services / Relief Activities

a. Road repairing and filling work has been completed around Mingora city by Army Engineers.

b. Repair work to restore 76 damaged water pumps is in progress in Mingora city.

c. 5 trucks of rations and relief items were distributed amongst the IDPs of Malakand on Thursday.

---

KIT Over n Out :victory::pakistan::sniper::guns:

One shot One Kill!! Or should i say many!

P.S. Q: How can a fighter jet kinda 'hover' over some target and engage it? i know i am lame on the this, so need some clarifications. Or i think i should have done the FAC Cadre under the PAF:lol:

Sir X_man and MuradK are cordially invited to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
One shot One Kill!! Or should i say many!
6a67j2n6szI[/media] - Swat Dilemma : Operation Rah-e-Rast - PAF targeted hideouts of militants in Swat - Part 45

P.S. Q: How can a fighter jet kinda 'hover' over some target and engage it? i know i am lame on the this, so need some clarifications. Or i think i should have done the FAC Cadre under the PAF:lol:

Sir X_man and MuradK are cordially invited to comment.

though i havent got a clue of wat im talkin about but still let me give it a try....

may be goes at very high altitude and then comes down from there:lol:
or may be there is a camera attached somewhere which keeps that target in focus till a misslie has been fired

How can a fighter jet kinda 'hover' over some target and engage it?
They could have an operator (or pilot) operating the sensors, while the aircraft circles at a fixed radius above the target. Most likely, though, is that the camera stays at geo-lock. Algorithms controlling the EO/IR system can utilize set GPS/INS points and/or lock onto specific geographical features in a picture (think of it as an advanced type of facial-recognition found in most digital cameras). This eliminates the need for constant adjustments/inputs from the operators while the camera stays locked on target. Ofcourse, when about to release the bombs, manual control is essential. I am working on the MX series turrets by L3 Communications right now, and they have this feature. MX pods are found on P-3 Orions and C-130s among other aircraft, but I am not sure if Pakistan Navy P-3s or Air Force C-130s have them (most likely not).

The bombs they are using are most likely laser guided. The same turret used for EO/IR signatures will also usually feature laser identification, designation and/or targeting systems.
may be goes at very high altitude and then comes down from there
That is another way strike fighters are used to deliver bombs. Climb until the aircraft is almost vertical, then invert and dive. Then invert again and release the load. This "dive bombing" technique allows you to point your nose at the target, which, supposedly, is more accurate compared to level flight bombing. I believe that is the one that gives the "hovering" effect that xeric is talking about since the frame remains unchanged.

Last edited:
Thnakyou bith of you (ajpizada and PAFAce)

Now here is what io think (ithout invovling the technolody)

i assume that the jet is flying at great height, so therefore when seen from above the ground dosent seem to move much (as when you are sitting in a bus or train and the things near you cross you at more speed and the things faarrrrr away are crossing you as if they are still). Moreover the speed of the jet is compensated by the altitude of the craft and the minor adjustments (maybe made manually) by the dude who is operating that optical stuff.

It's like, while traveling in a car it is difficult rather impossible to shoot someone which is very near you out side the car and it is quite easy to shoot/aim at something that is quite far away from your location.

As for the diving technique i think it may be difficult to keep the things steady when a jet would be diving at great speeds, moreover this 'dive in'-'bomb'-pull up (point) (PUP) technique was used in old jets, now with the PGMs and laser guided stuff this technique is being replaced as far as i know.

How come Terrorist Fazllullah was among the Police in this video, Is he captured?

Well it is a B-roll, you know these people have been roaming freely and even keeping 'mail jol' with our politicians previously

Well it is a B-roll, you know these people have been roaming freely and even keeping 'mail jol' with our politicians previously
That sucks man. We should off killed them even before

That sucks man. We should off killed them even before

Lolzz...well haven't you seen these crooks walking side by side our politicians, they were even provided 'protection' by our police.

Rawalpindi - June 27, 2009:

1. During last 24 hours, Security Forces recovered arms, ammunitions and equipment, while 3 soldiers were injured in exchange of fire with terrorists in Swat.

2. Swat

a. Security Forces commenced clearance operation at Khlel Kandao and Dangram. During exchange of fire with terrorists 2 soldiers were injured at Thana and Tutan Banda respectively.

b. Security Forces carried out search and sweep operation in remaining areas of Rangeela, Mam Deherai, Khazan, Garai, Gamko Garai, Nimogram and recovered 1 Parado Jeep, 6 Walki Talkie Sets, 1 satellite communication set, 4 IEDs, 6 camera flash guns, notes on (how to use) weapons, explosives and 1 VHF / FM transmitter, from terrorists hideouts at Garai.

c. Security Forces carried out search operation in area around Kandao near Biha, Waliabad, Sambat, Baidarra Shakardara and Gulibgah. During exchange of fire with terrorists 1 soldier was injured at Gulibgah. 1 rifle along with ammunition was recovered at Shakardara.

3. South Waziristan Agency. Today centres of terrorists training facilities and arms and ammuniation dumps at Ladha and Makeen were targeted from air.

4. Restoration of Services / Relief Activities

a. 23 civilian doctors and 52 paramedics reached Saidu Sharif hospital.

b. Repair work on rural water pumps is in progress.

c. 4 trucks of rations and relief items were distributed amongst the IDPs of Malakand on Friday.

d. 2125 ATM cards were distributed in post graduate college (Guhati) and 126 were distributed in Akora Khattak.

---

Rawalpindi - June 28, 2009:

1. During last 24 hours, Security forces apprehended 3 terrorists including suicide bomber trainer and recovered prepared suicide car and a Rickshaw in Swat, while 1 Non Commissioned Officer embraced shahadat in South Waziristan Agency.

2. Swat

a. Security forces cleared area around Kokarai and successfully established link up at Jambil, while apprehended local terrorist commanders Akbar and Saleem and a suicide bomber trainer Abdul Rehman. A prepared suicide car and rickshaw were also recovered from Kokarai.

b. On a tip from locals, security forces recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition including IEDs from a grave yard in Garai, 4 KM north east of Shamozai.

c. Security forces secured areas around Khazana, Zarra Khela, Gamkot, Chalera, Rangeela, Shah Dheri - Maira Band and Garai and commenced search operation in surrounding areas of Mangalton.

d. Security forces carried out search operation at Bala Sar, Chuprial and Bartana and recovered three 12 Bore guns and three 30 Bore Pistols.

3. South Waziristan Agency.

a. Security Forces conducted road opening operations on Wana-Khamrang road.

b. Terrorists training centers and hide outs including arms and ammunition dumps at Ladha, Makeen and Sararogha were targetted.

c. Terrorists fire raided on Tanai Fort, resultantly 1 Non Commissioned Officer embraced shahadat.

4. Relief Activities / Restoration Services

a. 1 truck carrying water dispenser units was dispatched for IDPs at D I Khan.

b. 16 Trucks of rations and non food items dispatched for IDPs at Bannu.

c. 10 trucks of ration and non food items distributed amongst the IDPs at Palko Deri, Hathian, Sherghar, Mohabbatabad, Hoti Mardan, Jamal Garthi, Mardan Rural and Charsada.

d. Electricity, PTCL, Mobile Phone Services and Sui Gas maximum services have been functional at Buner and Swat.

e. So far fifty thousand five hundred and eleven cash cards have been distributed amongst the IDPs of Malakand Division, while Rs. 500.655 Million has been drawn by the IDPs.

---

Back
Top Bottom