What's new

Opening ceremony of 16th Asian Games kicks off

Chinese wrestler carries injured opponent out of court in arms (2) - People's Daily OnlineNovember 25, 2010

P201011251047554555141921.jpg

Gao carried the Iranian in the arms and left the court.(Photo by Xinhua)

P201011251044468734229223.jpg

You can always see the Olympic spirit in the competition. And there is the one in men's freestyle 60kg event.

The competition was between China's Gao Feng and Iran's Ahmari Zarinkolaei Saeid. The Iranian made foul as he bit his Chinese opponent under the passive situation in the second round. He was punished by the judge.

Gao Feng said, "He did bit me at that time. You can still see the mark on my hand. Yes he did bit me."

The Iranian injured his knee later in the competition. Although he completed the match, he lost to Gao Feng. The Chinese took the bronze medal. Gao showcased his Olympic spirit by supporting his opponent with hands.

"Despite he lost, I should give him the respect which he deserved. He had not given up the competition and this is our wrestling people's moral character."

After the judge's annoucement, Gao carried the Iranian in the arms and left the court. And this is what the Olympic spirit should be.

(Source: CNTV.cn)

P201011251044468734229223.jpg

Gao Feng said, "He did bit me at that time. You can still see the mark on my hand. Yes he did bit me."

The Iranian injured his knee later in the competition. Although he completed the match, he lost to Gao Feng. The Chinese took the bronze medal. Gao showcased his Olympic spirit by supporting his opponent with hands.

After the judge's annoucement, Gao carried the Iranian in the arms and left the court. And this is what the Olympic spirit should be.

This guy is a really good sport. :cheers:

Even though the other guy bit his hand (ouch), he is still very polite and respectful towards him, and even carried him out of the ring. That is the right spirit. :tup:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom