What's new

Operation Ain Debba Fernana Jendouba

Tunisian Marine Corps

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
m8fkm8.jpg
TUNIS (TAP) - Two terrorists were killed and several arrested following a fire exchange between National Guard special units and terrorist gunmen holed up in the locality of Ain Debba in the delegation of Fernana, Governorate of Jendouba.

This security operation was conducted by a National Guard anti-terrorism unit, Thursday at 9.00 p.m., official spokesman for the Interior Ministry Mohamed Ali Laroui said at news briefing on Friday.

Two Kalashnikovs, a Kalashnikov sniper, a large quantity of ammunition, two hand-made bombs and two bags containing military equipment were seized.

The National Guard is carrying on its operations in the region, in collaboration with the National Army, he pointed out.

The Interior Ministry calls on all the inhabitants of Jendouba and neighbouring delegations to report the presence of any suspect foreign to the region or showing marks of injuries, the spokesman insisted.

Laroui denied information that hostages were taken by these terrorists, explaining that the latter took refuge in a house near the forest where the operation took place. "The special units intervened to protect the five members of the family who live there and were transferred to a safe place," he added.

Besides, Laroui said "no other information could be provided to the public to preserve the operation underway," calling the media to limit themselves to news releases and official statements.
Two terrorists killed in Fernana (Laroui)

Arabian Legend
Hazzy997
I-LEK
Mahmoud_EGY
JUBA
Syrian Lion
Mosamania
Zarvan

Good. Clean the few remaining trash. Local as foreign. Tunisia is mostly completely safe just as Morocco and Algeria is but those 3 states together with Egypt should deal with nearby Libya. Once that happens North Africa will be safe on that front. Since the Senussi Kingdom was abolished in Libya that country has overall been a mess unfortunately although they have the potential to become the richest country in Africa and a success story linking North Africa with Europe and the ME.

Time will tell but the potential is clearly there. We as Arabs need to cooperate even more in the Arab League and the other Arab organizations and most importantly on a grassroots level to combat such issues and many others. The region is in turmoil after decades of relative stability and peace so it's not like it is supposed to be.

Anyway what is certain is that the Arab world is always going to bounce back. On the lands where the first civilizations were found and dozens of great and ancient kingdoms, empires, caliphates, sheikdoms, sultanates, emirates etc. had their home for milleniums. But we need to look forward and not back and fix our problems because nobody else will. It's criminal how much potential our latest generations have wasted but I see changes which is very good.

@Tunisian Marine Corps @Mootaz-khelifi

Last edited:
Anyway what is certain is that the Arab world is always going to bounce back. On the lands where the first civilizations were found and dozens of great and ancient kingdoms, empires, caliphates, sheikdoms, sultanates, emirates etc. had their home for milleniums. But we need to look forward and not back and fix our problems because nobody else will. It's criminal how much potential our latest generations have wasted but I see changes which is very good.

@Tunisian Marine Corps @Mootaz-khelifi

To the bold part: These entities aren't "great" nor do they have ANY respect by the outside world and history.

Sheikhdoms and Caliphate does not go hand in hand.

Its like saying "Europe is going to bounce back. It is the land of ancient civilizations, Greek wisdom, Roman mastery, and the republic of Malta"

You see, the bold part is absurd in the above sentence.

So is bold part of your sentence.

To the bold part: These entities aren't "great" nor do they have ANY respect by the outside world and history.

Sheikhdoms and Caliphate does not go hand in hand.

Its like saying "Europe is going to bounce back. It is the land of ancient civilizations, Greek wisdom, Roman mastery, and the republic of Malta"

You see, the bold part is absurd in the above sentence.

So is bold part of your sentence.

I am talking about the ancient ones. They do. You have to read about Al-Andalus, Emirate of Sicily, Crete etc. or in general just the countless of rich, influential and powerful Sheikdoms, Sultanates and Emirates that were even colonial powers. From the Maghreb, to the Swahili coastline, to the Arabian Peninsula, to the Levant, to the Mashriq etc.

Or are you talking about the current ones which were not even mentioned? Otherwise I could have mentioned republics etc. Some well off.

I thought that it was obvious that I was not talking about today but ancient and medieval times.

Anyway even if you refer to some of the current ones then many of them are doing very well compared to the standard of the Muslim world and even the world in general.

Back
Top Bottom